Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still hate the weird sickly color scheme of Dark Magician compared to the far better anime look tbh

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
The first Yu-Gi-Oh! game I played was Forbidden Memories with its weird rules, but I have a weird nostalgia about WC 2004 on GBA, I remember buying it 2 times so me and my brother could play together, that game that so good and the music were amazing, played sooo much of it.
Anyway yesterday I finally spend my gems, about 14k of them to make my Heroes deck, mostly elemental and some masked heroes for future gem spending, of course this won't be competitive at all and expect to be crushed again, even after spending precious coins on Maxx C and the likes, but I'll stay on Solo until they finally decide to give us Event duels.
The guys spending 5 minutes each turns soured me on ranked so much lol, it turned into a idle to get some battle pass points.
04 was easily the best game from that time period, I probably played it for well over 500 hours

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy the music is amazing in this game. Props to the composer/s. I wasn't expecting much in that department but HOLY SHIT did they deliver.

Going through the solo stuff right now and the monarch music is just <3. But then when it picks up when the match is almost over, omg.

I haven't been this in love with a Yu-Gi-Oh OST since duelists of the roses. In link evolution I was/am obsessed with battle 3. Perfect energy for a duel

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
are some card effects bugged?
Anything specific you're thinking of? It's common in YGO games for people to think a card effect is bugged when they just misunderstood the card interaction. The concept of "missed timings" is probably the #1 thing people don't know about.

It's a miracle if nobody accidentally breaks the rules in a casual YGO match IRL though, what a complicated game...

Oct 25, 2017
Anything specific you're thinking of? It's common in YGO games for people to think a card effect is bugged when they just misunderstood the card interaction. The concept of "missed timings" is probably the #1 thing people don't know about.

It's a miracle if nobody accidentally breaks the rules in a casual YGO match IRL though, what a complicated game...
Stardust Phantom, it was destroyed by battle three times, never once did it let me summon Stardust Dragon from GY.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Stardust Phantom, it was destroyed by battle three times, never once did it let me summon Stardust Dragon from GY.

Was the Stardust in your GY properly Synchro Summoned before reaching the grave?

At a mechanic level, Extra Deck monsters and Rituals need to be summoned with their mechanic first before being able to be SS by other ways.

So if you got Stardust on the field through, say, "Starlight Road", your Stardust was not properly Synchro Summoned, and thus cannot be special summoned again through other effects

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
That feeling when you overcome a huge ass turn 1 utopia draco future board with a bunch of negates on field and the opponent still has an ash in hand, hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

I still won that duel because the dude let me rock without negating my effects immediatly tho, Noble Knights putting in work here and there.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Well me and a couple of friends are "building decks" to play a mini tournament tomorroww seeing that there is quite the lobby system

Each of us picked a topic, I got magic so being the basic person I am went with Dark Magician/Girl build but... I saw that you mostly build using around Eternal soul but any tips? I played this back in 2005 lol

You are not basic, my friend. You are a person of culture.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I made a Blue-Eyes deck and I'm still getting the hang of it. I feel like I'll lose all the time, but who cares. It's fun! I'll eventually experiment with all the weird fusions and things that are available for that archetype, but it's pretty fun right now.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Had the bright idea to build a Cubic deck, I got stuck so I copied this from the game's subreddit. All I can say is that It really feels like I should have crafted Maxx C rather than try to integrate Eldlich and Cursed Edlands.

edit: typo and I forgot to mention that I don't use the extra deck for anything besides activating pot of extravaganza, there are some rare occasion when I link summon or xyz but barely.

168831592649D4F6292C8DACD80E0B84742F8F5A

Oct 25, 2017
Was the Stardust in your GY properly Synchro Summoned before reaching the grave?

At a mechanic level, Extra Deck monsters and Rituals need to be summoned with their mechanic first before being able to be SS by other ways.

