• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want a game with gameplay similar to Dark Souls 3, graphical quality of Demon Souls, a dense and deep world like Skyrim, character banter and plot quality similar to Naughty Dog games, loot system and coop like Diablo games with interactivity similar to Breath of the wild. I want it to be set in western fantasy setting inspired by the world of Lord of The Rings. I want you to be able to play the game with friends or strangers with other players dropping in to help or fight you. I want it to feel like a grand RPG adventure that you can explore with your friends with difficult enemies to overcome, interesting characters to meet and mysterious/epic plots to uncover.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Mine is simple...

I want a Metroid games done in a style of FromSoft games. Third person view, with it being dark, mature, atmospheric and having a sense of unease similar to Souls games.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I want a GTA-sized open world game, with the full social stealth & clockwork AI of the recent Hitman games. This is what I briefly hoped Watch Dogs Legion was going to be, but lacked the depth of either contemporary.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
S T A R T R O P I C S
S T A R T R O P I C S
S T A R T R O P I C S
S T A R T R O P I C S

3rd person "shooter" action/adventure/platformer. Nintendo's light-hearted, sci-fi Uncharted.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think we've had a similar thread in the past because I've definitely shared this before but I want Monster Hunter (literally, the gameplay of Monster Hunter, made by Capcom) but with the D&D license.

I literal want to hunt and slay all of the monsters from the AD&D 2nd Edition Monstrous Manual but in Monster Hunter.

Adnd.jpg

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Star Citizen, as it exists in the head of Chris Roberts (and almost certainly will never exist in any real, finished form), is basically my dream game.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I want a cross between Deception and Illbleed with multi-player. It should be similar to Deception in that you can set traps and arrange them to form combos, and it should be similar to Illbleed in that there's some sort of trap-disarming mechanic and multiple health bars to allow for multiple types of deaths.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner using the Yakuza: Like a Dragon engine.

You're a devil busting gumshoe for the Kuzunoha Detective Agency and you've got a sprawling metropolis to protect. It's you, your spell slinging heroine partner, and a slew of demons for recruiting and fusing as you battle your way through mundane urban environments twisted by demonic magic.

Last edited:

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
A perfect hybrid that took all the best aspects of Metroid Prime, Unreal, and Halo 1 would be the best First Person Shooter/Adventure ever made.

(I might just be concepting ideas for such a game to make after my current one.....I'll keep y'all posted!)

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
The licenses, commentary and netcode from FIFA, with pretty much everything else from PES - especially the gameplay.

Dream football game.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Breath of the Wild traversal mechanics and exploration with the dungeons from the older Zelda's
Final Fantasy style job system, story, and OST
Monster Hunter combat

Last edited:

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
An Orge Battle-style game with steampunk-setting and conflct between Magick and Technology a la Arcanum.

Borgus

Apr 14, 2020
Toronto
Give me Breath of the Wild with hookshots, Dark Souls style invasions and give its own version of Gwent but base it off of Monster Train.

I don't think I'd ever need to play another game again.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
A modern online version of the N64 wrestling games set in the 1980s, where after each show you travel between towns in a GTA-style world, doing drugs and getting into trouble.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Metal Gear Solid 5 stealth mechanics + Splinter Cell Blacklist stealth mechanics + GTA5 open world sandbox + Sleeping Dogs melee combat to enhance the MGS5 CQC + Assassins Creed Unity parkour.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
BotW except with Skyward Swords dungeons, Metroid Primes atmosphere (not that the atmosphere was a downside but Primes is even better), Witcher 3 story quality, RDR2 level side missions and Sekiro's battle system.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
RESIDENT EVIL SURVIVE

From The Division:
- Open world Raccoon City w/ different zones and PvPvE zones
- Lots of cosmetic clothing options

From Escape From Tarkov:
- Detailed and extensive looting
- Quest/task system involving familiar characters
- Detailed upgradeable hideout
- Timed excursions out into the city to complete tasks/loot, must make it to an extraction point to return to hideout
- Small permanent container that protects a very limited number of items from being lost upon death

