IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I feel like people haven't read a lot of thenoriginal documents.

The only GG that got tossed into this by MHJ is Illit.

Hybe brought up New Jeans and explicitly called rhem a second Fifry Fifty before any Ador response.

And Hybe was who said that New Jeans was created by exploitation of Source Music funds and staff which led to LSF being rushed.

Thoss two GG were never escaping this incident cause they were situated right from moment one.
HYBE being dishonest about that. That's one of those things that's technically true but omits their own responsibility for signing off on it in the first place. I may not like MHJ in the slightest, but HYBE doesn't get to have it both ways. They don't get to say "look at what she did to Source" and then turn around and counter her dumb narrative that they never supported her by saying "look at all the Source stuff we gave to her".

Oct 25, 2017
Here's an example of how forced and ridiculous this hate train is. Allkpop has over 6.1m followers on X. They made a post hyping up the Hybe cult rumors. It was getting low engagement so they edited it to include LSF and Gfriend. Post then blew up from 10k views to 4m views.

View: https://twitter.com/milkkura39/status/1784560090764484688?t=XadMHde1NxKJVw5iH9oxYw&s=19

One Hybe artist RAK got replaced by another Hybe artist RAK.

View: https://twitter.com/kchartsmaster/status/1784719761210814530?t=gBjMVM5y9TmKbwEWiNSmUg&s=19

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/07EzMbVH3QE
youtu.be

IVE 아이브 '해야 (HEYA)' MV

STARSHIP SQUARE (Domestic) : https://bit.ly/3HtQ7GFSTARSHIP SQUARE (Global) : https://bit.ly/3JWPxm0IVE US EXCLUSIVE STORE : https://shop.ive-starship.com/ ...

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/7z61DsZtWO2S4nC5xd0b9p

Just started listening to the album, so far I didn't like HEYA, but Accendio is really, really, really good. Like, I'm impressed level kind of good. Gonna edit after I listen to the rest.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to the album and Accendio, WOW and Reset are the best ones, but Accendio is by very far the best.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm liking the album Heya, Ice Queen, and Accendio are my fav tracks at the moment. That said I can loop the whole album and not feel like skipping anything. Really solid!

Edit: ah I kinda want to switch in Blue Heart, the pacing shift feels so good.

Last edited:

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on music.

Heya is pretty decent. Will give the album a listen later.

The new NewJeans is also decent. Probably one of the weakest I've heard from them though. Happy that it wasn't another 2 minutes song.

Gave YUQI's album a listen, and it's surprisingly good.

Lots of new RIIZE, and they're all pretty good.

Oct 25, 2017
From Donda Ilbo, Hybe and MHJ were working on her contract negotiations in December. They were going to give her 13x for her shares. She wanted 30x so negotiations from that point on started to breakdown.

View: https://twitter.com/tmikpop/status/1784915261365108978?t=ZPMwcWfdHegwmYEc-RiTFQ&s=19

Donga Ilbo reports that in Mar 2023, Hybe entered into a shareholder agreement with MHJ to transfer a 20% stake to her. She reduced her stake to 18% and distributed 2% to employees of the company. At that time, there was a good working relationship as Chairman Bang lent Min Heejin the money (to buy the shares). In December 2023, a conflict arose when MHJ demanded a revision of the shareholder agreement, increasing the valuation from 13x the value of Ador to 30x the value of Ador (for all 18% of her shares).

The revised valuation would increase the value of her shares from 100B to 270B. MHJ also requested a revision to the clause that required Hybe's consent to sell the remaining 4.5% of the 18% of her shares, saying that in conjunction with the non compete, this was a slave contract Hybe agreed that the 4.5% would be treated as a put option (basically mandating that Hybe would buy back all 18% at an agreed valuation) but rejected the demands for a higher valuation. The two parties could not come to an agreement.

Last edited:

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
IVE is my favorite group and I'm front row in Amsterdam, but not feeling this album much after 3 album listens. Only song that I really like is accendio. I hope that with more listens it will grow on me but for now I'm pretty disappointed sadly.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
From Donda Ilbo, Hybe and MHJ were working on her contract negotiations in December. They were going to give her 13x for her shares. She wanted 30x so negotiations from that point on started to breakdown.