So if you got Stardust on the field through, say, "Starlight Road", your Stardust was not properly Synchro Summoned, and thus cannot be special summoned again through other effects
Yeah, it was special summoned via Starlight Road. How'd you know? lol.

Tororo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my approach with this game (without spending money so far, although I know I'm near the end of the generous gem handouts) has really just been "that card looks/sounds fun, maybe I'll try and create a deck around it." The crafting system and secret pack mechanic are awesome and make that sort of experimentation feel possible.

In Ranked, I only have a goal of getting to Gold, that's it, lol.

On another note, I ended up getting a bunch of Metaphys cards and remember using them for a bit in Duel Links. I imagine they're pretty easy to counter with somebody who knows what they're doing, but I felt disgusting using it in DL, lmao.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a more evil thing to drop on your opponent first turn with no other knowledge?
Watching them take their time thinking with level will be optimal...

Reasoning-SDPL-EN-C-1E.png

Plot twist I run Lightsworns any choice you make helps me!
I always go with Level 12 when someone throws me that. Hit me with your worst

Samalis

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any information of when this will be on mobile? I like playing on my pc but would love to play on tablet in bed at night.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Try this one:
appmedia.jp

【マスターデュエル】ブラックマジシャンデッキのレシピと回し方・対策 | AppMedia

遊戯王マスターデュエルで使用されるブラックマジシャンデッキのレシピです。ブラックマジシャンデッキの最新おすすめ構築を紹介している他、デッキの回し方やデッキの弱点も紹介していますので、マスターデュエルでブラックマジシャンデッキを使用する際の参考にして下さい。

(Tap on a card, the English name is mentioned under the box below the card picture)

This helps a lot! Thank you!

Look for a cards called Magician's Robe, Magician's Rod and Magician's Soul and, And also use these ones:

91EHU-FRAiL._AC_SY741_.jpg

DarkMagicalCircle-LED6-EN-C-1E.png

300px-ApprenticeIllusionMagician-LED6-EN-SR-1E.png

There's also some cool new fusions, like Dark Magician can now fuse with Dark Magician Girl

TheDarkMagicians-LED6-EN-UR-1E.png

The new and old fusions can easily be summoned with "The Eye of Timaeus"

TheEyeofTimaeus-DLCS-EN-UR-1E.png

Plus add the Xyz cards "Ebon Illusion Magician" and "Ebon High Magician"

Oh it seems my logic was not that bad, most of them are being used on my deck. Oddly enough I didn't read Magician Navigation well the first time and it saved me with the Graveyard effect.

The only one pending is... The eye of Timaeus which I'll take a look into.

You are not basic, my friend. You are a person of culture.

LOL, thank you. Suddenly this little snip made me feel I did not make a mistake investing my crystals on this deck for now.

Well the solo stuff did its work with me, I have never heard about the Ruin and Demise archetype and now I'm a fan on the other hand the Megalith archetype made my head hurt lol.

Could you imagine if they get all the archetypes on the solo stuff? I't will be incredible to test them all out.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Well the solo stuff did its work with me, I have never heard about the Ruin and Demise archetype and now I'm a fan on the other hand the Megalith archetype made my head hurt lol.

Could you imagine if they get all the archetypes on the solo stuff? I't will be incredible to test them all out.

I really liked Ruin too but the deck is janky AF.

Rituals are a very poorly designed mechanic, you either make them busted or they get stuck

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know which rulings this game uses yet? Feel like I've missed some interactions that work in tcg

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I havent played YuGiOh for like 15 years and Im almost Plat 1 with a Shiranui deck which I heard is pretty shit lmao but its working just cycling out of my graveyard every turn with a Monster that can reach 6k DP.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Made it to platinum, which I guess isn't that much of an achievement given you don't really lose ranking. And from the 3 matches I've played so far, the jump in the skill of my opponents definitely feels significantly higher here.

