IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
GettyImages-1473601253-1.jpg

Source: THR

Shazam! Fury of the Gods star Zachary Levi appeared to question the rules of the ongoing actors strike at a fan event, describing the inability to talk about his film and TV work as "dumb." On Thursday night, a video started circulating of Levi on stage at what appears to be Manchester Comic-Con, which took place in the U.K. late last month. In the clip, Levi laments that he can't discuss his work on Chuck, Tangled and the Shazam! films although he takes care not to mention those titles directly.

"I'm not allowed to talk about… This is so dumb. I'm not allowed to talk about my previous work," Levi says in the clip. "I'm not allowed to talk about movies that I may be a superhero in. I'm not allowed to talk about TV shows that I may have been a nerd who worked at a Best Buy. I'm not allowed to talk about any animated princess movies that I was fantastic in — as the best prince ever! I'm not allowed to talk about those things."

View: https://twitter.com/PJocky82/status/1687159213397803008?s=20

Weirdly enough though:
In an Instagram post from earlier in July, Levi posted a video in which he made a lengthy and passionately argued defense of both the strike and the reasons for it, and he took particular pains to outline clearly the dangers of AI on the entertainment industry. "[The studio executives] do not care about human life, they don't care about, really, life in general. They care about profits," Levi says in the Instagram clip."
He adds: "It's always profit over people and not the other way around. So mark my words, if we don't do something drastic right now… we're doing something very drastic, and we need to be doing this very drastic thing."

"We need to be striking, we should have done this years ago."

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
You knew that a month ago, so maybe you should've come prepared with something else to talk about?

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Translation: It's all about me!

Man Levi has been nosediving; it's unfortunate that this is guy is yet another voice actor who has first right of refusal if he gets to voice Fynn Ryder (Eugene) again. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also pretty disappointed that Stephen Amell chose not to be in solidarity of the writers and actors that are on the picket line.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Is CHuck cursed? Is the female lead at klan rallies now?

Deleted member 149904

Jun 12, 2023
This guy was the reason I could never enjoy chuck. He just seemed so unlikeable to me.

Then this mofo gets cast as Shazam - what a disaster. Now he's out here showing his true face.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Chicken Run 2 also cursed by this dipshit, just like Mel Gibson in 1. Sucks because Bella is also in it and they're the best.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, guy, I bet some kind of partial strike would be more effective. *eye roll*

Chicken Run 2 also cursed by this dipshit, just like Mel Gibson in 1. Sucks because Bella is also in it and she's the best.
Yeah, I feel bad that Aardman cast him and then he starts proactively, publicly, and consistently being a moron. Like I'm sure he's always been low-key dumb, but he sure has made it his mission to ensure everyone knows now.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Not being able to promote past projects is such a weird hill to die on.

Is he making all his money off chuck panels at conventions or something?

Feb 16, 2022
I get why, but I guess I can see how not being allowed to talk about previous works could feel kinda silly. Still, no need to say it out loud, jeez.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked that an anti-vaxxer is too dumb to understand the point of not promoting projects during an actors strike.

MR2

Apr 14, 2022
How much does promoting a film as a leading actor actually help a film succeed? Because if it does help a non-minuscule amount then I can see lead actors being mad. One bomb or two can significantly reduce their future earnings while a typical strike benefits everyone.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I think in this instance he's fine with the strike, and not fine with the fact he can't talk about existing projects. However. Them's the rules, guy. You wanted a strike, you said so yourself--this is what comes with that. They're not easy, you're right about that.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lol screw him.
Translation: It's all about me!

Man Levi has been nosediving; it's unfortunate that this is guy is yet another voice actor who has first right of refusal if he gets to voice Fynn Ryder (Eugene) again. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also pretty disappointed that Stephen Amell chose not to be in solidarity of the writers and actors that are on the picket line.
Yes, this is a fairly standard clause for most of their TV, Films, and Parks projects. Not all, though, as KH definitely does not have this built into their VO contracts.

Feb 16, 2022
Watching the Twitter video, it seems like he was being kinda tongue-in-cheek about it, bantering with the crowd? Still a bad move that throws the strike under the bus, but it just tells me he's somewhat of a dumbass who's still pro-strike regardless.