ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
We got the weibo leak for Sakamoto all the way back in 2022, but since then there was nothing, so this just being nonchalantly confirmed like this is honestly kinda funny.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Sakomoto Days? Netflix? 2024? I'm going with "cheap live action adaption" until I see a trailer here. -.-

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Sakomoto Days? Netflix? 2024? I'm going with "cheap live action adaption" until I see a trailer here. -.-
You can't hide a live-action adaptation for that long without having any leaks about it.

Sakamoto Days anime has been rumoured to be in production since 2022. There is some mess going on somewhere, but it's for sure an anime.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Just in time for Fairy Tail 2 BDSM adventures. Mashima is wild in how consistent he is in making long running mediocre ecchi shonen.

I still remember middle school when kids at barnes & noble (not me) would read Rave Master for panty shots.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Just in time for Fairy Tail 2 BDSM adventures. Mashima is wild in how consistent he is in making long running mediocre ecchi shonen.

I still remember middle school when kids at barnes & noble (not me) would read Rave Master for panty shots.
Fairy Tail still continues despite "ending" a few years ago. What impresses me the most about Mashima is that he can draw more than one series at once without pauses and maintaining their (mediocre) quality in the process.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh dang, suppose it's time for me to catch up, then. I can't handle reading Eden's Zero weekly, but it's a decent binge.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Shit on Mashima all you like, he's clearly talented enough to be able to have made 4 different long running series so far with Rave Master, Fairy Tail, Eden's Zero and Dead rock which started in 2023, where a lot of other manga authors get one if they're lucky.

Case in point, Samurai 8 was a disaster and lead to them being assigned back to Naruto forever, and Tite Kubo never left the bleach mines

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Shit on Mashima all you like, he's clearly talented enough to be able to have made 4 different long running series so far with Rave Master, Fairy Tail, Eden's Zero and Dead rock which started in 2023, where a lot of other manga authors get one if they're lucky.

Case in point, Samurai 8 was a disaster and lead to them being assigned back to Naruto forever, and Tite Kubo never left the bleach mines

I feel like in Kubo's case he got out, enjoyed retirement for a bit, then someone asked him if he wanted more money to return to oversee Bleach stuff and he said "sure, why not".

What did he do in the decade between Bleach ending and getting a new anime? The Burn the Witch spinoff? Art for a Sakura Wars game?
I don't remember anything else, though I wasn't paying close attention.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

To be fair Burn The Witch has been a hit for Kubo in it's limited run capacity. Yes, it was revealed to be in the Bleach continuity, but it's so radically different I feel that reveal had little to do with it's success.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Akane-Banashi 110

This is one of the most set up performance in a long while. My expectations are high, so I hope it'll be awesome. Can't wait

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia is probably going to conclude in the next batch. Pretty satisfying chapter.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Blue Box 149

Next week it might finally happen people will learn about the relationship

Mission Yozakura Family 226

I know a bunch of you degenerates who want to get deleted by demon lord Shion. I'd post if it wasn't nsfw.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
My Dress-Up Darling 103
Marin is kind of in a crossroad where she could make some life-disrupting decisions and doesn't want Gojo to be distracted from his passion because it is tied with how long his grandpa is around to see him become a master of his field. That is the main meat of the drama to me. And the girl from Gojo's childhood finally shows up, i don't think she'll be as dramatic to this but someone who Gojo will make peace with after all this time, Marin might have some complicated feelings about it maybe, but i ultimatly think this will just result in some apology. I don't know what certain discussions think forced drama is but this seems like regular high school feelings, and some readers just don't want to care and want to move on to relationship goals without any of the life stuff couple that with waiting a few weeks per chapter.
I tend to peak back whenever enough chapters are around same with Frieren so i can't be the impatient sort, all i hope when i read these stories is that they can land on their feet and continue with a healthy relationship. Marin kinda needs another person to talk to for some advice i say.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Sakamoto Days 166:

Yeah, that's when you bail or give up. That old man is HIM incarnate.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
Sakamoto Days

Just when I thought he couldn't be any cooler, dear lord this manga is the epitome of Rule of Cool

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Sakamoto Days

LMAO that is utter bullshit but fuck it we roll

Undead Unluck

Y'now, an idol arc in Undead Unluck might be the most unsurprising development yet

I hope Unchaste doesn't have the same problem Unburn had for me, which is that they were a nonexistent character in the last loop so it was kinda hard to be invested emotionally

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Sakamoto Days 166
He is him, Takamura casually reattaching his arm is insanity. The fact that it was established way earlier too, I never would've thought about it had they not done that quick flashback lol. Slur in some real trouble

Blue Box 149
Glad I bitched about last week only for Miura to take it exactly where I wanted. Happy to see Chinatsu finally ready to break off her own rule. I guess that guy confessing was finally enough to make her cross fully into 'I'm tired of this shit.'

Kagurabachi 33
Shiba is also him, destroyed 3/4 elites off screen lmao. I'm scared for what's coming with the Datenseki weapon though, I hope Chihiro can get to him before something bad happens. The last panel with Hakuri is awesome, looking forward to him getting revenge on his brother.

