Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to participate in this discussion, but I gotta say, I really don't understand why so many people straight-up hate Snyder. Based on what I've read about him, everyone on set really enjoys working with him, and he sounds pretty humble in his interviews as well. He says dumb shit from time to time, but I really don't think it comes from a bad place. He's obviously passionate about this stuff even if he doesn't always hit the mark, and treats the actors with respect and admiration I've not seen from many Hollywood people. I get not liking his work, but the amount of vitriol against him is unwarranted.

For someone who's been reading comics for years now, it really doesn't bother me if someone wants to do a different take on a character. I can dislike something, and not rant about it, for what is now YEARS after release. If you want to explore Superman media that isn't Snyder, there are tons of animated films, on-going comics, and graphic novels that are always available. It's not like Snyder "ruined" Superman forever, Superman is an idea that will keep showing up in different forms, forever, and you can still explore that by different authors, and takes.
I agree with you but I think part of it is that, right now, Snyder's version of Superman is the most recent one and is the default mainstream version of the character and with the Justice League movie will continue to be for some time. At least Batman has a new movie in a different universe set up. This is the film version of Superman for the next couple of years. I've made my peace with it but for people who really want to see their idealized Superman on the screen it's going to be frustrating and they express that frustration in poor ways.

AlanMoore

Feb 22, 2018
I agree with you but I think part of it is that, right now, Snyder's version of Superman is the most recent one and is the default mainstream version of the character and with the Justice League movie will continue to be for some time. At least Batman has a new movie in a different universe set up. This is the film version of Superman for the next couple of years. I've made my peace with it but for people who really want to see their idealized Superman on the screen it's going to be frustrating and they express that frustration in poor ways.
That makes a lot of sense, and I agree with you. Though at the same time, it's pretty sad that there's so much Superman content out there, that no one reads, and comes on forums to complain about a movie that has been out for some time now. Also, wasn't Snyder's plan to eventually make Superman, the classic Superman after a few movies? I'm not 100% sure, but I think that was the case.

It's a shame because I would have at least liked to see that unfold. I'm not sure what WB's plan is with Superman going forward but I don't think Snyder will be involved anyway. It's a mess because there's so much love the character gets from all these writers, and even Snyder, who really does love the character, but reading this thread is depressing because people think that's the only version of Superman left now or something.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I wasn't going to participate in this discussion, but I gotta say, I really don't understand why so many people straight-up hate Snyder. Based on what I've read about him, everyone on set really enjoys working with him, and he sounds pretty humble in his interviews as well. He says dumb shit from time to time, but I really don't think it comes from a bad place. He's obviously passionate about this stuff even if he doesn't always hit the mark, and treats the actors with respect and admiration I've not seen from many Hollywood people. I get not liking his work, but the amount of vitriol against him is unwarranted.

For someone who's been reading comics for years now, it really doesn't bother me if someone wants to do a different take on a character. I can dislike something, and not rant about it, for what is now YEARS after release. If you want to explore Superman media that isn't Snyder, there are tons of animated films, on-going comics, and graphic novels that are always available. It's not like Snyder "ruined" Superman forever, Superman is an idea that will keep showing up in different forms, forever, and you can still explore that by different authors, and takes.

I don't "hate" Snyder, personally, but I kinda get the vitriol coming from people who treat cape comics as their personal bible. My opinion stops at the fact that he makes bad movies, gets a shitton of opportunities in the industry despite his bad movies, and has a habit of sounding like a prick, with such quotes as "I would love the opportunity to just say to the world, and to fandom in general, who these fakers are and what should be done to them, or with them." But mediocre dudes who fail upwards are a dime a dozen in Hollywood, this one just delivered questionable portrayals of cape characters that diehard fans obsess over.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
This might be the hardest concept to grasp in all of Humanity. No pun intended.

I lied. Pun was intended.

20e5d11605d01fccb9cc89b6e3d13c9f15da7c4f.gif
Rack 'em!

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
All this talk of Superman reminds me of when I worked at WB around 2015 (admin, nothing fancy). I didn't detect any plans for Superman in the pipeline. Nevermind movies, not even video games.

I remember when there were rumours of a Superman game swirling on the forums, but I had to bite my tongue. The games in the pipeline I couldn't reveal were Telltale Batman and Suicide Squad. Zero Supes. WB just had no faith in the character at all.

