jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
apparently her audience knew like immediately this was fake cuz she gaslights them all the time?

at least thats what im reading in the comments from the "pregnancy" announcement

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
apparently her audience knew like immediately this was fake cuz she gaslights them all the time?

at least thats what im reading in the comments from the "pregnancy" announcement
She's been actively a part of Best Friends Today until Rooster Teeth died with like no signs of pregnancy.

View: https://youtu.be/WlmfWVpyol8?si=E3Ty03oe_KOzz7uK

I will admit, my first reaction when seeing the original video was, this is probably a bit since she was obviously not pregnant in recent videos on the Best Friends Today channel. However, I kinda incepted myself into accepting it had to be real because:
1. Faking a pregnancy even for a joke seems really bad
2. I don't want to assume someone would just do something that bad without hard evidence
3. Therefore, she must actually be pregnant
which admittedly is half the point of the reveal video.
I'm not absolving her of any of this but a lot of her previous content is edgy so it's kind of on-brand if it was in poor taste lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019

I will admit, my first reaction when seeing the original video was, this is probably a bit since she was obviously not pregnant in recent videos on the Best Friends Today channel. However, I kinda incepted myself into accepting it had to be real because:
1. Faking a pregnancy even for a joke seems really bad
2. I don't want to assume someone would just do something that bad without hard evidence
3. Therefore, she must actually be pregnant
which admittedly is half the point of the reveal video.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly i'm not sure… why i should be upset?

It's truly a victimless crime beyond whatever dorks might have actually given her patreon money.

This is a nothingburger story worded to sound like something you can be outraged(tm) about for people addicted to being outraged.

Ah, i guess that's why this shit's on Era.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Scamming your audience is never a good look. Neither is trying to brush it off as a joke or prank.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Never heard of em, but now I'll just get to block their channel from coming up.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Haha I had been following her stuff and could not take the first video seriously especially when she says she's so young to have a child. It's definitely edgy but I have to commend her dedication to the bit. Almost Andy Kaufman levels.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
How to tank your career trajectory in one easy step!
pwkHM38.png

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is another aspect of Youtuber-life where there are going to be injokes and stuff that are otherwise nonsensical or offensive to a general audience, but they weren't necessarily trying to reach a broader audience in the first place.

Like I had never heard of this person until this thread at least. Her bio seems on brand with how her fans describe her: Three words to describe me: smart, beautiful, talented, and humble.

Also, somehow she has a million subs and only 21 videos over 5 years... I really am out of touch with the kids.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Scamming your audience is never a good look. Neither is trying to brush it off as a joke or prank.
She promoted her patreon after the second video, not with the first video announcing the pregnancy. So I would disagree that this is a scam.

She had not uploaded for an year prior to the pregnancy video for other reasons, so again it's proper commitment to the bit.

Last edited:

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly i'm not sure… why i should be upset?

It's truly a victimless crime beyond whatever dorks might have actually given her patreon money.

This is a nothingburger story worded to sound like something you can be outraged(tm) about for people addicted to being outraged.

Ah, i guess that's why this shit's on Era.
Faking pregnancies as a joke is harmful to people who have difficulty getting pregnant or have suffered a miscarriage.

If this is her shtick, it's not a very good one.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Lady who made a song called "Ants in My Pussy" has a weird sense of humor. Completely shocked.

Seems pretty harmless to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Haha I had been following her stuff and could not take the first video seriously especially when she says she's so young to have a child. It's definitely edgy but I have to commend her dedication to the bit. Almost Andy Kaufman levels.
What's the joke though? that you're an idiot for believing what people say online?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Yeah, you don't treat pregnancy in that fashion. Infertility and miscarriages are struggle for millions of family, so to create something like this is in poor taste

This shit is deeply personal to many.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
This seems to match the style of her comedy and bits but I think a bunch of people will read the title, which is very much worded to create outrage or whatever and not know the style of comedy they do, which her actual fans enjoy.
Now I need to listen to 'its prom' a few times.
"beep beep we're going in a rented mercedes...."

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
From the comments on the first video, her audience knew it was a bit, so I don't see what the big deal is here.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
I always find the best jokes are the ones you need to make a whole video explaining the joke about.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It was obvious from the "announcement" that it was a bit to explain why she's been inactive on her Youtube channel.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is another aspect of Youtuber-life where there are going to be injokes and stuff that are otherwise nonsensical or offensive to a general audience, but they weren't necessarily trying to reach a broader audience in the first place.

Like I had never heard of this person until this thread at least. Her bio seems on brand with how her fans describe her: Three words to describe me: smart, beautiful, talented, and humble.

Also, somehow she has a million subs and only 21 videos over 5 years... I really am out of touch with the kids.

Yeah the issue here is her audience is going to be like "Oh yeah haha funny joke" and then people who've never heard of her before are going to say "Well this is really mean to me, who's never heard of you before". I've seen Caroline before in clips with Best Friends TV on TikTok and yeah this seems on brand.