SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I was revisiting the game this last few days and I'm again awestruck by just how insane this game can be in terms of having voice packs and skins for an enormous amount of characters from many different places. Not only from games but films and series. Not to mention mods for weapons, enemies and others.

I mean, I went on a mission with a following squad one time: HK-47, GLaDOS, Shodan, EDI, Legion and 2B. All had voicepacks, all were saying stuff as I went through the mission that would put a massive smile on my face.

The lounge on my Avenger is basically one big reunion of characters from all manners of stories and universes. And a lot of them have voice packs that give an immense sense of personality and authenticity to them. It feels like this immense celebration. And it's not just voice packs, you have an infinitue of mods that change skins as well:

3BAE63A8717870674A42E10F4A90D78270D6462A
cDNwwzy.jpg

3010424-starwarshaha.jpg
3F3BB7E48019E3D2F5BC908CEF5C66BA6B57DF6D

I can go on a mission with the Gang from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and hear Dennis screaming about the implications. I can have Cate Archer and Max Payne fighting side by side. Bastila and Shepard. Jill Valentine and Jason Bourne. And so on.

It's just incredible and fun and joyful.

Make an exercise. Think of a character from a game and give it a look to see if there is a voice pack available. You might be surprised.

To finish, I should point out that this is only really possible because XCOM2 is an incredible game. It's fun and exciting to play because of that, and these mods I'm thinking of are purely cosmetical. And if it wasn't as incredible a game as it is I doubt there would be such a loving community making wonderful mods out there.

Thank the gods for XCOM2 and everybody that worked on these mods.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's one of the few games I play modded up to the gills, though I ignore most of the out-of-universe cosmetic stuff.

Just wish XCOM 2 ran a little better/smoother.

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
: O

That Star Wars set looks chronic ...

Just bought a bunch a games in the Steam sale, but this could even be the next thing I install. Either way, thank you for pointing out what is possible!

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
: O

That Star Wars set looks chronic ...

Just bought a bunch a games in the Steam sale, but this could even be the next thing I install. Either way, thank you for pointing out what is possible!

This is barely the surfuce. There are tons and tons of mods out there to personalize your game. Star Wars alone has an infinute of them, I believe both that franchise and Mass Effect and the ones with the most mods out there.

Just go one the workshop and see for yourself. I have in my team Revan (with his mask and hood), Bastila (voice mod), two HK-47 with different voice mods, all the squad from Republic Commando with voice packs and more.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Absolutely agree. My first playthrough I had a Mass Effect team for my main group, and Gears of War for a B team. When I played through the second time (for the expansion) I used Noble Team from Halo Reach for main group and Mass Effect for backup.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I did an entire playthrough with Max and Chloe from LIS on almost every mission.

I regret nothing!

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like fun. XCOM is about gathering humanity's best, and this seems like a really cool way to go about it.

Will my PC explode if I put on too many of these mods though?

Yeah, it's one of the few games I play modded up to the gills, though I ignore most of the out-of-universe cosmetic stuff.

Just wish XCOM 2 ran a little better/smoother.
It's funny how I've sort of gotten used to how janky the animations can be. Stuff like a soldier breaking a window for no reason and then not firing through it. I'm not excusing the jank, but somehow it's become a fact of life when playing the game.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't know about all these! The Mass Effect ones alone are killer.

Are all these on the Steam workshop or are they classic old school mods? Where can they be downloaded from?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I mean, I went on a mission with a following squad one time: HK-47, GLaDOS, Shodan, EDI, Legion and 2B. All had voicepacks, all were saying stuff as I went through the mission that would put a massive smile on my face.

Boy, you need to Ernest Cline this crap up!

I mean, I went on a mission with a following squad one time: HK-47, from Bioware's Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, GLaDOS, from Valve's Portal Franchise, Shodan from System Shock, EDI from Bioware's Mass Effect, Legion from whatever Franchise this is, and 2B, from Yoko Taro's Nier: Automata. All had voicepacks, all were saying stuff as I went through the mission that would put a massive smile on my face.

Rhete

Oct 27, 2017
I played the entire game with Neptunia heads and voice mods, it's really crazy how deep the mods go, even if they don't make any sense.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Do I need the expansion for these? I don't think I have war of the chosen.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Yooooo can we get a list of mods that add these character packs? I have a bunch of XCOM 2 mods installed that are mostly QOL changes, but would be curious to dig into some of these.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I want star wars droids and various troopers as my entire squad and recruit list.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad Star Wars is locked up with EA. A XCOM type game based around the IP would be pretty fantastic.

Great mods though. I haven't played around much with mods for XCOM2, but I should swing back at some point. Lot of great work out there.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

Afraid not.

It's too bad Star Wars is locked up with EA. A XCOM type game based around the IP would be pretty fantastic.

Great mods though. I haven't played around much with mods for XCOM2, but I should swing back at some point. Lot of great work out there.

There are so much mods for Star Wars that you can make the entire game about. Not only your characters, but the enemies as well: