• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
i beat kiwami today :) just in time, going from 0 than kiwami right after was really good.
rp7vi6ubmjr01.jpg
am i the only one who likes the haruka chapters in 5 lol?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Since the game's so close to release, I'll post it again. Find a link enclosed to the Yakuza-ERA discord. While we'll of course have the OT/this thread too, you can use the discord to talk about or ask questions regarding the game too!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This might be a minor detail, but does anyone know at what resolution Virtua Fighter 5: FS runs in Yakuza 6?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I made a vow to avoid talking about Y6's quality as an entry point or the order in which these should be played at all cost, for ar least a week.
Nope, I did too. ..how is 6 an entry point, lol. That's crazy.

The OT timeline is 24 hours before still, I think?
Do you have those graphics ready for the OT? Because if not then I can help.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all, I was going to start tonight. PrinceOfWhatever was kind enough to let me use his Kiwami assets, that's all I've got as a base.
If you want help or just a sample just shoot me a PM with assets and instructions or contact me via discord (I'm in the SMT one). I'd love to be of help to the Yakuza community here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
If you want help or just a sample just shoot me a PM with assets and instructions or contact me via discord (I'm in the SMT one). I'd love to be of help to the Yakuza community here.
Honestly I was probably going screenshot hunting, or just use assets from the official site. I wish I could do fancy gifs like I did for 5 and 0, but I don't have an awesome install graphic to work from. (Or an OP at all really, 6 has none.)

YakuzaArk92

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Member has been permanently banned: keeps derailing threads with self-promotion despite having been explicitly warned multiple times about it. No interest in actually engaging with our community.

Last edited by a moderator:

SolidSmiech

Feb 3, 2018

OH MY GOD.

That's... Rad!! I mean, I was hoping there was a chance of something like this after Yakuza winning that poll, but to get this dropped so quickly... Clearly they already had this planned and worked out long ago regardless of the poll results. Still, seeing the P5 crew dressed up as some of my favorite characters just blows my mind.

This game is certainly gonna come west, and this DLC better make it, too!

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Just to be clear: while we have nothing against community members plugging their own content in community threads from time to time, the member above was not only extremely blatant about it but has been informed several times to not go on self-promo sprees in various threads. There doesn't seem to have been a big interest in engaging with this community either aside from looking at it as a way to get more views on videos

I hope this explains things well enough and that this comm-- *gets kicked in the face*

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Question: Are trophies whose requirements are met in the Yakuza 6 demo retroactive and unlock automatically in the full game or not? Ie the one where you make a shopkeeper angry (I think that's a trophy)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Question: Are trophies whose requirements are met in the Yakuza 6 demo retroactive and unlock automatically in the full game or not? Ie the one where you make a shopkeeper angry (I think that's a trophy)

I believe they should retroactively unlock once you upgrade to the full game. I believe this is how it worked in the Japanese version (I saw people mention that they got several trophies unlocked all at once when they moved onto the full digital release from the demo).

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
My copy of 6 came yesterday and I'm loving it! The new combat, seamless transitions, the award system, voiced substories...

It's nice to have an entry in the series that feels so different after all this time. It's still good old Yakuza though, thankfully.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
The member in question has threads on GAF and GFAQs that consist entirely of self-promoting posts, with a presence on Reddit as well. I too respect his efforts and content, but it's clear no matter the site, he seldom engages with the community in any real way.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The member in question has threads on GAF and GFAQs that consist entirely of self-promoting posts, with a presence on Reddit as well. I too respect his efforts and content, but it's clear no matter the site, he seldom engages with the community in any real way.
Playstation Trophy sites and Discord as well. I like the guys content but I did take offence to the spoilers in his vids/descriptions - it wasn't too bad in Kiwami 2 (for me) since I knew the story from way back, but for a brand new game like Hokuto? Had to block him before he ruined the story for me. Also, the large posts would often drowns out conversation in threads which was a tad annoying.

My copy of 6 came yesterday and I'm loving it! The new combat, seamless transitions, the award system, voiced substories...

It's nice to have an entry in the series that feels so different after all this time. It's still good old Yakuza though, thankfully.
Nice to hear your enjoying it :) Can't wait to hear what you think of the story and side stories in 6, in both instances its pretty darn good. I really can't wait for my copy to arrive so I can do a replay at some point.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
You are reading too much of it. Almost all the major characters hold the baby once or twice in the game. Some of them even throwv him.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I do respect that guy's work, but he sure didn't do himself any favors. If all he saw this community for was for $$ clicks, then I can't fault Nibel for the ban when the guy had already been warned before.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Just to warn people, probable spoilers from what I watched. Turned off half way through.
Just from the video's thumbnail, I was able to glean that
Haruka appears to be playable again (selfie next to the man holding that baby), she is cordial with him, and he's potentially the father of that child? All speculation, but greater caution with these things is appreciated nonetheless.
A post edit may be in order.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Someone tell SEGA to let me play the game right now, it's teasing me on the dashboard. ;_;

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
finished up 5 (loved it, love haruka) and started in on the y6 demo.

the graphics are so freakin crazy going from ps3 to ps4 new engine

like i just walked down the first avenue after getting to kamaurcho and i'm just looking at everything walking down the street slowly

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
You are reading too much of it. Almost all the major characters hold the baby once or twice in the game. Some of them even throwv him.

Unless there is more changes than just Haruto in place of Kiryu, it looks like it spoils a boss fight with Haruto (Kiryu) vs someone...

I stopped just after that.

So a warning would have been nice is all I'm saying.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder that there were model swap mods for Yakuza 5 as well. With those mods the modders made pretty much every character that has a model in the game (that includes NPCs!) playable. Same deal with Yakuza 6 now. I saw that vid today too, got it recommended on YouTube. It's a fun video, but I wouldn't recommend watching it (or any other model swap videos the Japanese community did in that regard, there are a couple more) before beating the game, just in case of potential spoilers. But yes, there are more model swaps in that video than just for the playable character. And yes, a lot of people hold Haruto over the course of the game, after all Kiryu can't fight and hold him at the same time, hehe.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Good point. I guess he could. Now imagine Kiryu tiger dropping thugs with one hand while holding Haruto in the other, haha. I don't think the CERO would be very appreciative of that picture, though.^^"
Haha, the imagery is pretty funny. "Look how broken tiger drop is, i can hold a baby in one hand and destroy you with the other!"
Can't wait for tonight at midnight, i barely played the demo to keep it fresh but i just wanted to see how it felt to go inside those seamless building.
What a life changing experience!