Kill Blue 53
The Umbrella reference is spot on lmao this mansion is creepy as hell. Juzo's sneezing problems are definitely going to come into play at some point, I wonder what the fight here is going to be (if any, could be a prank)

Psych House 2
Didn't take too long to hit fan service 🤦‍♂️ I'm curious where this is going to go, will it just be slice of life in this house or is a more ongoing plot going to present itself? I'm sure the next few chapters will be meeting the other two occupants of the house and it starting to feel like home for Kotone

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Sakamoto Days 166
Holy shit, he actually talked. My jaw dropped.

Takamura's swordsmanship is so good that his muscle tissue didn't know it had been cut

Undead Unluck 207
How did I not have Idol Arc on my bingo sheet, it should have been so obvious

I was wondering when we'd get around to Fuuko meeting her parents in this loop. Feels like we're actually starting to near the endgame, but for real this time. Maybe.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Undead Unluck

Y'now, an idol arc in Undead Unluck might be the most unsurprising development yet

I hope Unchaste doesn't have the same problem Unburn had for me, which is that they were a nonexistent character in the last loop so it was kinda hard to be invested emotionally
To be fair, we didn't know Void all that well either and that was a great arc.

Oct 25, 2017
Sakamoto Days The fucking GOAT. I love that the first time we hear the old man speak actual words, its just shit talk.

Kagurabachi Using a kid's eye as an ashtray is a hell of a power move. If there's one thing I wish this manga would do, its maybe show some of these other fights, but I'll be honest, the cut away to everyone and everything being utterly wrecked is effective. Also the fire fist lady is probably one of the coolest ladies added to a jump manga in a hot minute.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Box
Chinatsu just pulled a power move in front of everybody, you love to see it. That guy confessing + the talk about a long distance relationship with the girl who lost the necklace were absolutely the last straws to make her say "fuck this" and just make their relationship public knowledge.

Kagurabachi
Whoa so Shiba is a badass after all, he dusted their "elite forces" off panel like they were nobodies.

Oct 27, 2017
Blue Box
I'm glad Chinatsu actually moved things along. Taiki is such a herb, with it being excused as him just being nice/considerate when really he just doesn't seem to take the initiative

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
There was a new Black Lagoon chapter this past week and it's pretty good. Seems like there's going to be a war between Balalaika and the new Mexican cartel in town. The irony of Hotel Moscow, and the rest of the Roanapur gangs, slowly going legit to make sure they keep bringing in the profits while these new guys are all about the old ways of endless bloodshed and violence is setting this up to be an interesting dynamic. Depending on where this goes, it could be very interesting thematically.

Also, Rock essentially getting an observer's seat on the gangland council is a nice way to advance not only this story arc but his own descent into darkness. The juxtaposition between him getting that seat and Revvy's actions earlier in the chapter paint a pretty clear picture about where this is all going. He's getting stuck in the mud and becoming darker and darker, meanwhile Revvy is slowly climbing out and becoming more cheerful and happy.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Kagurabachi is really building up the hype for Shiba and by extension the war. Very interested to see more and also loved the developments this chapter.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
My Dress-Up Darling 103
Marin is kind of in a crossroad where she could make some life-disrupting decisions and doesn't want Gojo to be distracted from his passion because it is tied with how long his grandpa is around to see him become a master of his field. That is the main meat of the drama to me. And the girl from Gojo's childhood finally shows up, i don't think she'll be as dramatic to this but someone who Gojo will make peace with after all this time, Marin might have some complicated feelings about it maybe, but i ultimatly think this will just result in some apology. I don't know what certain discussions think forced drama is but this seems like regular high school feelings, and some readers just don't want to care and want to move on to relationship goals without any of the life stuff couple that with waiting a few weeks per chapter.
I tend to peak back whenever enough chapters are around same with Frieren so i can't be the impatient sort, all i hope when i read these stories is that they can land on their feet and continue with a healthy relationship. Marin kinda needs another person to talk to for some advice i say.

I just really hope they do it right, create a proper, believable resolution between the two and they grow closer from it.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Kamuy movie just came out on Netflix, hopefully it's at least entertaining.
It was alright. They did a solid job for a live action Japanese production which I usually feel is terrible. They moved up some Sugimoto backstory stuff for drama and I felt like maybe they pushed for romance a bit more but still solid. The casting for the convicts and 7th division were on point. Action was good. CGI animals weren't as bad as I was expecting.

Problem is the lack of actual Ainu actors.

edit: I think the actor cast as Asirpa's uncle is the only Ainu cast member?

Last edited:

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking Psych House so far, it helps fill the Magu-chan-shaped hole in my heart. There's always space in WSJ's lineup for a fantasy comedy that can also get kinda real. Hope the shoplifting discussion on the first chapter hasn't already sealed its fate.

Also decided to catch up on Super Psychic Policeman Chojo and this is actually solid. I enjoy how the entire plot is driven by people finding Chojo annoying.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Dandadan
Goddamn. I expected it to be dark but holy shit. That's the stuff you put a content warning before.