Feb 19, 2018
The web event having black characters...

image.png
Well, at least Iansan will be playable... eventually:
latest

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
The %10 Walken moon event just started on hoyolab
I guess i will get the 100K mora again.

But i really hope i can win this time.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
fruitful-hook-might-be-his-bis-4-star-v0-dcqrfuxmujpd1.png

The numbers goes up to 32% on R5, that's quite frankly absurd. I think this is a tad better than R5 Serpent Spine at max refinements.

Gaming would want this. Looks tacky though

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland

The numbers goes up to 32% on R5, that's quite frankly absurd. I think this is a tad better than R5 Serpent Spine at max refinements.

Pretty damn good for both Gaming and Diluc. Did the other weapon descriptions leak as well?

I was about to post I had an idle account for somebody 👊

Sweet, many thanks.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
This likely won't happen until the Celestia final chapter. Ei and Yae hinted at something happening like that in that one event in inazuma a few months ago. At least I think that's what is going to happen.

story-spoilers-ei-yae-mikos-voicelines-in-the-upcoming-event-v0-x1wjebo9czvc1.jpg
It will be crazy - though disappointingly predictable - if we have to wait another year or two to have the archons meet up in permanent story content.

It speaks to a larger problem I have with how the game is written and put together.

It feels like storylines are developed in chunks rather than as a cohesive whole. So, archons and more important cast members don't move outside of their region or really interact with other nations. Everything feels isolated and stagnant.

People got excited about a potential return to Dragonspine tease in the latest summer event. The last time we were there?

Nearly three years ago in 2.3.

For a time-limited event…

… which built on top of another timed event from 1.3.

Is this how you tell stories? Story parts distributed years apart, building on top of time-limited content no one can now access.

Even the tease for a continuation is in a time-limited event!

It's just mad to me.

So rather than Raiden turning up for 11 lines in a time-limited music festival to tease an upcoming war with no context, we need permanent content that explores that and weaves it together into a larger plot.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
The dragon art is so cute, and I hadn't realized Citlali's weird looking eyes mean that she's drunk, lol. Or is that just a fan interpretation?

It's fan interpretation but there's proofs backing it. She was in the tavern with a wine mug in front of her.
Adding her weird eyes and blushing cheeks, it's easy to see why people assumed that she was drunk.
9LKzpo2.png
--
Starlight Reverie event was cute. I always look forward to this event everytime the anniversary comes.

・I started Genshin on launch date but rerolled once a few days later.
LwBRLph.png

・The amount of chests I've opened pales in comparion with most people lol. And this number already included Natlan where I explored much more than Fontaine during 4.0.
gfmJtSX.jpeg

・Regarding Abyss stats, I think all-time data was mixed up in this. Zhongli, Kazuha, Ayaka, Shenhe was my most used team during 2.x and 3.x but I remembered using Furina and Navia much more during 4.x.
Ilnttk4.jpeg

・And the most important stats of all, the screenshot stats XD .
Qi5RJQK.jpeg

It seems I used the in-game camera to capture screenshots more compared to the past when I mostly use Windows + Printscr.
AMRoZxG.png

Last edited:

Ohlando

Aug 24, 2024
From the web event, did anyone get any cool / weird / unique characters to show up as their most used for the abyss? Who used the least meta character? Mine were very dull: benny, XL, XQ zzzzzzzzz

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do any of you "Worthy Wolves" got Lrizzley as your top 3.
vnkHXR4.jpeg

Also curious as to who more brain broken than me to get more Mora in the last year.
Really woulda been nice to see the total Mora too. Wonder if I'm close to the billions.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
My entry for the Welkin Moon competion.

1923911018c30-screenshot-Url.jpg

So a little backstory for my Genshin experience. Genshin was always a game I was aware of because of how much the fanart for it blew up. I originally actually tried to get into the game back during the Inazuma archon quest and had downloaded it on my PS4, but I wasn't really feeling that Monstadt Chapter. Fast forward to Holidays 2022. My buddy had been trying to drag me out to anime conventions for about a year and he finally got me to go to Holiday Matsuri, the annual Christmas con, in Orlando that year. During that time, I was kind of blown away with the sheer number of Genshin cosplays. My friend was into Genshin as well, so I figured I'd give the game a second shot.

