totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
www.nintendo.com

Game & Watch™: The Legend of Zelda™ System – Nintendo Product Details - Nintendo - Official Site

Play three series-defining Legend of Zelda games and more—Game & Watch style!

$49.99 MSRP and Includes:

4 Games
  • Zelda 1
  • Zelda 2
  • Links Awakening (GB)
  • G&W Vermin: Zelda Edition

2 Clocks
  • Zelda 1 Clock
  • Zelda 2 Timer

header

The display doubles as a stand, which was my top desire for the Mario G&W.... really sad that they can't stand next to each other on my desk. Hopefully someone makes a dupe!

packaging

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Dang, while looking for pre-orders for this I realized that the Mario 35th G&W is still pretty well stocked!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This was such a Nintendo announcement. Hate it or love...Nintendo gonna Nintendo.
Look dope though.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I'm so confused why the actual G&W Legend of Zelda game is not included. Maybe because it was originally a dual screen game? Though it was already repurposed into a single screen in G&W Gallery 4.

lRbFRh2zv92-m7m2qBCT-n0o4kEL_dkeiOlLm_86rNpUsqqkGDABzL-KKJBOUXg1PlHC3RL7YlBhv8zl_-qHfP90R2od9g

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
this one looks awesome, though I wish there could have been a way for them to add more buttons and include A Link to the Past as well on it.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's the only bad thing about either of these, that the original SMB game and watch game and now apparently Zelda don't seem to be on these, just old G&W games with Mario or Zelda heads on em.

Wonder if they have plans for more of these based on other games that didn't have G&W equivalents.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Original LoZ is STILL one of my favorite games of all-time, and I still enjoy the SMB unit, so I'll be getting this one too for sure.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It's the most Nintendo thing to not sell me old games on the Switch but to keep selling limited edition $50 versions.
The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link are both on the Switch though through Nintendo Online and you can you can get the remake of Link's Awakening on the Switch as well.

Last edited:

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Dang, while looking for pre-orders for this I realized that the Mario 35th G&W is still pretty well stocked!

Seriously. I bought one for myself and a friend as a present last year, thinking it would be sold out like other similar stuff from Nintendo. Flash forward to the past few months, I've seen stacks of them in Targets and Walmart

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. I bought one for myself and a friend as a present last year, thinking it would be sold out like other similar stuff from Nintendo. Flash forward to the past few months, I've seen stacks of them in Targets and Walmart

To add to this, the Mario 35th G&W is even discounted now. Some places marked them down on sale to $39.99 recently.

Happy it has Link's Awakening, but how did they decide to not but A Link to the Past on it?

Not enough buttons.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
The NES Zeldas are some of my favourite games of all time. I might have to get this.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017

If I'm out at a store, I'll usually still see a bunch of the Mario ones in a case. The Zelda one though feels like it's justified in the price with getting the 4 games in there compared to just SMB1.

Nov 2, 2017

A very rare pre-order from me. I believe I got the Mario G&W day one when I thought they would be in short supply.

Zelda 1, 2 and LA have always been my favorite Link games so this collection is particularly sweet for me (although I'm slowly playing through ALBW and loving it).

I wonder if these will have some sort of resume state or "level select" like Mario (I guess the latter wouldn't apply to Zelda games …).

Last edited:

Acheteedo

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely picking this up, I got the Super Mario Bros one as a gift, and played it more than I thought I would, and I think that game has aged badly. Reckon Zelda has aged better. Still praying for SMB 2 and 3 G&W, both are truly timeless games, imo.

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting that unlike the Mario G&W, this Zelda one is not getting the Disney vault "only available for a limited time" treatment. Anyway, I'm definitely picking this up.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I thought they said this Direct would focus exclusively on software.

This is hardware Nintendo!! Liars.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I missed the pre-order, but considering how easy it was to get the mario one after release, I'll just pick it up later.