View: https://twitter.com/tmikpop/status/1784915261365108978?t=ZPMwcWfdHegwmYEc-RiTFQ&s=19

Donga Ilbo reports that in Mar 2023, Hybe entered into a shareholder agreement with MHJ to transfer a 20% stake to her. She reduced her stake to 18% and distributed 2% to employees of the company. At that time, there was a good working relationship as Chairman Bang lent Min Heejin the money (to buy the shares). In December 2023, a conflict arose when MHJ demanded a revision of the shareholder agreement, increasing the valuation from 13x the value of Ador to 30x the value of Ador (for all 18% of her shares).

The revised valuation would increase the value of her shares from 100B to 270B. MHJ also requested a revision to the clause that required Hybe's consent to sell the remaining 4.5% of the 18% of her shares, saying that in conjunction with the non compete, this was a slave contract Hybe agreed that the 4.5% would be treated as a put option (basically mandating that Hybe would buy back all 18% at an agreed valuation) but rejected the demands for a higher valuation. The two parties could not come to an agreement.

This doesn't say anything on its own.

Without industry standard valuation to compare to and details of what the noncompete clause is all it tells us is she tried to negotiate for more in her contract.

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't say anything on its own.

Without industry standard valuation to compare to and details of what the noncompete clause is all it tells us is she tried to negotiate for more in her contract.

Lol, that is way higher than the industry standard. You seem to keep forgetting MHJ is the highest paid employee. Nothing about her is the industry standard. No employees aside from CEO or majority partners have a 18% stake. At a 1x she would be getting 100B. At 30x she would be getting 270B. That's a ridiculous amount when the initial offer was 13x. That's a simple bad faith negotiation tactic.

You only start at a unrealistically high level if you're trying to sabatoge the negotiation. She was doing the complete opposite of trying to negotiate her contract. It also doesn't even look like she was fronting the money since in March Bang lent her money to buy her shares. Which is odd since in her press conference she said her and Bang relationship started to sour in 2021. Then after the LSF debut they were no longer in speaking terms. I don't know about you but I would never lend millions of dollars to someone I can't stand.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Lol, that is way higher than the industry standard. You seem to keep forgetting MHJ is the highest paid employee. Nothing about her is the industry standard. No employees aside from CEO or majority partners have a 18% stake. At a 1x she would be getting 100B. At 30x she would be getting 270B. That's a ridiculous amount when the initial offer was 13x. That's a simple bad faith negotiation tactic.

You only start at a unrealistically high level if you're trying to sabatoge the negotiation. She was doing the complete opposite of trying to negotiate her contract. It also doesn't even look like she was fronting the money since in March Bang lent her money to buy her shares. Which is odd since in her press conference she said her and Bang relationship started to sour in 2021. Then after the LSF debut they were no longer in speaking terms. I don't know about you but I would never lend millions of dollars to someone I can't stand.

Salary wouldn't have anything to do with share valuation. So I dunno why you mentioned her being paid the most. Those things don't correlate

You have a source on it being higher than industry standard? Cause it's certainly not in that report you posted.

You tossing these numbers at me isn't proof.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Salary wouldn't have anything to do with share valuation. So I dunno why you mentioned her being paid the most. Those things don't correlate

You have a source on it being higher than industry standard? Cause it's certainly not in that report you posted.

You tossing these numbers at me isn't proof.

I don't know what industry standard is, but just looking at Hybe stock on the public market it has a P/E ratio of 45. And if I was in MHJ shoes, you obviously ask for a lot more, and then they counter etc., so why wouldn't you ask for as much as possible.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I just google Hybe stock on google,
here's a yahoo link https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/352820.KS/key-statistics
I don't know what the 13x and 30x refer to in Ador. is it earnings or some other thing. and obviously I don't expect her to get what's on the open market P/E. but I was just curious what Hybe was trading at if I wanted to buy it on the open market.

