Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
I heard that the manga came out of hiatus recently and it gave fans hope that it will be completed.

I think I'll start reading the manga or maybe watch the 2011 anime again. I was about 15 years old when I watched that.
I remember the main events, but it will be interesting to experience Hunter x Hunter again as an adult.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Not too surprising since it won't be published weekly anymore, but WSJ stopped listing the series among the series that are absent (for reference, they listed it in every issue during the 4-year hiatus). I still think it'll be in WSJ, but we'll see.

View: https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1610221853670518784

I heard that the manga came out of hiatus recently and it gave fans hope that it will be completed.

I think I'll start reading the manga or maybe watch the 2011 anime again. I was about 15 years old when I watched that.
I remember the main events, but it will be interesting to experience Hunter x Hunter again as an adult.
As long as you know it's on hiatus again after releasing 10 chapters. :P

And there's hope that the current arc will eventually finish, but the whole series? Very unlikely.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
Not too surprising since it won't be published weekly anymore, but WSJ stopped listing the series among the series that are absent (for reference, they listed it in every issue during the 4-year hiatus). I still think it'll be in WSJ, but we'll see.

As long as you know it's on hiatus again after releasing 10 chapters. :P

And there's hope that the current arc will eventually finish, but the whole series? Very unlikely.

Really? I had heard that the next 30 chapters were finished.
This is very sad. I hope Togashi-san is healthy.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
New PV on the jump channel debuting on the 9th, looks like Hisoka vs Chrollo

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think anyone assumed all that

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Hisoka/Chrollo PV (no, not an OVA :P) to release on Monday. With the 2011 VAs reprising their roles.

www.youtube.com

『HUNTER×HUNTER』ヒソカ × クロロ PV(cv:浪川大輔、宮野真守)【冨樫義博展 -PUZZLE- 大阪・福岡巡回決定】

『HUNTER×HUNTER』ヒソカ×クロロの名言をピックアップしたスペシャルPVを公開!「冨樫義博展 -PUZZLE-」開催を記念した声付きの豪華仕様!是非イヤホンやヘッドフォンでお楽しみください!※本動画はボイスコミック動画ではございません。ご了承ください。『HUNTER×HUNTER』関連の動画はコチラから...

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
One day the HxH anime will return, I promise you... one day.

grand

Oct 25, 2017

Could be moving to Jump Plus which is technically still WSJ. Seems to be where Shueisha prefers to keep its irregular & non-main demographic weekly series

God stop giving me fucking blue balls and animate that shit already.
I'm sure they'd love to but no production committee is going to fund that until the Succession Arc is over and they can get 2+ cours out of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Could be moving to Jump Plus which is technically still WSJ. Seems to be where Shueisha prefers to keep its irregular & non-main demographic weekly series

I'm sure they'd love to but no production committee is going to fund that until the Succession Arc is over and they can get 2+ cours out of it.
i-want-it-now.gif

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I still think it'll stay in WSJ (worth noting the series is still listed on the rensai page), but Jump+ is definitely the next most likely option.

I'm fine with anywhere but Jump SQ.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I could see it getting the Choujin X schedule, which has no schedule, it just randomly shows up on Jump+ whenever the heck the next chapter is ready

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
It was truly sweet while it lasted! 10 beautiful weeks reminding me that this is far and away my favorite manga series. Now One Piece has to hold it down once again lol.

100% the same to me lol
GOAT Togashi comes back, does a GOAT troupe flashback then leaves... now the GOAT Oda has to hold me down yet again for another hiatus time.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It took years, but Togashi finally got me to care about the Troupe a bit, so this batch did its job at least

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully we get an announcement soon, having serious withdrawals

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
25 years!

What year did everyone get into Hunter x Hunter? My memory is hazy, so can't remember if it was Christmas 2007, or 2008. I remember that I was on a Naruto forum when I got the recommendation to check out the 1999 anime and I was hooked immediately. I began collecting the manga volumes a few years later. I remember gushing about the palace invasion of the Chimera Ant arc at this place, too.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
25 years!

What year did everyone get into Hunter x Hunter? My memory is hazy, so can't remember if it was Christmas 2007, or 2008. I remember that I was on a Naruto forum when I got the recommendation to check out the 1999 anime and I was hooked immediately. I began collecting the manga volumes a few years later. I remember gushing about the palace invasion of the Chimera Ant arc at this place, too.

2011 when the anime rebooted for me.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got into it during the 2011 anime, the anime was getting into the climax of the Chimera Ant arc

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
I started in like 05, reading the manga at Barnes and Nobles

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
I started reading the series... well, when the serialization began in Jump, back in 1998. Yeah, I'm an old fart, fuck y'all.
I read the first episode and thought it was okay, but I really liked Level E and was a bit bummed that Togashi's new series was so different ("what is this? his take on Dragon Ball? Dragon Quest? meh"), so I didn't pay much attention to episodes 2 to 4. But I was pleasantly surprised to see the exam was already beginning in episode 5 (I was afraid it would get the characters waaay longer to get there), so I started reading again (and went back to those few episodes I had only skimmed through) and it all finally started to "click" for me.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021
2005 I think. Whenever they finished airing Yu Yu Hakusho on Toonami. I loved YYH, so I figured I'd see what else the creator had made. I watched the 99 anime up to the Greed Island OVAs, then switched to the manga.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I think I was 15-16 when I first experienced Hunter x Hunter through the 1999 anime, so that would be around 2005-2006.

Once I learned that the series was created by the same man who authored YYH, I felt like such a fool for overlooking it for so many years. That damn Volume 1 cover with a cutesy Gon riding a frog delayed my Hunter x Hunter fandom, and really taught me not to judge a book by its color lol.

After I caught up to 99' anime, I read manga scanlations till I reached the Chimera Ant arc. The last thing I recall reading in my teens was the chapter where Ikalgo took on Bloster with the APC. At the time I had no clue why the art had degraded, or what was up with the hiatuses at the time, so I just kinda fell off the series.

I got back into the series in my early 20s when the 2011 series—ironically—just started the Chimera Ant arc. I wasn't aware of the 2011 series whatsoever till that point, but once I was aware I binged through and caught up to the anime in mere days, and fell in love with the property once again. Getting back into the series as an adult cemented it as my favorite anime/manga series of all time.

Also, Hunter x Hunter 2011 and Attack on Titan got me back into anime, at a time where I just read manga mostly. They reignited my passion for the medium, and my interest has remained strong ever since.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
25 years!

2004. Watched the old 99 anime and was reading from there!

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
2020. Tried watching the 2011 anime years before that and again in 2020. Then figured out there was an older version and watched that. Then watched 2011.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Chiropractors can be quacks a lot of the time but this one seems to have a decent following on social media. Still, I hope he gets some relief.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
25 years!

I can't remember when but my niece said to give it a go. I watched it on Netflix while doing the daily dishes and was hooked. Plus also got confused by the huge amount of missing episodes on Netflix and had to hunt the rest down!

Watched it through with my boy now (with some slight edits from me) and he said "dad, this is the coolest I'm so happy" around halfway through. He often talks of what Nen ability he will have.