• Sell some for sure

• Sell ok I guess

• Sell more than we expect

• Sell like gangbusters

• Cyberfrunk 2: The Bulletproof World

Results are only viewable after voting.

beat

Oct 28, 2017
We spend so much time bagging on the design and performance but not enough bagging on the terrible logo.
www.theautopian.com

The Tesla Cybertruck Logo Is A Drippy, Graffiti Mess That Makes No Sense - The Autopian

It’s kind of amazing to realize that we’ve all been collectively talking about the Tesla Cybertruck for over four years now, and it’s still not in regular production yet. It’s impressive that the sharp-angled truck-like thing still manages to get people’s attention, so it’s a success in that...

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
We spend so much time bagging on the design and performance but not enough bagging on the terrible logo.
www.theautopian.com

The Tesla Cybertruck Logo Is A Drippy, Graffiti Mess That Makes No Sense - The Autopian

It’s kind of amazing to realize that we’ve all been collectively talking about the Tesla Cybertruck for over four years now, and it’s still not in regular production yet. It’s impressive that the sharp-angled truck-like thing still manages to get people’s attention, so it’s a success in that...
the new gold standard of "presenting a client with 16 different options and they always pick the worst one"

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
that thing was and is stupid expensive.
I was taking a road trip to Oklahoma City from Dallas a couple weeks ago and saw one when I stopped to charge in OK on the way back.

Was there charging when I arrived. I finished up after around 30min. We weren't in a rush so we stuck around a bit longer, went back to the store to change a diaper, etc.

Apparently those things take an hour to get to 80% on a DC charger. Probably another 30-45min to get to 100% I'm sure. All because the battery is massive just to get a total range 20-100mi more than mine. Mine is an 82kw battery with a 275mi range. Their 170kw battery gets 240ish apparently. The 240kw battery gets it to 380mi. Could probably power 3-4 Bolts instead.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
www.theautopian.com

Cripes. I can't think of anyone with a worse aesthetic sense than Elon Musk.

Mar 7, 2020
USA
www.theautopian.com

ct_logo1.jpg

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
It's one hundred percent just a shittified graffiti ripoff of the Cyberpunk 2077 font:

Compare the particular letters that are found in both, and you will see the similarities. One or two you could handwave as a coincidence, but they're all pretty clearly drawing "inspiration" from it.

cp2077.jpg

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
It's one hundred percent just a shittified graffiti ripoff of the Cyberpunk 2077 font:

Compare the particular letters that are found in both, and you will see the similarities. One or two you could handwave as a coincidence, but they're all pretty clearly drawing "inspiration" from it.

cp2077.jpg
i'm not seeing it. cyber looks completely different, as well as "e" and "u" they're just making letters with as few strokes in straight lines as possible. it's just baby's first graffiti

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
www.theautopian.com

God, everything this man does makes me want to hit him...

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

The T and the second R are the wrong way around.

It only just-about works if the riser of the T and the left side of the R are the same line, and if you do that then the *other* vertical line just to the right is superfluous. It's much more reasonable to see it as the first vertical line being the left side of the R and the second being the riser of the T, which looks very much like the R comes before the T. *technically* you can argue the point a bit because the horizontal bar of the T extends to the left, but that's not where the eye gravitates to on the letter.

One other reading would be to take the first vertical line as the riser of the T and the second being the left side of the R, and that does work for letter ordering, it may be what's intended. But the R reading as the left vertical line being its left side is a better-looking R.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
They really should have swiped gotten inspiration from the Robocop logo.

But with a bunch of fingerprints, dings, and weird misalignments.

Embiid

Banned
Feb 20, 2021
I get the feeling this monstrosity is gonna look a lot better in person than in photos

Oct 27, 2017
This vid compares a bunch (assuming the dimensions haven't changed since).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLvopc9oI4A

So possibly the only good thing about the truck is that it's not as monstrously tall as other modern trucks. You know, Tesla could have actually had a huge hit on their hands if they had made a similar-sized EV truck that looked and behaved normally. Lots of people want trucks but don't want Canyonero-sized monstrosities. Having a smaller EV truck with a 200km+ range for hauling stuff around a city would be fantastic.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Blowing my mind that this thing is almost as long as a Ford F-650 XLT. Very curious about how it stacks up width-wise to other American trucks as that is one of the most frustrating elements of our "massive vehicle" mindset here. Trucks on the roads in my city often exceed the width of the lanes.