dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yearly tradition contiunes :D Reminder, there were probably even more free games but for the most part those that i missed are smaller games or more often than not shovelware. Another reminder that on this list are truly free games that didn't require subscription to get so no Amazon Prime games on the list. And finally before the actual list here are threads for previous years

www.resetera.com

If you are PC gamer in 2019 you could get over 100 games for free

So at the start of 2019 i started sheet for free games that you could get at various places. There were a lot more free games but most of them were lower quality so they are not included on the list. Also it is worth noting that majority of this came from Epic Store and this is not something...
www.resetera.com

There were 130 free games for PC in 2020

So as i made thread last year for 2019 here is another one for 2020. Compared to 2019 there were 16 games more (114 free games in 2019). And again there were more games given away but majority of those not listed were "shovelware". Darksiders January Epic Store Darksiders 2 January...
www.resetera.com

Free PC Games of 2021, All 109 of Them

So now that Epic revealed last free games for this year it is time to take a look once again what was given for free on PC on various PC stores. Again small reminder that this is list of major games that you could get for free, there were more minor games given on PC at various places but i...
www.resetera.com

In 2022 there were 121 free games on PC

This is yearly thread i stared 3 years ago so it is time to sum previous year. Reminder, there were probably even more free games but for the most part those that i missed are smaller games or more often than not shovelware. Another reminder that on this list are truly free games that didn't...

Here comes the list

1​
Kerbal Space ProgramJanuaryEpic Store
2​
Shadow Tactics - Aiko's ChoiceJanuaryEpic Store
3​
First Class TroubleJanuaryEpic Store
4​
Gamedec Definitive EditionJanuaryEpic Store
5​
Divine KnockoutJanuaryEpic Store
6​
Haven ParkJanuaryGOG
7​
Epistory - Typing ChroniclesJanuaryEpic Store
8​
AdiosJanuaryEpic Store
9​
Hell is OthersJanuaryEpic Store
10​
Dishonored: Death of the OutsiderFebruaryEpic Store
11​
City of GangstersFebruaryEpic Store
12​
Recipe For DisasterFebruaryEpic Store
13​
WarpipsFebruaryEpic Store
14​
DuskersFebruaryEpic Store
15​
Rise of IndustryMarchEpic Store
16​
FigmentMarchSteam
17​
Call of the SeaMarchEpic Store
18​
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of WarMarchEpic Store
19​
LorelaiMarchGOG
20​
Chess UltraMarchEpic Store
21​
Neurodeck: Psychological DeckbuilderMarchGOG
22​
Deep Sky DerelictsMarchGOG
23​
The Silent AgeMarchEpic Store
24​
TuncheMarchEpic Store
25​
Dying Light: Enhanced EditionAprilEpic Store
26​
shapezAprilEpic Store
27​
Battlestar Galactica DeadlockAprilSteam
28​
Peaky Blinders: MastermindAprilFanatical/Steam
29​
MordhauAprilEpic Store
30​
Second ExtinctionAprilEpic Store
31​
Under The MoonAprilGOG
32​
BreathedgeAprilEpic Store
33​
Poker ClubAprilEpic Store
34​
Horizon Chase TurboMayEpic Store
35​
Against All OddsMayEpic Store
36​
Kao the KangarooMayEpic Store
37​
Metro: Last Light's Complete EditionMaySteam
38​
Death StrandingMayEpic Store
39​
Fallout: New VegasMayEpic Store
40​
HueMaySteam
41​
Get Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of WarMaySteam
42​
Midnight Ghost HuntJuneEpic Store
43​
Tell Me WhyJuneSteam
44​
Amnesia: A Machine For PigsJuneGOG
45​
Payday 2JuneEpic Store
46​
SunblazeJuneGOG
47​
Crusader Kings IIJuneGOG
48​
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship EditionJuneEpic Store
49​
Guacamelee! 2JuneEpic Store
50​
Sigma Theory: Global Cold WarJuneGOG
51​
Eschalon: Book IIJuneGOG
52​
Hell DivisionJuneGOG
53​
theHunter: Call of the Wild™JuneEpic Store
54​
Idle Champions of the Forgotten RealmsJuneEpic Store
55​
Beholder 2JuneGOG
56​
The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of ChaosJuneEpic Store
57​
GRIMEJulyEpic Store
58​
BetrayerJulyGOG
59​
Train Valley 2JulyEpic Store
60​
The WhispererJulyGOG
61​
Murder by NumbersJulyEpic Store
62​
The Elder Scrolls OnlineJulyEpic Store
63​
Homeworld Remastered CollectionJulyEpic Store
64​
Severed SteelJulyEpic Store
65​
Bloons TD 6AugustEpic Store
66​
Loop HeroAugustEpic Store
67​
Europa Universalis IVAugustEpic Store
68​
Orwell: Keeping an Eye on YouAugustEpic Store
69​
Black BookAugustEpic Store
70​
Dodo PeakAugustEpic Store
71​
Homeworld: Deserts of KharakAugustEpic Store
72​
SpelldrifterSeptemberEpic Store
73​
Requiem: Avenging AngelSeptemberGOG
74​
911 OperatorSeptemberEpic Store
75​
We Were Here Expeditions: The FriendShipSeptemberSteam
76​
Out of LineSeptemberEpic Store
77​
The Forest QuartetSeptemberEpic Store
78​
The Night of the RabbitSeptemberGOG
79​
Model BuilderSeptemberEpic Store
80​
SoulsticeSeptemberEpic Store
81​
TrüberbrookSeptemberGOG
82​
Godlike BurgerOctoberGOG
83​
Q.U.B.E. ULTIMATE BUNDLEOctoberEpic Store
84​
Blazing SailsOctoberEpic Store
85​
Eternal ThreadsOctoberEpic Store
86​
The Evil WithinOctoberEpic Store
87​
Tandem: a Tale of ShadowsOctoberEpic Store
88​
The Evil Within 2OctoberEpic Store
89​
Blacksad: Under the SkinOctoberGOG
90​
Turnip Boy Commits Tax EvasionNovemberEpic Store
91​
Golden LightNovemberEpic Store
92​
Half-LifeNovemberSteam
93​
EarthlockNovemberEpic Store
94​
Surviving the AftermathNovemberEpic Store
95​
Styx: Shards of DarknessNovemberGOG
96​
Deliver Us MarsNovemberEpic Store
97​
Assassin's Creed SyndicateNovemberUbisoft Connect
98​
Jitsu SquadNovemberEpic Store
99​
Mighty Fight FederationNovemberEpic Store
100​
GigaBashDecemberEpic Store
101​
PredecessorDecemberEpic Store
102​
Destiny 2 Legacy CollectionDecemberEpic Store
103​
Lost RuinsDecemberGOG
104​
DNF DuelDecemberEpic Store
105​
Melvor IdleDecemberEpic Store
106​
Art of RallyDecemberEpic Store
107​
CaveblazersDecemberGOG
108​
Fallout 3: Game of the Year EditionDecemberEpic Store
109​
Ghostwire: TokyoDecemberEpic Store
110​
The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice EditionDecemberEpic Store
111​
Lacuna – A Sci-Fi Noir AdventureDecemberGOG
112​
Human Resource MachineDecemberEpic Store
113​
Cursed to GolfDecemberEpic Store
114​
Cat QuestDecemberEpic Store
115​
South of the CircleDecemberGOG
116​
Snakebird CompleteDecemberEpic Store
117​
Saints RowDecemberEpic Store
118​
GhostrunnerDecemberEpic Store

