Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Well then! With two large teams working on the games, that makes sense. Weird that Microsoft or 343 wasn't the one to say this.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. Hope everything works out for them.

Well then! With two large teams working on the games, that makes sense. Weird that Microsoft or 343 wasn't the one to say this.

That's because they probably didn't want to pressure their partners into rushing it. Wouldn't help anyone.

Jan 4, 2018
Reach available at E3 and then another Halo every month for the rest of the year would be cool, but I'm expecting Reach sooner than that and for the gaps to be a little longer.

Advance_Alarm

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Will there be one price for the whole collection or Will it be Reach 20$ + Halo 3 20$ etc since they aren't releasing at the same time?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Send 343 more pizza.
But really don't, lol. It's not nice to send pizza to people who don't want anymore pizza.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
thats sooner then i thought.

could set up a h5 port during the summer of next year

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
Throughout the year could mean a year from the day Reach comes out, a year from the announcement...

They were hyping up MCC PC being playable at Outpost Discovery in July. I don't think that means some of the games will be out by then, I think it means, aside from E3, that will be one of the first times it's playable.

I don't want to be a downer, but, Oddball didn't come to Halo 5 for two years, the X patch for MCC took 5 months of Insider testing and they've repeatedly said they're going to take the time to do it right.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Don't think it is, because they said that Reach will be premium priced DLC for MCC owners on Xbox, IIRC.

Ah, I got it for free so I wasn't sure. I'm sure they kept that at a low price because it wasn't really a mainline entry and because of the state of MCC at the time. Yeah, $10-$15 is probably the price range for these games individually.
Send 343 more pizza.
But really don't, lol. It's not nice to send pizza to people who don't want anymore pizza.

No... send Splash Damage Pizza! lol

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 3 PC this fall will be glorious
tenor.gif

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
9679cee456b4fcb7bdcca51dd6398d79.png

Sounds like the goal is 2019, but still a ready when it's ready stance, which is good imo

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
9679cee456b4fcb7bdcca51dd6398d79.png

Sounds like the goal is 2019, but still a ready when it's ready stance, which is good imo

Right (and thanks for grabbing the comment). I hope people are understanding how variable the testing window for things like this can be, just so there aren't unrealistic expectations. This is a big batch of games with a lot of variables.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Right (and thanks for grabbing the comment). I hope people are understanding how variable the testing window for things like this can be, just so there aren't unrealistic expectations. This is a big batch of games with a lot of variables.
We need to leave as good and detailed of feedback as possible, it will only speed up the dev if they know exactly what to look for.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
God damn 343 really need to put out some solid release info.

The last time they where this cagey about the MCC they abandoned it for 3 years.
They want to make sure it's done right, this is an actual "It's done when it's done" So when it meets their quality standards, Reach will be release, followed by the rest of them per how well the testing and quality of the product is. It's the best option to prevent a MCC launch re-cap.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
God damn 343 really need to put out some solid release info.

The whole point is you categorically shouldn't use "solid" release info, which they aren't, because the nature of the project. There's legitimately no harm or down-side to saying they'll release the games as they arrive in a good state, and use the experience from each in the next. These aren't marketing decisions; it's actual testing and feedback rounds.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
If they can get an awesome, complete product out by the end of the year I'm all for it. I just want to get my hands on some Halo PC; the more the merrier.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
All this MCC talk made me start playing it again. My pops plays this non-stop, I beat all the campaigns on mad difficulty's at launch. Played a bunch when it was fixed, then put it back in my backlog. This news made me go back and by god I'm probably one of the biggest halo fans out there, I have literally NO idea why I stopped playing this. There's simply nothing out there like halo. All this hype just makes me wonder how gigantic halo infinite's launch will be with it coming to PC as well. And I'm sure halo MCC good word of mouth would generate some more pc to (next) Xbox users. This'll probably be the only game pass game I'll buy as well tbh.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Uncapped FPS is on this list
It's on the list of goals, to be shared's, and it's in the pipeline's.
The whole point is you categorically shouldn't use "solid" release info, which they aren't, because the nature of the project. There's legitimately no harm or down-side to saying they'll release the games as they arrive in a good state, and use the experience from each in the next. These aren't marketing decisions; it's actual testing and feedback rounds.
They could have given something. A lot of what they're doing gives an impression that they aren't confident in what they're working on despite it apparently being so far in development that beta tests for one or two of the games are practically ready. They could have given info just about Reach, if that's the one with the most progress, and held the caveats for the rest of the games, I don't know.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Something tells me this is a loose outline of the plan. I think it's more likely that they release when they are ready, and not according to a specific schedule.