Had a week off of work for the holidays so I installed Genshin on my laptop. Played through the Monstadt archon quest but again found it really mid. It wasn't until I got to Liyue that I actually got fully sucked in though. It was exploring this specific area where the Adepti live and "Above the Sea of Clouds" started playing in the background that I was really started to love this world.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Since the day you caught Paimon, you have been together for 1,457 days."

american-horror-story-jessica-lange.gif

In happier, less unsettling news, I now have over 70K primos~
And since I also have 66 pink wishes, soon to be 71, and been sitting at 61 pity all year, I'm hoping I can get Xilo without spending a single one of them~

vnkHXR4.jpeg

Also curious as to who more brain broken than me to get more Mora in the last year.
Really woulda been nice to see the total Mora too. Wonder if I'm close to the billions.
Of course! My most frequent chest openers were Wrizzly, Ayato, and Baizhu. Checks out since they almost never leave my party.
My mora for this year was 120 mil and I feel like I do everything...

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
My treasure openers are Arlecchino, Furina and Neuvillette, which tracks.

Abyss is Ganyu, Venti and Zhongli, which is surprising cause I don't really use them in my floor 12 teams, but I guess I use them more often in earlier floors then I thought.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland

Okay I forgot these leaked a while ago and found the other two descriptions:

Screenshot-2024-09-28-111402.png

Screenshot-2024-09-28-111441.png

For the sword, I'm not sure how much that compares to Black Sword (which gives you a 40% buff to your Normal Attacks at full refinement) but at a glance it will be a good 4 star option for Ayato and Clorinde.

For the polearm the only current unit that likes that effect is Cyno. But its worse than Battle of Fjords for him. Guessing this is designed around Iansan's kit since she is meant to be a Polearm user.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
For Xilonen's Freedom Sworn build, is it better to go ER/DEF/DEF or ER/DEF/HB?

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
The anniversary recap reminded me that I hadn't found all Hydroculi, so I went back to Fontaine and cleaned them up with the craftable.
...Almost all the ones I missed were really high up.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My account only 1456 days, cause it's my 7th reroll.
I really shoulda just kept my 1st.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
For Xilonen's Freedom Sworn build, is it better to go ER/DEF/DEF or ER/DEF/HB?

Healing Bonus circlet is a luxury, people only opt for that if they hit the Def cap. ER / DEF / HB is recommended for those who is also getting her signature weapon.

Go with ER / DEF / DEF if you're using Freedom Sworn. Personally I prefer triple Def for futureproofing in case I wanna pull for her C4.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My entry for the Welkin Moon competion.

1923911018c30-screenshot-Url.jpg

So a little backstory for my Genshin experience. Genshin was always a game I was aware of because of how much the fanart for it blew up. I originally actually tried to get into the game back during the Inazuma archon quest and had downloaded it on my PS4, but I wasn't really feeling that Monstadt Chapter. Fast forward to Holidays 2022. My buddy had been trying to drag me out to anime conventions for about a year and he finally got me to go to Holiday Matsuri, the annual Christmas con, in Orlando that year. During that time, I was kind of blown away with the sheer number of Genshin cosplays. My friend was into Genshin as well, so I figured I'd give the game a second shot.

Had a week off of work for the holidays so I installed Genshin on my laptop. Played through the Monstadt archon quest but again found it really mid. It wasn't until I got to Liyue that I actually got fully sucked in though. It was exploring this specific area where the Adepti live and "Above the Sea of Clouds" started playing in the background that I was really started to love this world.

That's a nice story. Do you have to provide one and a photo for that competition? Good luck!
Though, I'm not sure if they're going to like that you called Mondstadt "really mid". XD

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Healing Bonus circlet is a luxury, people only opt for that if they hit the Def cap. ER / DEF / HB is recommended for those who is also getting her signature weapon.

Go with ER / DEF / DEF if you're using Freedom Sworn. Personally I prefer triple Def for futureproofing in case I wanna pull for her C4.