One thing I noticed while climbing is that while a lot of people will spend a ton of time comboing and special summoning an entire board filled with cards, the board they make might not actually be all that scary. For example, a lot of the time it won't really have any protection, so a single removal spell/creature will get rid of it. Meanwhile my first plat match was against a well piloted Drytron deck, which has something like 10 negates to protect its board.

So don't get too discouraged by crazy combos, because a lot of the time it's definitely possible to get around them if your deck has the right counters or removals available. Particularly against other beginners who despite running good decks might not necessarily know how to play them well (tbh even in plat I still make a ton of misplays).

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
The ranking system here really reminds me of Pokémon.

Everyone is a winner, no matter what you use it will be possible to reach Platinum rank because you barely suffer from losses.

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone come across a crystal breasts- or timelord secret pack, by any chance? Those are the decks I really like and built physically.

Though I'm glad I get to try out other stuff; I really enjoyed the monarch deck! That's actually why I enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh digitally (link evolution, mostly), because I can try out a bunch of archetypes and don't have to worry about F2P optimization and wasting resources on something I end up disliking. Plus, you know, learning the ins-and-outs of cards and their interactions by breaking down why something doesn't activate/trigger when I feel like it should.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I still don't understand why the game didn't ship with a casual mode, like ofc people are gonna try-hard in ranked mode. The lack of casual mode on launch is really dumb, and it's really hurting the new and casuals right now.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Has anyone come across a crystal breasts- or timelord secret pack, by any chance? Those are the decks I really like and built physically.

Though I'm glad I get to try out other stuff; I really enjoyed the monarch deck! That's actually why I enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh digitally (link evolution, mostly), because I can try out a bunch of archetypes and don't have to worry about F2P optimization and wasting resources on something I end up disliking. Plus, you know, learning the ins-and-outs of cards and their interactions by breaking down why something doesn't activate/trigger when I feel like it should.
You can craft cards to unlock the secret pack to an archetype, if I'm not mistaken.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017

Craft an SR or UR of those cards, and a secret pack for it should unlock

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
roadoftheking.com

Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel Season 1

3 days into the launch of Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel, many players have attained the highest rank, Platinum Tier 1, in the current Season 1. This article will discuss the initial Master Duel metagame based…
Platinum Tier 1 decklists compiled by Road of the King who does analyses on the OCG Meta.

Can't really see the names of the cards so you have to be familiar with them to try to netdeck them.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Welcome to- no rewards for the next 2 months aka we can scoop now and it won't matter

Even for a F2P game, it's kind of hilarious how fast the rewards trickle to nothing. If you look at the missions after a while you're getting like 10 gems per 500 summons or something like that. By the time Swordsoul and the other new popular decks are out, people will be earning like 20 gems a week.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
roadoftheking.com

Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel Season 1

3 days into the launch of Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel, many players have attained the highest rank, Platinum Tier 1, in the current Season 1. This article will discuss the initial Master Duel metagame based…
Platinum Tier 1 decklists compiled by Road of the King who does analyses on the OCG Meta.

Can't really see the names of the cards so you have to be familiar with them to try to netdeck them.
I build my deck for fun mostly and I still find it hilarious that my peanut brain went for Cubics as a first deck :D

DarkJak101

Oct 27, 2017

I came across Topaz and Ruby in the Master Pack and crafted the rest of the cards I needed to build a CB deck

Oct 25, 2017
After fully unlocking the battle pass after 15 hours, I hope that Konami doesn't change the amount of exp you get, this battle pass respects your time.
I love that aspect of it. Gaining two levels per win or even half a level on loss feels awesome. But there should at least be levels after 100 with reduced rewards. Some recurring incentive to keep playing outside of the daily missions

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Even for a F2P game, it's kind of hilarious how fast the rewards trickle to nothing. If you look at the missions after a while you're getting like 10 gems per 500 summons or something like that. By the time Swordsoul and the other new popular decks are out, people will be earning like 20 gems a week.
Current daily missions give you 125 a day, not including ranked rewards.