• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RankFTW

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
So I got an email yesterday from Sony saying I had been invited to an exclusive queue to purchase a PS5 console between 8-10am. Had the page open with a timer for ages this morning and when it got to 8am I was placed into a queue. Eventually got in to buy the console at 08:10 and both versions were already sold out. Nice one Sony.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
"How many PS5's did we produce this week?"
- "20 disc versions and 2 digital, sir. If you wait another 4 hours we might have 3 digital versions!"
"Awesome! Send the invites!"

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
It's first-come-first-served. Getting an invite doesn't guarantee you a console. You just need to be quicker next time. I was able to get into queue a minute or so early last time I bought one, so maybe that happened again.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Dang! I must have been really lucky when I got my invite the week before Thanksgiving and was able to purchase a PS5 within 25 mins when the queue first opened for me.