Far as I know 13x is the current valuation of her put option for the operating profit of Ador and 30x is what she wanted it increased to due to the noncompete

Oct 25, 2017
Far as I know 13x is the current valuation of her put option for the operating profit of Ador and 30x is what she wanted it increased to due to the noncompete

Non compete are standard contract clause for businesses. It's so you don't buy shares for cheap and immediately sell it for the that price so business have it where you need their permission to sell your shares. A standard contract clause isn't a good enough reason to ask for a 30x jump. 20x would be reasonable.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Non compete are standard contract clause for businesses. It's so you don't buy shares for cheap and immediately sell it for the cheap so business have it where you need their permission to sell your shares. A standard contract clause isn't a good enough reason to ask for a 30x jump. 20x would be reasonable.
You still have not provided me a source on industry standards

Nor any details on what her noncompete looks like.

So I don't want to hear your assessment on the validty or lack there of until you provide em

Oct 25, 2017
You still have not provided me a source on industry standards

Nor any details on what her noncompete looks like.

So I don't want to hear your assessment on the validty or lack there of until you provide em

Then provide the proof for me then. You keep saying no that's not true or no that's a conspiracy but you haven't shown any proof of anything yet. If you don't know anything then just don't say anything. What's the industry standard? Show me.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I don't have the burden of proof.

Do not try and spin this on me. I brought up initially that we have no way of knowing what those figures mean in a broad context without the standards to compare.

YOU RIGHT HERE

said it's way higher than industry standard. Why do I have to prove your argument?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the burden of proof.

Do not try and spin this on me. I broughtnup initially thatbwe have nonway of kmpwingnwhat those figures mean in a broad context without the standards to compare.

YOU RIGHT HERE

said it's way higher than industry standard. Why do I have to prove your argument?

What are you saying up there? So yeah you don't know then. That's what I figured.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I said we don't know what her request for valuation increase means without industry standards to compare it to.

You said her valuation was way higher than industry standard.

I've just been waiting for you to back up your assertion.

Oct 25, 2017
I said we don't know what her request for valuation increase means without industry standards to compare it to.

You said her valuation was way higher than industry standard.

I've just been waiting for you to back up your assertion.

Yet again, if you don't care about my assessment, why would I have to prove anything to you. My post on the stock had nothing to do with you so why do you keep quoting me. If you bothers you so much then actually prove me wrong. What are the standards?

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
God can we stop this infighting about STOCK VALUATION. I've been avoiding the cesspool that is r/kpop already, I don't need this negative energy in here 😮‍💨.

Swear this is turning me off K-Pop and I say this as a fan since SNSD debuted.

ashbash159

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what it is about IVE but it takes me like 3-4 listen if me not really enjoying it that much and then after that I love it and listen to them constantly.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I think the new IVE is great. Haven't been a huge fan of their discography outside of 2-3 tracks, but this new one has zero skips for me. Just a very consistent package of songs. Didn't love Ice Queen at first due to the odd beat/vibe switch, but after listening to it for a while it might be my favorite on the record. Funny how that works.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gave the new IVE mini a listen, and I thought it was pretty good. I was a little worried given the reception it got here plus the title track not being the strongest, but I enjoyed it. Accendio and Ice Queen stood out.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Just getting around to the IVE EP. Out of the 4th gen GGs, from a personal ranking I'd put them with STAYC, NewJeans and aespa as being the most consistent, and they keep delivering here. I'm sure even the songs that didn't click with right away will get better on repeat listens, just like their entire last EP did (except Baddie).

Can really feel the Holy Moly impact throughout Accendio, which I'm all for. Ice Queen is probably my favorite on first listen. See people likening it to Hypnosis, which I totally hear, and which is probably a top 3 IVE song for me, so not surprising that I love it too. Both songs have Lauren Aquilina (who also worked on Eleven) credits on composition as well, so that probably plays a part too.

We even got MBTI talk in the songs now in WOW lol. Second time I think they've inserted that into their music, with Either Way being another one.

Last edited: