• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Welp. This just cemented a purchase of Xenoblade 2 DLC in the next few weeks. Not even half way through the game and I'm pretty hyped for a new blade or two.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Extreme difficulty? Fuck yes.
Best gaas ever, if I finish 2nd playthrough before that, i'll just do a 3rd playthrough. Please update this game forever, expansion pass 2, 3, 4.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I'm seeing confusion about whether T-elos is available right after beating the game, or if T-elos is NG+ only. This sounds like you can unlock T-elos before NG+?
It's not NG+ only. You only need the game clear mark in the menu to have a chance to pull her. She is a reward for players who have cleared the game once, being in NG+ is not required.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they are adding a new difficulty level. The game is a complete joke once you have access to Break/Topple/Launch/Smash.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how anyone could consider Praxis and Theory as "lolis".
Well, in-game they don't quite look quite so blatant (it helps that they're relatively tall compared to other characters). But CHOCO's actual character artwork is well, borderline (and I think that's a generous appraisal)
OT6uhpc.jpg

4MhsPe5.jpg

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Are we getting more than 3 rare blades?

Xenoblade_chronicles_2_new_rare_blades.jpg

I don't see Telos here and from what Duckroll said it seems we are getting more than one next time?

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Are we getting more than 3 rare blades?

Xenoblade_chronicles_2_new_rare_blades.jpg

I don't see Telos here and from what Duckroll said it seems we are getting more than one next time?
Telos is not an Expansion Pass-Only Blade (those silhouettes are presumably the Expansion Pass locked ones). Poppi Buster is the only one revealed so far.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, in-game they don't quite look quite so blatant (it helps that they're relatively tall compared to other characters). But CHOCO's actual character artwork is well, borderline (and I think that's a generous appraisal)
OT6uhpc.jpg

4MhsPe5.jpg
Yeah, their artwork always struck me as not matching their in game designs all that well. Love the characters though and used them in my playthrough.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it helps at all, easy difficulty halves the HP of enemies in half so you can wrestle with the combat mechanics in a less stressful way. You can always switch back to normal once you get the hang of it, too.

Oh its not that, i beat the game during launch week and have a little over 100hrs in it right now. Its just that by the end i realized i didnt enjoy the combat or the blade mechanics at all. Never even got kosmos so doing another playthrough to just face similar odds again seems pointless to me.

Id much rather they got to porting XCX than Xenosaga collection.
I only got to play xcx for 3 or so hours but i found its combat system vastly more enjoyable . Saga collection can be 3rd party muliplat for all i care. Since its a somewhat bleh looking ps2 game , ill still only get on the switch and play it in handheld where it should look the least ugly.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohhh yeah baby.^_^i literally just completed Mikhail Affinity node.^_^ So, i am all ready for this lol.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now we only need Lila dammit.T_T And, is that grampypon surviving lol.^_^

I am bit dissapointed on T-Elos though. Having scythe as weapon means another Akhos clone set and that is lame.T_T

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Translated production note from the website courtesy of Lil Google feat. Me:

Hello "Xenoblade 2" players!
This is Takahashi of MonolithSoft.

I'm here today to inform you about the contents of the upcoming update (Ver.1.4.0) to be delivered simultaneously worldwide on the afternoon of 4/27 (Friday), Japan time.

In Ver.1.4.0, new Rare Blades are finally added.

First, "Hana Buster". (NOTE: Hana is Poppi's Japanese name)

• note18_img01.jpg

Hana Buster is a Rare Blade which can be obtained only by customers who purchased the "Expansion Pass".

The design is by Mr. Masatsugu Saito.
Hana is an artificial Blade made exclusively for Tora, but Hana Buster is designed as an artificial Blade that can be used by characters other than Tora.

• note18_img02.jpg
  • note18_img03.jpg

Hana Buster is available via quest, and not through synchronizing various Core Crystals.
What is the yellow flower on the palm of your hand? What's the story behind the antenna on your head?
These questions and I'm sure many more can be answered in the quests dedicated to Hana Buster, and I encourage you to check them out.

Additionally, "T-elos Re:" is realized thanks to the cooperation of Bandai Namco Entertainment.
She will be a gift character for "customers who cleared the first lap" which I mentioned in an earlier production note.