She only has a DEF target to hit if you're using her signature. If you're using any other weapon on a support build it just becomes a matter of balancing her ER needs and her healing. You're generally always going to get the best healing with a HB circlet instead of a DEF% though.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
She only has a DEF target to hit if you're using her signature. If you're using any other weapon on a support build it just becomes a matter of balancing her ER needs and her healing. You're generally always going to get the best healing with a HB circlet instead of a DEF% though.

Oh yeah, that's true. Forgot what I said please!

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
is there any news about genshin on Xbox? we only have that announcement and the store page
kinda want to check the performance there.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
34,000 moras away from crowning Tarzan's skill.

Then it's pages and mora until Kinich goes from 85-90.

Then Gorou and Yunjin get their last 7 artifacts lvl'd to 20 so they can enter "Done" status and gain their "Star Favorite" symbol.

After that it'll be raising my Cryo peeps:

DionaC6: 5 artifacts, raise Icy Paws to lvl 8

ChongyunC6: 80unlocked, 5 artifacts, and Q/E to 8.

FreminetC4: 4 Arts, E/N to from 4 to 8

CharlotteC3: 1 Artifact recently snagged by Yelan, means she needs to level another from scratch… and also E up to 8 from 4.

KaeyaC2: Q7>8 , E6>8

LaylaC4: E8>9, Q6>9

RosariaC6: 1 Artifact from lvl9>20, E6>9

AloyC…: anyway: 3 Arts, Q8>9, E7-9, N7-9, Amos Bow 52>90

That'll happen over the course of the next 2 months leading up to Mabwika.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I like Xilonen's attack string, too bad I'll never see it
Pre-farmed her up, need the boss mats, but that would take 30 mins max.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alright Tyaren what's the plan? How are we forcing Hoyo to add these frames to normal photo mode? :(

New photo event just levels up your game
GYlcIUuXgAAIDGl

Also 61 wishes into banner...

I was going to ask how you even took those photos, then I realized it must be a new mode in an event?
I do wonder if they ever plan to expand their very bare bones existing photo mode. (It is annoying having to put Charlotte in every team that I explore an archon quest or character quest domain with.) I guess if they would put these modes in their regular photo mode, they'd have no modes to turn into events anymore, lol.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
According to the appsample interactive map I've now found every Mondstadt chest/puzzle/etc. Considering I was at 100% with three of the four areas and like 88% with the last I'm surprised how much was left out there. I didn't count primos but I ended up with 300some anemo sigils.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to ask how you even took those photos, then I realized it must be a new mode in an event?
I do wonder if they ever plan to expand their very bare bones existing photo mode. (It is annoying having to put Charlotte in every team that I explore an archon quest or character quest domain with.) I guess if they would put these modes in their regular photo mode, they'd have no modes to turn into events anymore, lol.
I feel like we gotta be very vocal about wanting them to add more stuff to Photo Mode if we ever hope for an improvement. But honestly it might be a lost cause since I don't know how many players actually use that mode lol

Zulith

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
is there a site that keeps up-to-date redemption code lists for GI, HSR & ZZZ? Some of the sites I've been using aren't updating with new codes and I can't keep track of all three threads very well hoping people post each one 🤣

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017

Mine was Wirzzelby, Navia, and Wanderer which is funny since Navia and Wrio are not in my exploration team. Navia is in most of my "stuff needs to die" teams though.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Would love if we could get some developer insights vlogs or something.

Really interested in the design philosophy for Natlan characters. Some of them look like they don't belong in Genshin

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
9 starred Abyss 12 on the accounts of two of my friends. Was pretty fun experimenting with characters I don't have lol

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Awful few days in the artifact mines. Mualani is never going to be ready.

Starlight Reverie reminded me that there's one story quest I haven't done: Emilie's. Is it good? I'm not in the mood for a boring story quest.

Ha! Yeah, I think I'm going to change it again, was getting tired of the Aerith one. Just went to this one until I get another.

Guitar by the window, waiting for Wrizzly to come home. You hear the crunch of stupid boots on the driveway, but it's only the mailman.