Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
I dont remember a manga being adapted at the same time like that

Anime will be starting next sunday (9th July)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm44mpqWFIw&ab_channel=vizmedia

Taken from a post in MAL:

"Last season, Oshi no Ko showed us the horrible reality of the Japanese entertainment industry. This season, Zom 100 shows us the horrible reality of the Japanese workplace. The exploitative nature of companies, sexual harassment in the workplace that women have to deal with and the creative stifling of society."

Live action will be released 3rd August

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKvLB-N2RdA&ab_channel=Netflix

I was already hyped for the anime but wasnt expection the live action to look good but it really does

Last edited:

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, when the title said combo, I was expecting a Roger Rabbit-style combined anime+live action deal. Kept waiting for the dude to get isekaied into 3D or something (although I'd expect the isekai to go the other way, real world to anime).

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, when the title said combo, I was expecting a Roger Rabbit-style combined anime+live action deal. Kept waiting for the dude to get isekaied into 3D or something (although I'd expect the isekai to go the other way, real world to anime).
I thought something similar too and was really interested. Both look decent tho.

OP
OP
Pacote

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Episode 1 of the anime dropped this weekend and it was just one of those PERFECT first episodes

Hooked already!

Also the hype for this appears to be huge

myanimelist.net

Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 1 Discussion

This was...quite interesting at least for an anime with a zombie horror elements. Akira running from those zombies is like trying to find his freedom. Time slowing down during that segment felt like an eternity. Still, I'm impressed how they captured the colorful chereography of this premiere...

40429432-e3bf-4445-bbc7-3cc4306cb880.jpeg

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
It was very colorful and the animation was superb, and I enjoyed the first episode.

Did not know this was also on Netflix. Caught it on Hulu w/ads.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I'm like 5 vols in the manga and color me surprised I didn't know this was getting an anime, that's dope. The series is super fun and I like the main cast, this coming from someone who normally very indifferent to zombie genre.

Also surprised because I did not care for the authors other work Alice in borderland, granted I only saw the live action version and dropped it because it was imo following a very basic survival game playbook with some dumb ass logic to win certain games along with a really basic MC.

OP
OP
Pacote

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
I'm like 5 vols in the manga and color me surprised I didn't know this was getting an anime, that's dope. The series is super fun and I like the main cast, this coming from someone who normally very indifferent to zombie genre.

Also surprised because I did not care for the authors other work Alice in borderland, granted I only saw the live action version and dropped it because it was imo following a very basic survival game playbook with some dumb ass logic to win certain games along with a really basic MC.
I read that the manga starts very strong but gets kind of boring and nonsensical throughout (Zom 100)

Can you confirm?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That was one hell of an opener, could almost work as a short movie on its own.
Gave it a shot only knowing that it had something to do with zombies so was positively surprised how the zombie apocalypse is actually an escape from the office hellhole. I guess it's a little like a light hearted version of "Iam a Hero" (I wonder if that moment of that plane barely missing him was even a nod to Iam a hero)

And outstanding animation to top it off

View: https://twitter.com/DanKantori/status/1678375056160833536?s=20

Last edited:

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I read that the manga starts very strong but gets kind of boring and nonsensical throughout (Zom 100)

Can you confirm?

Looking back on my kindle I actually read up to vol 8 lol, but to answer your question I'd say yeahhhh. I mean the series is very goofy and not as grounded as say walking dead but after the farm arc it does go a bit overboard.

The museum and Hotel arcs around V 7-8 are what I'd call the jumping the shark moments. For me it's the characters that keep me into it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It was very colorful and the animation was superb, and I enjoyed the first episode.

Did not know this was also on Netflix. Caught it on Hulu w/ads.

It's on Hulu, Netflix, and Crunchyroll (the anime at least).

Also the manga is available in the Viz digital subscription (which is different from the Shonen Jump subscription). They have a gap in chapters (39 to 45) but they have a decent amount (first three and latest three chapters are always free to read)

OP
OP
Pacote

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Looking back on my kindle I actually read up to vol 8 lol, but to answer your question I'd say yeahhhh. I mean the series is very goofy and not as grounded as say walking dead but after the farm arc it does go a bit overboard.

The museum and Hotel arcs around V 7-8 are what I'd call the jumping the shark moments. For me it's the characters that keep me into it.
If the char are interesting then I have no problem being silly

jiggyfresh

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 1 of the anime was a phenomenal surprise. Confident direction and great visuals to go with a fun premise. Highly recommend.

Renpatsu

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great first episode that expands upon the manga in all the right ways. I'm curious how they'll choose to adapt the main thrust of the story though as it's closer to a goofy Shaun of the Dead mixed with a travel show.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Part of the OP sounds just like a song by the band The Ark, which is weird and fun.
Pretty boring visuals though and not a fan of when OPs are just mostly scenes taken from the anime itself. Lovely ED though.

Oh and the episode itself was really fun, helps that it's been a long time since I read the first chapters so I don't remember all that much.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I watched oshi no ko and while the beginning was interesting and the industry critic is fine, i quickly lost interest in the characters, story and so on...

I wonder if i'll like this one?

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
Starting up episode 2. Hope this doesn't lose steam from a good first episode.

OP song doesn't work for me, but the visuals are impressive.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
The animation is incredible and colorful.
I didn't expect this.
The vibrant colors just looks so good visually. Don't know how to explain it.

I hope later on story don't go too far with the usual same zombie tropes.

Bengraven