Even Man of Steel's 'sequel' needed WB's perennial savior Batman to help him out! (I was initially surprised WB even greenlit a Superman movie, but then I later learnt they had to because of legal shenanigans, see the movie's Wiki for more info)

The CEO's changed since then, so who knows, maybe there will be a Superman movie this decade, but I'm not hopeful. It's not even down to writers, directors, or producers. It's up to the people high up the food chain at WB, and whether they have the desire for seeing the character on the big screen.

Deleted member 910

Oct 25, 2017
All this talk of Superman reminds me of when I worked at WB around 2015 (admin, nothing fancy). I didn't detect any plans for Superman in the pipeline. Nevermind movies, not even video games.

I remember when there were rumours of a Superman game swirling on the forums, but I had to bite my tongue. The games in the pipeline I couldn't reveal were Telltale Batman and Suicide Squad. Zero Supes. WB just had no faith in the character at all.

Even Man of Steel's 'sequel' needed WB's perennial savior Batman to help him out! (I was initially surprised WB even greenlit a Superman movie, but then I later learnt they had to because of legal shenanigans, see the movie's Wiki for more info)

The CEO's changed since then, so who knows, maybe there will be a Superman movie this decade, but I'm not hopeful. It's not even down to writers, directors, or producers. It's up to the people high up the food chain at WB, and whether they have the desire for seeing the character on the big screen.

They refused a Cavill led Christopher Mcquarrie Superman film.

They hate this character we are well aware.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Here is how bad WB set all of this up. Sean of the RTSC book sent out review copies last month. One went to a rep for HBO Max. He got a mail back thanking him for the info dump as the department wasn´t informed on what they are releasing. WB is so well run right now, you wouldn´t even believe it.
WM knighted 4 #s and there are reddit and YT ads being run since this trailer so it's not all doom and gloom. Zack set up an IGN thing for the end of the month. Trades are now releasing that their previous tone was not the way and the somewhat fractured Snyder Cult is coming together in the most coherent way yet to push and produce this movie in its final 31 days. The art contest is leading to really good results too. A winner should be used as part of the last wave of marketing.
Will there be any legal way to watch this a European day one?
zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com

Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) | DC

In Zack Snyder's Justice League, determined to ensure Superman’s (Henry Cavill) ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) aligns forces with Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the w
Pray that your country is on the list to help out Snyder´s corner of the DCEU when it counts the most. It likely isn´t but more regions are joining TSC in the sun.
WB UK & Ireland might be such a place. Fast enough for release week? We´ll see. Watch the cult make a the best VPNs to use list for all that are left out. Even IGN made an article shilling for VPNs for the Snyder Cut, like for real. Anyway. Not Zack´s fault the release is such a mess. His team did their best.
Leaving HBO Max after just one month for only TSC is very bad btw and will get us defunded quicker than anything even if we lead to a huge sign-up run in mid-March. The upfronts are in May but I am getting ahead of myself... Hold the Max line for at least 3 months fams. There will further be a Blu Ray down the line and UE BvS 4k "Restored" is currently being pressed. Snyder signed off on the cover last week.

Hope you enjoy the ride. If possible to the finish line and even to some side avenues. The trailer hit big the mainstream crowd btw. Snyder´s cinematic Titanic is slowly turning and people are catching on that there was a plan all along that was penned during the post-production work on MoS.

One last thing. Zachary turns 55 on the 1st of March. Social media is going to hear from us on that day. He had a rough going for quite some time for all sorts of reasons. #ThankYouZackSnyder Be there.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Here is how bad WB set all of this up. Sean of the RTSC book sent out review copies last month. One went to a rep for HBO Max. He got a mail back thanking him for the info dump as the department wasn´t informed on what they are releasing. WB is so well run right now, you wouldn´t even believe it.
WM knighted 4 #s and there are reddit and YT ads being run since this trailer so it's not all doom and gloom. Zack set up an IGN thing for the end of the month. Trades are now releasing that their previous tone was not the way and the somewhat fractured Snyder Cult is coming together in the most coherent way yet to push and produce this movie in its final 31 days. The art contest is leading to really good results too. A winner should be used as part of the last wave of marketing.

In Zack Snyder's Justice League, determined to ensure Superman’s (Henry Cavill) ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) aligns forces with Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the w
Pray that your country is on the list to help out Snyder´s corner of the DCEU when it counts the most. It likely isn´t but more regions are joining TSC in the sun.
WB UK & Ireland might be such a place. Fast enough for release week? We´ll see. Watch the cult make a the best VPNs to use list for all that are left out. Even IGN made an article shilling for VPNs for the Snyder Cut, like for real. Anyway. Not Zack´s fault the release is such a mess. His team did their best.
Leaving HBO Max after just one month for only TSC is very bad btw and will get us defunded quicker than anything even if we lead to a huge sign-up run in mid-March. The upfronts are in May but I am getting ahead of myself... Hold the Max line for at least 3 months fams. There will further be a Blu Ray down the line and UE BvS 4k "Restored" is currently being pressed. Snyder signed off on the cover last week.

