L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
For example, this young man from EarthBound would certainly be a Psychic type. He's also decidedly normal - like more normal than audiences would be used to - so maybe a Psychic/Normal.

nUKJC04.png

Bonus points if you can think of other things like moves and abilities that they would have. Like, Ness would definitely learn Flash.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
There would be two regional variations of Kratos. A fire/fighting type and an ice/fighting type

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
I guess Heather Mason would be like Dark/Psychic
Heather_Mason.png

I'm thinking Psychic Surge main ability and Hidden Ability
Well Baked body
to reference Alessa and a lot of moves that use or reference weapons, generally a lot of psychic abilities, Psyshock for SURE

Last edited:

KezayJS1

Apr 25, 2021
Samus
Steel and Normal

The Normal Type will change depending on which Poke-Type Icon she's holding. If she has the move, Power Beam, the the equipped icon will change it to a different beam type.

Ice Icon - Ice Beam
Fire Icon - Plasma Beam
Electric Icon - Wave Beam
Dragon Icon - Spazer Beam

And so on and so forth...

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Chie Satonaka from Persona 4.

Fighting/Ice. Moveset would come with attacks like...

Counter - Her persona learns Counter skills, duh.
High Jump Kick - Because she's all about kicking. I suppose this could emulate her Galactic Punt, at least in destructive power.
Double Kick - Basic kick attack.
Hammer Arm - To emulate God's Hand
Swords Dance - Power Charge equivalent.
Focus Energy - Because she has Apt Pupil that raises her crit rate.
Icy Wind - She needs to have at least one Ice attack. Chose a low-damage, special type because her Magic is so low in P4 and she only learns the lowest tier of ice skills.
Ice Beam - Can be learned from the move tutor to mimic the way she learns higher level ice skills in P4G through her social link/bike dates.

Jan 19, 2022

Chie Satonaka from Persona 4.

Fighting/Ice. Moveset would come with attacks like...

Counter - Her persona learns Counter skills, duh.
High Jump Kick - Because she's all about kicking. I suppose this could emulate her Galactic Punt, at least in destructive power.
Double Kick - Basic kick attack.
Hammer Arm - To emulate God's Hand
Swords Dance - Power Charge equivalent.
Focus Energy - Because she has Apt Pupil that raises her crit rate.
Icy Wind - She needs to have at least one Ice attack. Chose a low-damage, special type because her Magic is so low in P4 and she only learns the lowest tier of ice skills.
Ice Beam - Can be learned from the move tutor to mimic the way she learns higher level ice skills in P4G through her social link/bike dates.
Excellent taste. Let's make this thread a Chie appreciation thread.

I also think it would make sense for her to be able to use Dragon-type moves. Dragon Dance makes more sense than Swords Dance to me.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Edelgard (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
Fire -> Fire/Steel type

Even comes with a full evolution line

edelgard_artwork_three_hopes.png

latest

Edit: dang, is Heatran still the only fire/steel pokemon out there? That's wild

Last edited:

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo-Kazooie!

I'd say they'd be Fairy/Flying. Fairy because they're very whimsical and have magical transformations thanks to Mumbo.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Olimar would probably be a normal type, or normal/steel. And he would have some form swapping gimmick based on his held item, which would be a variety of Pikmin. Somewhat similar to Arceus or Silvally, I suppose.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
The Prince of All Cosmos.
Bug (cause he's tiny) Rock (he has a Katamari he rolls)
Defense curl + rollout baybeeeeeeee.

Bonus. His Dynamax would see him stay the same size, but the Katamari becoming enormous, and his Terastallization would turn him into Dark type, and he would have the King's Crown.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Excellent taste. Let's make this thread a Chie appreciation thread.

I also think it would make sense for her to be able to use Dragon-type moves. Dragon Dance makes more sense than Swords Dance to me.
I was thinking about Dragon Dance, but I figured two stages of Attack (Sword's Dance) would make more sense than one stage of both Attack and Speed (Dragon Dance) given Power Charge's effect. Plus Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are able to learn it in Gen 9.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Viewtiful Joe: Fire/Fighting
Sylvia: Electric/Fighting

"Usually found around cinemas, these Pokemon will fiercely defend justice whenever it's needed. They're always posing, and usually gravitate towards Tokusatsu films."

Bonk: Fire/Ground
Zonk: Steel/Flying

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Gregg from Night in the Woods. Normal/Dark. Primarily a normal dude, or trying to be, while also having a penchant for underhandedness. Given the events of the game, it's also very fitting that he'd be particularly effective against ghosts

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
1200px-DiVE_X.png

I'm kind of at a loss as to what typing X would have! His whole thing is his limitless potential owing to his supreme adaptability, and his various special weapons cover the entire typing spectrum. I thought about Steel since he's essentially an android, but that doesn't feel right. So I guess he'd probably be a Normal-type, and perhaps his typing temporarily changes depending on what special moves he uses (Storm Tornado --> Flying, Tri-Thunder --> Electric, Parasitic Bomb --> Bug, etc.)?

He would totally gain Fairy-type upon Mega Evolving or Terastallizing though, as a nod to the Cyber-Elf/digital Jesus form he later takes in the Zero series.