Epic Store gave away 84 games
GOG gave 24
Devs/Publishers gave 8 games on Steam (and one on Fanatical that activates on Steam)
And Ubisoft gave 1 game.

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Wow this might be the first year I've claimed every single one.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
like half of my pc libary i got for free lmao

i was thinking the other day how the only bethseda game ive paid for is doom 2016. also game pass makes it even more crazy.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Kinda crazy to think about how many games are given out for free these days. You could actually never pay for a game and still have a pretty impressive collection of titles!

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I've got most of them (Either pre or mostly during the freebies) and Warpips feels wrong but it's the only one I had fun with; made for a very good Sunday hangover sesh. (Yet to play Ghostrunner).

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Basically missed all the GOG stuff cause I don't check that free to keep thread. Guess I can add that to my new year resolution.

Indeed that's what "free" meant before PS Plus was invented.
Mind boggling that so many people put up with that in the first place but then again feels par for gaming on console.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gaming is extremely accessible these days at least from a cost standpoint. Even if you have a small to no budget at all for gaming you can still find some high quality stuff to play out there.

Retsudo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
If someone figures out how to get free time to play everything, that would be great.

Looking at that list, i think i got almost everything. Praise be to the threads here in resetera for keeping track.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
www.resetera.com

Epic Games says it will continue to giveaway free games from 2023 forward plus improvements to the store and more at Unreal Fest 2023

the quotes i got from steamdeals the images are my own. i didnt watch the video just skimmed around around slides a bit. https://youtu.be/7GaWQ-KBxa8
what you think theyre going to say their commitment is wavering at their own event?

ill believe them here as much as i did when they said they wouldnt have sales, they would only accept the highest quality games, the cut is enough to run a store on with all the same features, or that the savings would be passed the consumer

the head of the store left, their features are coming slower and slower (if at all), we know their internal timeframes for what this was going to look like, and major companies dont even bother putting their games on there anymore

shes winding down. hopefully people got lots of free games and devs got lots of free money because the gravy train is ending

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine buying games on PC when they give out so much stuff for free

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be clear that this is a great list and you did good work on this before I continue my post. This is not so much a complaining post as much as pointing out there was even more.