Hope you enjoy the ride. If possible to the finish line and even to some side avenues. The trailer hit big the mainstream crowd btw. Snyder´s cinematic Titanic is slowly turning and people are catching on that there was a plan all along that was penned during the post-production work on MoS.

One last thing. Zachary turns 55 on the 1st of March. Social media is going to hear from us on that day. He had a rough going for quite some time for all sorts of reasons. #ThankYouZackSnyder Be there.

No idea how much /s is going on in this post but thanks either way :P
Germany is not on that list, so I guess we'll see if my VPN is good for HBO max.

I'm interested in this movie in a way I'm interested in MK11 on the Switch. No matter the outcome, it'll be a fascinating ride.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

Glad to have you back, Zack.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I see some people have said that the Snyder Cut is only on HBO Max for 30 days like Warners 'day & date' theatrical releases, where is this coming from?

I was under the impression that TSC is coming under the 'Max Original' label so it won't be windowed like WW84 or The Little Things.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020

wthayta.gif

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

I dont know what's real any more lol

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who just wants to watch a fun superhero movie? I'm not really sure who Snyder is, though I think he directed 300, which I love. I saw this movie a few years ago when it came out but was not super impressed, but this update makes the story better, I'm all in.

Have you seen Shazam? That's a great film. Feels nice that it's smaller in scale and it is a lot of fun and characters with loads of heart. My only problem with it is tonal shifts as some of the enemies are literally demon monsters who murder people, and there's one scene in particular which is like straight-up horror (although to be fair it is from a horror film director). Without those bits it would have been a fun film to watch with my kids (especially my 8 year old boy), but as it stands we're a good 4 years away from that point.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I see some people have said that the Snyder Cut is only on HBO Max for 30 days like Warners 'day & date' theatrical releases, where is this coming from?

I was under the impression that TSC is coming under the 'Max Original' label so it won't be windowed like WW84 or The Little Things.

Yeah it's a Max Original, so it shouldn't be going anywhere.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I wonder when we'll get a release date for BvS HBO Max edition. Surely not after Justice League.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017

This will forever be such a missed opportunity...
No idea how much /s is going on in this post but thanks either way :P
Germany is not on that list, so I guess we'll see if my VPN is good for HBO max.

I'm interested in this movie in a way I'm interested in MK11 on the Switch. No matter the outcome, it'll be a fascinating ride.
If you find a way for us people in Germany, I'd love to know it! I really wanna watch this ASAP.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Have you seen Shazam? That's a great film. Feels nice that it's smaller in scale and it is a lot of fun and characters with loads of heart. My only problem with it is tonal shifts as some of the enemies are literally demon monsters who murder people, and there's one scene in particular which is like straight-up horror (although to be fair it is from a horror film director). Without those bits it would have been a fun film to watch with my kids (especially my 8 year old boy), but as it stands we're a good 4 years away from that point.
Yes, myself and my kids saw it in the theater and absolutely loved it. We go to all superhero (both Marvel and DC) and Star Wars movies as soon as they come out. Bar none.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
snyder-cut-1-1024x483.png

was turned into this:
inktothepeople.com

ReleaseTheSnyderCut Guy - As Seen on Harley Quinn Show-2

DC Film Fans come together to celebrate fan-art and raise funds for The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention with these very limited products.
Good show. WB has no idea what they let loose. The bell has been rung and cannot be unrung.

Past DC films/shows have convoluted contracts. So they go and come all over the place. The DCU app had that problem too, even with new animated movies, but I can´t see it for TSC. It's a Max Original with a fresh contract and how has a top spot on the app right now. There are mixed messages that the film will also come to a digital store. I send out tweets and emails to get German movie providers interested, even before Zack urged us to do this, and the film is now gaining interest on film sites here. We will see but every email they get can only help. Till then: Keep Calm and Trust in Zack Snyder

This new graph is simplified but has a lot of truth to it:
dwzdyn2uesh61.png

Where is all this footage coming from you might ask? And I don´t just mean how he got to about 214 minutes despite the 2017 film having only 1/4 of Snyder footage in it to keep this simple. He finished his shoot in 2016 and most of his "alternative shoot". So the holy 214 is easy to explain. I mean the jump to over 240 minutes of pure footage. He only shot 5 new minutes after all. Snyder´s new budget blew up to 70+ mil as he got to finish CG heavy sequences that only existed in Pre Viz form, and barely-there either, as WB cut him off in regard to time and budget during production in late (?) 2016. The new Cyborg barrel roll scene that has no connection to the 2017 film is such a sequence. People think that the current trailer is revealing as fuck. They are wrong. There are major portions of this film even the Snyder leaks didn´t touch. I also have an informed guess on the new ending is but the time for leaks is over.