Hidden Ability
Well Baked body
to reference Alessa

This is so messed up and yet so terrifically perfect, 100/10

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
1200px-DiVE_X.png

I'm kind of at a loss as to what typing X would have! His whole thing is his limitless potential owing to his supreme adaptability, and his various special weapons cover the entire typing spectrum. I thought about Steel since he's essentially an android, but that doesn't feel right. So I guess he'd probably be a Normal-type, and perhaps his typing temporarily changes depending on what special moves he uses (Storm Tornado --> Flying, Tri-Thunder --> Electric, Parasitic Bomb --> Bug, etc.)?

He would totally gain Fairy-type upon Mega Evolving or Terastallizing though, as a nod to the Cyber-Elf/digital Jesus form he later takes in the Zero series.

This is so messed up and yet so terrifically perfect, 100/10
Haha thanks!

Do you think X could have an ability like Protean where the type changes upon using a move so he always has STAB? I think that'd fit extremely well

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
James Sunderland from Silent Hill 2 would be a Normal/Dark type.

Silent-Hill-2-james-sunderland.png

Moveset of
Wood Hammer
Body Press
Nasty Plot
Amnesia

Ability: Merciless

Quad fighting weakness, this dude is TOAST

Last edited:

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Snake/Big Boss would probably be a pure Dark or Dark/Fighting type I think

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The character of my avatar... Momiji Inubashiri (100% Female - 0% Male) from Touhou Project.

Normal/Fighting
Ability: Keen Eye / Technician --- Hidden ability: Sharpness
Pokedex entry: White Wolf Tengu Pokemon.

Var1. She guards tengu territory on Youkai Mountain with a watchful eye and repels intruders with ease.
Var2. She's able to see intruders coming from kilometers away with her vision and sense of smell.
Var3. Rumors say that she hates her job and would much rather play daishogi with the kappa than guard the mountain.
Var4. Very loyal to Tenma, she fulfills her duties to the letter with her accute sense of smell and powerful vision.

No evolution.
Catch rate: 10

Base Stats:
HP: 95
Atk. 80
Def. 85
Sp.A 40
Sp.D 85
Spe 115

Total: 495

Moves
1 - Fire Fang
1 - Thunder Fang
1 - Ice Fang
1 - Psychic Fang
1 - Howl (awoo!)
1 - Scratch
1 - Growl (awoo...)
4 - Odor Sleuth
7 - False Swipe
10 - Bite
15 - Roar (angy awoo)
18 - Iron Defense
21 - Slash
24 - Fury Cutter
27 - Moonlight
31 - Double Team
34 - Crunch
37 - Crush Claw
40 - Noble Roar (proud awoo)
46 - Sacred Blade
52 - Detect
52 - Quick Guard
58 - Laser Focus
64 - Smart Strike
70 - Solar Blade
76 - Behemoth Blade
82 - Last-Second Dodge**

TMs (based on SV TM list)
01 - Take Down
04 - Agility
05 - Mud Slap
06 - Scary Face
07 - Protect
08 - Fire Fang
09 - Thunder Fang
10 - Ice Fang
12 - Low Quick
14 - Acrobatics
18 - Thief
25 - Façade
26 - Poison Tail
27 - Aerial Ace
30 - Snarl
31 - Metal Claw
39 - Low Sweep
40 - Air Cutter
53 - Smart Strike
55 - Dig
57 - False Swipe
61 - Shadow Claw
62 - Foul Play
74 - Reflect
78 - Dragon Claw
85 - Rest
87 - Taunt
88 - Swords Dance
103 - Substitute
104 - Iron Defense
105 - X-Scissor
108 - Crunch
127 - Play Rough
130 - Helping Hand
132 - Baton Pass
140 - Nasty Plot
152 - Giga Impact
167 - Close Combat
171 - Tera Blast

** Momiji's signature move. Status move. 60 Base Power. Priority +6. 10 PP. Makes contact. Activates Technician or Sharpness.
At the last second, Momiji sees from afar that the user had readied an attack and, when the opponent finally uses this charging move, Momiji will always dodge its attack and deal counter-attack damage with her sword. If the opponent is not charging a move, this move will fail. In double and triple battles, this move will fail if no opponent readies a charging move against her. If a charge move hits multiple users, the move will fail as well.

Similar in concept to Detect, Protect, King's Shield, etc.

------
How I see her usage.
------
She has an extremely wide movepool by design, a lot around being a white wolf (claws, howls), her original touhou ability (seeing 10000 ri ahead) with one of her ability (Keen Eye), she has a lot of close combat moves (damaging or not) themed along her sword and shield (pun not intended).

Because of her great speed and defenses, she could entirely be used to setup a sweeper in waiting with moves like: Moonlight, Agility, Swords Dance and Baton Pass.

However, her offenses movepool is extremely varied and with Technician and Sharpness as abilities, that 80 Base Attack does not seem quite that low anymore. There's quite the variety of move types as well. So you could have quite the varied moveset for a lot of situation while also being able to setup.

----------

I spent way too much time on this... Like hours.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix Wright is a basic normal type with defensive stats, but he can change his form by using the hold item "Fey magatama" which turns him into a steel/psychic type and swaps his stats to be a special attack glass cannon

I also considered Donkey Kong for the thread but that's basically just Rillaboom

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what his type would be, Psychic/Water? or maybe just pure Psychic. I assume he would be Mr. Mime-esque with high Sp. Defense. His ability would be he takes extra damage from bite type attacks.
latest