wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
OK good. Seems like there had been a miscommunication about who got what and we spent most of the day sorting it out. I'm told we should be good at this point.

If there are any further issues, from this point forward, let me know and I will forward them. If it's a structural issue with ad stuff then tell us but if it's an offending ad then please continue to use the format outlined in the OP.
Are you referring to both the permanent footer ad as well as the video ad or just to the video ad? Because the videos are gone, but the footer ads still pop up on every refresh just the same.

thedracocat

Jun 13, 2022
Instead of us telling you what we have, can you tell us what we're SUPPOSED to be seeing, and whether or not there's anything WE can do (Clear?) to manage?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Came here specifically to complain about the bottom bar ads on Android, Chrome. Fucking terrible and makes the site feel bad to use, I've opened the site and immediately closed out and moved on to something else multiple times over the past few days because of it. I would straight up rather abandon this site than deal with that experience.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Had an issue yesterday where I could not use my phone to access here as I was redirected to an obvious phishing site with an "Amazon" winning prize page.

Thought it was my phone at first but when it passed I saw the new ad system... It is quite intrusive vs what we are used to

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
The fixed footer ad is messing with the sites performance causing noticeable lag on scrolls and while typing on my iPhone. Please remove them and just stick two header ads or something.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Had an issue yesterday where I could not use my phone to access here as I was redirected to an obvious phishing site with an "Amazon" winning prize page.

Thought it was my phone at first but when it passed I saw the new ad system... It is quite intrusive vs what we are used to

I had this but because I had not hit "accept" on some authorization somewhere it would just pop up with a message saying I need to accept cookies.

Was coming here to report it/see if others had seen it and I haven't seen it today yet.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I just got the Universal Studios video again, this time on the lower left corner.

Now, as I'm trying to type this, I just got the fake Amazon cookware redirect three times.

Not cool at all. I'm Chrome on Android.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Chrome on Android and I'm also still seeing the fixed footer ad. Always takes a bout a second to pop up and then appears just about every single page load. When the ad finishes, usually another one will load and they can be even taller. Currently seeing one for Dairy Farmers of America. As for my desktop, still not having any problems. Only seeing it on mobile.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can say the same no problem on desktop but on mobile constant Sam's club footer pop up ad.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Here to report that I am still getting the footer ad at the bottom of the page as well every time

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Still have the footer ad, and now I'm getting this Amazon phishing scam redirect. Using Chrome on iOS and it just happened twice in 2 minutes.

Edit: and now I'm getting a pop-up video in the lower left, so the full array of crap.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Already reached out about the footer, going to see what we can do.

As for any redirect ads, please use the form in the OP when reporting them as it will give us more information to work with when trying to chase them down.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I am now also getting a second bigger ad overlayed on top of the footer. Two sticky footer ads on top of eachother. The usability of the site is awful.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Chrome
Desktop
Ads banner at the bottom now cannot be closed, only minimized, least the video player is gone but yeh

Ribs

Dec 10, 2017
The footer ad isn't just permanent and laggy, depending on the ad it also expands to a 1/4 of the screen and/or it turns into a pop up video.

Chrome 120.0
Android 14

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Browser: Chrome 120.0.6099.211
Platform: Android 10; SM-G965W Build/QP1A.190711.020
Offending Ad: https://track.mjtre.shop/dailynews....creen=412-846&info=binom&redirect=topRedirect

Screenshot:
P7fCs6S.jpg

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Chrome on Android - when you click away the big, autoplaying banner ad, a semi-transparent, smaller white banner remains that you then also need to click away.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
PC: Windows 11
Browser: Edge

Bottom banner. No redirects for me, but it pops up in every thread. I did click on it once by mistake, otherwise it is just blindingly bright when in dark mode and browsing at night lol.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
I guess it's not just me, been seeing this annoying popup ads at the bottom of this site for awhile now, thought it's infected or something

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
They're really bad at times. I really wish it went back to the way it was.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
+1 for seeing all the ads and scam being mentioned.

Seems to be back down to the reappearing bottom banner.

Oct 27, 2017
Was gonna come and see if anyone else had a stickied footer ad but i see thats been addressed lol

Still im using a Samsung android with a chrome browser

I guess it's not just me, been seeing this annoying popup ads at the bottom of this site for awhile now, thought it's infected or something

Yeah i thought i picked up a virus from somewhere and it was getting to me

Last edited:

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Same bottom banner ad.

Is this intended? I know Era is owned by Moba Network now and I checked the other sites owned by them and they all have that banner. Is this a permanent thing going forward?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Getting the bottom ads you minimize now

Thank god it just minimizes. In case I want to bring it back up later.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The new ads are absolutely horrendous on android.

Every single time I load a page I have to manually minimise the ad as it takes up far too much screen space and even after minimising it you still have a white strip at the bottom and a big button to maximise it again.

It is seriously off-putting and is making it a very frustrating experience to browse the site now.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I also want to know if the intrusive ads at the bottom is intended. I quit visiting several gaming sites because of their ad placements.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Still have the stupid bottom permanent white bar. It's not even an ad, just white bar that is in the way of using site's fucking UI.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Again, am working on it. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I let ads display bc I understand owning sites is not free. However, I also expect proper ad placement that prioritizes the site's content and experience.

Currently the ads combined with the headers and nav elements make it so I can't see any meaningful content on load while on mobile (just a portion of a the top thread's title). This is a bad UX and I would venture to say that it will negatively impact your page views, ironically one of the important metrics when it comes to ad revenue.

B-Dubs appreciate the updates though, I also understand dealing with vendors can be complicated and annoying.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I spoke to the ad company and they're actively working on fixing it and are trying to track down the Amazon redirect thing as we speak. As always, more information is helpful and will likely speed that up.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
People really threatening to bail on the forum over this? I mean it is annoying as shit, but bail on everything else we get from this community seems a bit overboard (My opinion of course lol).

I see they are working on a fix, but if it stays, maybe it could be a dedicated bottom banner vs an overlay, THAT is the annoying part for me.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
B-Dubs is it helpful to post the redirected link? I'm mostly on mobile and the actual ad link redirects too quickly for me to grab it. Not sure if it helps for me to just post "peacock.com" or whatever the ads ultimately land on