So a 4 hour+ movie. How do you manage to hold that much kino? The film still has clearly signaled act breaks built-in as Snyder always reported so no one has to sit with this movie for over 4 hours. You get clear pause times.

PS: Making VFX for 4:3 is more expensive than making CG for widescreen as you have more of the frame to fill at all times. His comic panel ambitions come at a price. Bleed WB for every penny Zack!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, myself and my kids saw it in the theater and absolutely loved it. We go to all superhero (both Marvel and DC) and Star Wars movies as soon as they come out. Bar none.

It's probably my favourite DC movie. I just think it works so well and the whole cast is excellent. I also think (mild ending spoilers)
the final scene when Superman goes to have lunch with a bullied kid is the best depiction of Superman we've had in decades, even if it only lasts about 1.5 seconds!

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
Personally cant wait, absolutely love the DCEU, I've liked all the films except the Harley Quinn film, but that's more because I dont like the HQ character, never have, all the way back to her introduction in Batman The Animated Series.

I liked what was done with the characters and where their individual character arcs were going until WB fucked around.

I've been waiting for this film for a long time, the trailer didnt have to sell anything to me, I was already hooked.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany

I am willing to admit that DP has the better Cyborg. Snyder´s take is also legit of course. Silas Stone dying soon after Vic becomes a superhero, as seen in the 2020 teaser, is from the Pre-2011 comics. His death in 1981 happened only 7 months after Vic was introduced in 1980. All Post-2011 versions of him live but Zaddy tends to go with the versions of events that were out when he got into DC comics.
dc.fandom.com

New Teen Titans Vol 1 7

"Assault on Titans Tower!": Having successfully aided the people of Azarath in banishing Trigon, the New Teen Titans return to Earth. They have forgiven Raven for her erratic behavior as of late and they are grateful that she has brought them New Teen Titans #7 is an issue of the series New Teen...
Snyder films are this meticulous with DC lore but the Cyborg Snyder used is the N52 one. This is why at least 80% of his body is gone in this film. Something Whedon inconstantly retconned. Vic´s body later somewhat regrows in the comics but you have to start character arcs at the start. That's why he looks like a mid-00s graphics card at this point. And yes. Jim Lee worked on these movies and is still tight with Snyder. More to come there.

It's time Era users outside of the Snyder Dome learned a name. Jerad S. Marantz. He is pushing TSC like a champ:
EuV9qnQXAAMcLMF

X- Men Age of Apocalypse: Apocalypse Concept Art:

He worked on BvS + JL Part 1 and was one of the big 3 concept artists. I broke it all down more than once in the OT and likely elsewhere so on to the important bits. The Batman, Cyborg and New Gods side was mostly on him. The 2017 film tried to play down or delete his designs as much as possible. Not anymore! I don´t even think that this was on Whedon. Let´s just say that Jared´s unrestrained vision for DC can´t be put on kids' merch all that easily and WB wanted the Super Friends on the silver screen. Or something like that. Snyder´s New Gods color pallet further lines up with the original coloring for the Kirby, Byrne and Simonson runs. Even Cosmic Odyssey´s coloring fits when compared to Snyder´s grading. Seek Snyder´s desaturated yellow and you shall find it in those pages. This is either the biggest coincidence ever or not. Snyder is the man who got Lynn Varley to work on the color pallet of his 300 backgrounds and Snyder famously spends quality time with Dave Gibbons during the pre-production and the shoot of Watchmen. Snyder further hired John Cassaday to work on Watchmen and... Zack is this based in his filmmaking. Get the Snyder companion/artbooks you will see. A fucking shame that the artbook for JLA 2017 is such a mess. Can we get a new one DC?
Ok, back on track. The New God designs in the TSC are more complex to decipher, they are more comparable to other DC works than you might think, so let´s instead establish who did what first. Jared is one of the leading comic film artists and worked for DC, Fox, Marvel and Sony. He also does games, like Gear 4. (Snyder is a casual gamer btw.) Jared did all 3 of the evil blue men of comics even if his XA design wasn´t fully used. I like that movie, sue me.
The work order for him was this: First Apocalypse, then the New Gods and then the Black Order + the somewhat redesigned Thanos. Fox won the race to the blue boss man, unless you count Watchmen, but even the MCU managed to beat the DCEU as they are coherently run. Losers always complain about doing their best, while winners go home and fuck the prom queen. Feige won. He let Jared do what WB spend millions to undo. Oh WB. Even I consider the MCU to be the better film universe but don´t count the Snyder Verse out yet. We are a franchise with cult appeal. Booyah!