From Resident Evil 2/3 Remake:
- Detailed enemy damage and dismemberment system
- Large detailed interiors
- Puzzle solving
- General gameplay 'feel' (character speed, gunplay, subweapon use, ammo conservation)

From Destiny:
- Questgivers tied to various factions with which you can earn reputation
- Random world events wherein a big BOW like Nemesis gets dropped into a zone

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
An RPG with world design of Xenoblade Chonicles, graphical/animation quality of an Arc Sys fighter, combat of Nier Automata mixed with a little Metal Gear Rising for good measure

Zuko

Aug 11, 2020
Honestly a Shooter with an open world like Far Cry and shooting mechanics like Gears 5. I feel like nobody has been able to have a 3rd person open world shooter with good feeling movement.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
The closest I ever got to my dream game was Scalebound, so I would pick the same concept, but adapt to a vast world to explore and a darker tone, with a traumatized protagonist. The option to have relationships like in Fable and a class system like the job system would be also good.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Resistance universe, enemies, weapons + Fallout RPG

Ratchet universe + Final Fantasy story + Tales battle system

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020
Ratchet and Clank Style Game that takes most of the elements from Up your Arsenal in terms of the weapon progression and the world design of Crack in Time but it combines elements of the Borderlands Weapon Generation but it works like Ratchet and Clank Style Guns and have a open world that operates like Sunset Overdrive.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Storytelling and detailed world of RDR2 with the mechanics and controls of TLoU2

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
A mech game with mechanics like Titanfall (switch between giant mech and human on foot)/story, gameplay and slow pacing like The Last of Us/ open-ish world like The Last of Us combined with Horizon Zero Dawn. Human sized mech suits too. I've only seen mecha used in action games; the closest I've seen to what I want is humans tying bits of robot junk to their heads with strings (in HZD).

Nov 12, 2017
Take the morality system of a Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together and put it into a streamlined SRPG like a Shining Force or FE7-10. You'd do battle -> get story -> go to next story area -> do next battle. The final result would have branching story routes depending on supports and which moral path you pick. The game is pretty feasible to make, but the unique variables would be really hard.

Aug 9, 2018
Xenogears open world retain the isometric perspective. Battles are Front Mission/X-COM-like. Visuals similar to Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Gear design closer to Skells. More in depth customization of Gears.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
The controls, stealth, and equipment design of Metal Gear Solid V + The being hunted part of You Sir, Are Being Hunted + a trap system similar to Tecmo's Deception but based off real life jungle and survival traps + a game with good survival mechanics of eating, drinking clean water, etc. + John Leguizamo.

It would be called The Pest 2.

The multiplayer would consist of a team either boating or flying a helicopter onto an island to hunt "the pest" who has had a head start booby trapping the island. Maybe they've already wiped out a team and have guns? But, whatever you do, don't let him steal your transportation off the island!

My other one would be a medieval fantasy done by Rockstar. But while I think they made strides in RDR2, they would have to improve their melee combat to add depth.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Crusader Kings combined with Mount and Blade...combined with Freespace 2 and Homeworld. My dream game is basically a Dune Inspired sandbox rpg where you're a noble in a feudal galaxy. Functionally an RPG inside of a 4X strategy game.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
When I was about 13, I tried to 'design' (heavy emphasis on the air-quote fingers) my ideal 007 game. It was based on Tomorrow Never Dies which I think had was the most recent James Bond movie at the time.

It had a mountain-rope climbing thing; parachuting; a bike chase with a partner; sequences where you were handcuffed to another player; gunplay of course and lots of stunts.

Years later I can see I basically wanted an Uncharted game.

I don't think Uncharted has done the handcuffed together thing though, they should do that, player character and and NPC stuck linked to each other, fighting over which way to go

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
A final fantasy game with Kingdom Hearts 2 or 3 combat. FFVIIR got 80% of the way there but I want the whole thing.