I know fanatical gave out more than one game, I got at least 5 for free from them this year if not 10. Also the list is missing games given out for free on itch.io (and I'm not talking about ones that are in general free)

some that I can quickly find that you didn't list https://slickdeals.net/f/17175046-u...subscribe-to-email-newsletter-link-steam-acct
slickdeals.net

Desolate (PC/Steam Digital Download) Free w/ Newsletter Signup for Unlimited Steam Accounts

Fanatical is offering Desolate (PC Digital Download) for Free w/ Newsletter Signup for Unlimited Steam Accounts. Thanks to Community Member WooHoo2You for finding this deal. Offer Notes:Click bo ...
slickdeals.net

12 is Better Than 6 (PC/Steam Digital Download) Free w/ Newsletter Signup for Unlimited Steam Accounts

Fanatical is offering 12 is Better Than 6 (PC Digital Download) for Free w/ Newsletter Signup for Unlimited Steam Accounts. Thanks to Deal Editor Discombobulated for finding this deal. Offer Not ...
slickdeals.net

Crumble (PC/Steam Digital Download) Free w/ Newsletter Signup for Unlimited Steam Accounts

Fanatical offers Crumble (PC Digital Download) for Free w/ Newsletter Signup for Unlimited Steam Accounts. Thanks to Deal Editor Discombobulated for finding this deal. Offer Notes:Click box to a ...
slickdeals.net

Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign (PC Digital Download) Free w/ Newsletter Signup for Unlimited Steam Accounts

Fanatical offers Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign (PC Digital Download) for Free w/ Newsletter Signup for Unlimited Steam Accounts. Thanks to Deal Editor Discombobulated for finding this deal. ...
slickdeals.net

Chenso Club (PC Digital Steam Key) Free w/ Newsletter Signup + Link Steam Acct w/ $5+ Purchase

Fanatical is offering Chenso Club (PC Digital Steam Key) for Free when you checkmark on the 'Please subscribe me to Fanatical's Email Newsletter' and click on the 'Add to cart button' and checkout. ...
slickdeals.net

Leisure Suit Larry Retro Bundle (PC Digital Steam Key) Free w/ Newsletter Signup + Link Steam Acct w/ $5+ Purchase

Fanatical is offering Leisure Suit Larry Retro Bundle (PC Digital Steam Key) for Free when you checkmark on the 'Please subscribe me to Fanatical's Email Newsletter' and click on the 'Add to cart butt ...

like the new mobile suit baba was free at launch for a short time on itchi.io but is now $4 https://hempuli.itch.io/mobile-suit-baba

indie gala also gave away a few free steam codes this year too.

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023
Pretty much why I don't see the point in getting PC Game Pass. Humble Choice + other bundles + this give me everything and more except for Microsoft's day 1 AAAs which have been a bit hit or miss for me this year.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much why I don't see the point in getting PC Game Pass. Humble Choice + other bundles + this give me everything and more except for Microsoft's day 1 AAAs which have been a bit hit or miss for me this year.
There is a ton of great gaming on PC available that way. That being said PC game pass does sometimes get other games of interest that don't end up in bundles for a while which can be worth it to dip into. But if all you want is something to have fun with there is plenty to do for free.

Epic's game giveaways alone have been great for a number of people on a budget as they get a number of a quality games there.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Imagine buying games on PC when they give out so much stuff for free
Unfortunately I like Japanese RPGs. :(

Honestly I don't even really need the Japanese distinction. EGS barely gives out any RPGs in general, and when they do they're usually fairly old.

Thalanil

Fallen Guardian
Aug 24, 2023
I really need to follow thread like these in the future, I lost out on potentially so many free games. I should really make an Epic Account.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
I almost hope Epic stops giving away games so I don't have to second guess whether a discounted game will soon be given away instead.

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023
There is a ton of great gaming on PC available that way. That being said PC game pass does sometimes get other games of interest that don't end up in bundles for a while which can be worth it to dip into. But if all you want is something to have fun with there is plenty to do for free.

Epic's game giveaways alone have been great for a number of people on a budget as they get a number of a quality games there.

Yeah, I guess that's true but in neither case you're really choosing what games you get to play unless you have a lot of affinity with Microsoft exclusives (which are quite varied tbh despite the few dissapoinrtments I ve had lately) Best case scenario is if you're an all fresh gamer coz the Game Pass catalog is huge. In my case, with over 1000 Steam games including most of what is in Game Pass and little time to play new releases I'd really be wasting my money.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I guess that's true but in neither case you're really choosing what games you get to play unless you have a lot of affinity with Microsoft exclusives (which are quite varied tbh despite the few dissapoinrtments I ve had lately) Best case scenario is if you're an all fresh gamer coz the Game Pass catalog is huge. In my case, with over 1000 Steam games including most of what is in Game Pass and little time to play new releases I'd really be wasting my money.
I actually have very little affinity with microsoft exclusives. I do however have a lot of affinity with various indie games in general and game pass in general gets a decent number of notable indie games day 1.

I don't disagree that in general someone with a nice backlog should likely stay off gamepass for the most part. But if there is something that interests you, it's not the worst idea to jump on it from time to time to play the new shiny.

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Btw Divine Knockout was also free on steam. That's how I got a copy, such a fun game but never really grew it's audience and has effectively been abandoned.
gg.deals

FREE Divine Knockout (DKO) on Steam

You can add the newly released title to your Steam library and keep it forever!

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
GoG gave out free games? I'd love to play South of the Circle and Lacuna. Damn I need to pay more attention to GoG news.

DuckSauce