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
c9xg3gk5puh61.png

Here are the facts: most of the Snyder cut was meant to be seen in 1.33:1 and was mastered in that aspect ratio. However, there are some shots that were mastered in 1.78:1 because they were completed specifically for the theatrical release ratio after Snyder had left. This is one of those shots. It appeared in the comic con trailer and the theatrical release. And rather than go back through the endless library of CG renders to reframe it properly when it was a completed shot, he probably just said, "leave it. It's fine." There's a few others I noticed as well in the trailer - one of which came from the Paradise island invasion where the amazons are playing keep-away with the motherbox. There's also a shot from the Superman/Alfred meeting clip that was released during Justice Com that was cropped too. It's unfortunate, but I think that Snyder probably was willing to sacrifice several dozens of shots that needed to be cropped to meet the 1.33:1 ratio rather than the thousands of shots that would need to be cropped to meet the 1.78:1 ratio.

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I think it's impossible to look at these and think 4:3 somehow can't be a valid artistic choice. Widescreen is flattering for landscapes, but these compositions would not be improved by extra negative space on either side. Even the classic "team standing side by side" hero shot, which has the most acceptable widescreen crop, gains some visual punch by having the angles of the ramp and ceiling visibly converging on the lineup (not unlike how that Endgame shot bandied about in the thread is good because of how its lines in the landscape and sky guide the eye to the "tiny" figure of Cap).

Deleted member 910

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's impossible to look at these and think 4:3 somehow can't be a valid artistic choice. Widescreen is flattering for landscapes, but these compositions would not be improved by extra negative space on either side. Even the classic "team standing side by side" hero shot, which has the most acceptable widescreen crop, gains some visual punch by having the angles of the ramp and ceiling visibly converging on the lineup (not unlike how that Endgame shot bandied about in the thread is good because of how its lines in the landscape and sky guide the eye to the "tiny" figure of Cap).

This existing cut has to be seen in 4/3, there can't be a debate.

The debate is why he did that instead of designing his shots for 16/9 in the first place.

He justified himself saying he wanted characters to look tall and play with the length for perspective, but I feel like most shots would still work by having data on the sides.

For the record, BvS UC is also cropped to all fucks, I'm actually curious to see his 4/3 version coming out at the end of the month.

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For the record, BvS UC is also cropped to all fucks, I'm actually curious to see his 4/3 version coming out at the end of the month.
WHAT I missed this was happening in the avalanche of news and slapfights! I'm curious too.

How does that even work with SFX? I assumed a lot of CGI was rendered for the final frame, that there wouldn't be useful SFX being matted out (and thus they wouldn't be available for a 4:3 remaster). Am I way wrong?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

I wasn't sure whether to interpret their quiet cancelling of the Supergirl movie as a shift to making Superman instead, or just doing nothing with the IP altogether. But it is striking that they have films announced out to 2023 and nothing with Superman on the horizon. A full decade after Man of Steel and not a single solo Superman movie to show for it -- but three starring Harley Quinn!

Deleted member 910

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT I missed this was happening in the avalanche of news and slapfights! I'm curious too.

How does that even work with SFX? I assumed a lot of CGI was rendered for the final frame, that there wouldn't be useful SFX being matted out (and thus they wouldn't be available for a 4:3 remaster). Am I way wrong?

I don't know but he is making a "BvS Remastered" with new tweaks and 4/3.

Based off the UC I believe.

Really curious.

EpD6oIHXUAIvz7m-600x503.jpeg

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
This existing cut has to be seen in 4/3, there can't be a debate.

The debate is why he did that instead of designing his shots for 16/9 in the first place.

He justified himself saying he wanted characters to look tall and play with the length for perspective, but I feel like most shots would still work by having data on the sides.