• note18_img04.jpg

T-elos Re: is a character that appeared as a rival to KOS-MOS in the "Xenosaga" series.
Her design is provided by CHOCO. (NOTE: CHOCO created the original concepts for KOS-MOS and T-elos)
Truth be told, in designing T-elos Re:, CHOCO set out to reciprocate the respect given to him by Kunihiko Tanaka when designing "KOS-MOS Re:". "Respectfulness to CHOCO was always kept in mind, so I'll follow Mr. Tanaka's lead."
While T-elos Re: seems cuter than she did in "Xenosaga", CHOCO says that the state of her visor shows she means business.
Inheriting CHOCO's astute commitment, our staff ensured that spirit was reflected in her in-game model.
T-elos Re: is a Blade that all customers who cleared the game can obtain. When you've cleared the story, a star emblem appears within the main menu next to the amount of money your characters possess. If you see that, it means you can obtain T-elos Re: via Blade synchronization.

• note18_img05.jpg

Although it will be a random draw from within dropped Core Crystals, I've set her appearance rate considerably higher, so I think that anyone can meet her without much trouble.

Various other updates appear in Ver 1.4.0 such as the following.

• list_img.png
    After the second lap (NOTE: I assume this means finishing the story mode within a New Game+ save), a bard will exchange Hana parts for EXP.
  • list_img.png
    A new item sorting filter is added to the menu.
That's all for Ver. 1.4.0.
Looking forward past May, for customers who purchased the "Expansion Pass", we plan to intermittently add additional new quests, new Rare Blades, a challenge battle mode, an "Extreme" difficulty mode, and more.
Of particular significance is a new Rare Blade drawn by a new illustrator, played by a new actor (In fact, they just recorded today), and is an original creation exclusive to the "Expansion Pass". I hope you look forward to it and enjoy!

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
I've been avoiding new game+ but at least I can get Poppi Buster.

But there's conflicting posts on T-elos. Is it confirmed new game+ only or just having beat the game?

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been avoiding new game+ but at least I can get Poppi Buster.

But there's conflicting posts on T-elos. Is it confirmed new game+ only or just having beat the game?

Official word is: If you've got the star medal on your save, you can get her.

Additionally, I see people saying that T-elos is given to you. That's not true. It's true that the production note refers to her as a gift character, but in a metaphorical sense. You have to draw her from core crystals like other rare blades, though her appearance rate is "considerably higher".

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CHOCO is one of the guest character artists. He drew the "loli gals" Praxis and Theory. But I believe he did artwork for Xenosaga and a lot of other things in the past.

I didn't thought about him initially but yeah, it's totally him. Also, totally forgot about the fact that he did art for Xenosaga in the past. Not sure why the copyright of Bandai namco then

Edit: Forget, I just saw that she's a character of Xenosaga. Now makes sense why there's a copyright of Bandai Namco

Nov 12, 2017
I'll never quit playing Xenoblade 2, huh? lol

Really looking forward to that new extreme mode. The game itself is actually quite easy once you know how to break it with Mythra or Poppi; you wont even need your other party members to survive.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't thought about him initially but yeah, it's totally him. Also, totally forgot about the fact that he did art for Xenosaga in the past. Not sure why the copyright of Bandai namco then

Edit: Forget, I just saw that she's a character of Xenosaga. Now makes sense why there's a copyright of Bandai Namco
Well you figured it but yeah. Namco Bandai acknowledgements since they still own Xenosaga IP. It seems NB are more friendly to Nintendo with these things, since there's been nothing yet about SquareEnix giving any ok for a possible Xenogears reference.

Would be nice if there was a Baten Kaitos callout, since that IP is also owned by NB

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well you figured it but yeah. Namco Bandai acknowledgements since they still own Xenosaga IP. It seems NB are more friendly to Nintendo with these things, since there's been nothing yet about SquareEnix giving any ok for a possible Xenogears reference.

Would be nice if there was a Baten Kaitos callout, since that IP is also owned by NB

It would be very nice to see a remaster of Xenosaga in Switch since they're like that lol

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
A new artificial blade that anyone (including Tora) can use and motherfucking T-Elos with a high chance from the gacha.

Friday can't come soon enough!

Eric Peng

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, ignoring mod warnings, account still in the junior phase.
sucks that thor died I wanted a fourth movie

Last edited by a moderator:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Wow a Nopon Mech actually looks surprisingly badass

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Niceeee

Poppi Buster so cool. What is its weapon though?

Telos is cool too. What is her element and weapon? Dark axe maybe? Or maybe it's actually the scythe weapon from that NG+ blade?