Yeah these stills just highlight that he composed the film for screens that no one is going to watch this film on. In IMAX screens the detail at the top and bottom of the screen would be beyond your peripheral vision.

Deleted member 910

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah these stills just highlight that he composed the film for screens that no one is going to watch this film on. In IMAX screens the detail at the top and bottom of the screen would be beyond your peripheral vision.

Yes he made a mistake but the point is about "what to do now", and the only option is 4/3.

Not excusing his original mistake. Just that his composition is actually brilliant in most of the shots while the cropping ruins literally all of them.

He did that with BvS as well... I looked at the UC earlier I couldn't believe how bad it looks lol. The 4/3 will be interesting for BvS.

Movie actually looks good but I want a Cyborg origin story so bad

This is it.

His backstory is added in the film.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany

Ask indeed. Write emails, as I did. Kick down every door you can. Talk to people in RL, etc. And publish fan art on Twitter/IG with both tags if you are good at that:
EuJNMPaXYAMnQgz
EuWqc0VVgAAClHZ
EbOqTG_XkAA1Ewq

You will be noticed if the talent is there. I promise you that. Be creative for Zack and the gang.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yes he made a mistake but the point is about "what to do now", and the only option is 4/3.

Not excusing his original mistake. Just that his composition is actually brilliant in most of the shots while the cropping ruins literally all of them.

He did that with BvS as well... I looked at the UC earlier I couldn't believe how bad it looks lol. The 4/3 will be interesting for BvS.
I don't really agree that these are brilliantly composed shots.

Especially the action sequences where they're really incoherently framed and edited, at least as seen in the trailer (and most of his other movies).

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
Can't wait till March. I think when synder gets more creative freedom good things come. WB probably wanted doomsday sooner than he did.

BvS ultimate cut changed my view entirely of the film. I feel like this will be the same with this justice league synder cut.

I love this post. I agree. Im reading Superman Birthright now...it's great.

Last edited:

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In true IMAX it would be beyond your peripheral vision only if you kept your eyes locked on the dead center of the screen. Your gaze will naturally shift if the center of the composition is elsewhere.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
In true IMAX it would be beyond your peripheral vision only if you kept your eyes locked on the dead center of the screen. Your gaze will naturally shift if the center of the composition is elsewhere.
Snyder himself has given examples of shots where key visual information is concurrently at the top and bottom of the screen.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm gonna do a RTTP: BvS UC thread later tonight. I actually rewatched the three hour monstrosity last night, its still bad and suffers from the same criticism the theatrical cut had. However, its is more coherent. The film really tickles my brain because it really is trying to say something, it keeps asking all these important questions. And I sort of missed on prior watches how integral lines are just sort of thrown out when you're not expecting it.

But, it all fails to culminate in a satisfying product.

Deleted member 910

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna do a RTTP: BvS UC thread later tonight. I actually rewatched the three hour monstrosity last night, its still bad and suffers from the same criticism the theatrical cut had. However, its is more coherent. The film really tickles my brain because it really is trying to say something, it keeps asking all these important questions. And I sort of missed on prior watches how integral lines are just sort of thrown out when you're not expecting it.

I am not arguing about your conclusion but I hope you can see what they removed in the TC and how they changed the order of scenes in the TC led to something far worse.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully everybody can start a new petition after this comes out so WB continues the Snyderverse for DC.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Yeah, the UC still has a lot of areas of opportunity but in general it is a more complete movie and plot. I was more satisfying for me nevertheless. I just wish that the DCU were not as rush as it was by when the movie was released (Doomsday/Supes death could be handled in a 3rd or 4th movie)

I hope the JL movie complements those 2 previous movies (MOS and BVC UC) and overall we get a more complete and satisfying story that makes more sense than not.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Hopefully everybody can start a new petition after this comes out so WB continues the Snyderverse for DC.
So we are far ahead of the game. It was the biggest trend on New Year´s Eve after New Year´s Eve but TSC needs all the push it can get. This, The Ayer Cut, etc. All are paused. Every hardcore fan has been on a coordinated 3-month mission since the start of February. The co-called Snyder Mania. What it is, who I am now:
Et957FjXYAou66m

TSC is our one-way ticket And Everybody Knows. If it stalls then all stalls. Wanna "safe" Batfleck, something Snyder himself is pushing. You know what to do.

For real? That's awesome
This is indeed a Cyborg film in disguise. And how! He will get the most character development in the film of the 6 main characters. He arguably also got the darkest arc of all of them but he makes it into the Knightmare timeline. Not all will...