Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.trueachievements.com

Xbox Rewards weekly streaks and app could be coming to an end

After essentially being gutted, it looks like Microsoft is now finally killing off the Microsoft Rewards app on Xbox and the weekly streaks task.

"With the new Rewards hub on Xbox, players will no longer need to have separate apps to earn or redeem Reward points on Xbox. Starting in December 2023, we will no longer publish offers in the Microsoft Rewards app on Xbox, focusing new activities on the new Rewards hub. Basically, this change is intended to simplify and streamline the Rewards experience for players and help them access all Xbox-related offers and activities in one convenient place. The weekly series continues until the end of November, after which it will be retired in the app, along with the weekly sequence.
Fuck, who will pay for my game pass now?

Bessy67

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not surprising, the program has been getting worse and worse this year. They have a credit card coming out and they probably want to drive people to that unfortunately.

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020
Earlier they changed something that killed a browser addon that had previously automated the searches. Looks like the gravy train is coming to a halt.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
The rewards app on consoles has always been horrible and broke as often as it worked. It reads like they are merging the rewards program into one single app instead of making you use one on your Xbox, one on your phone for Xbox stuff (used to be two until a few weeks ago), one for none Xbox stuff, and the website for other non-Xbox stuff. Having it all under one solution sounds like a good thing to me, but losing the weekly streak on Xbox is a bummer.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
The rewards app on consoles has always been horrible and broke as often as it worked. It reads like they are merging the rewards program into one single app instead of making you use one on your Xbox, one on your phone for Xbox stuff (used to be two until a few weeks ago), one for none Xbox stuff, and the website for other non-Xbox stuff. Having it all under one solution sounds like a good thing to me, but losing the weekly streak on Xbox is a bummer.

Yeah, I'm hoping this is the case.

The fact there is a spot to apply for their credit card first thing in the rewards app now is gross. It seems way too easy to apply for considering that could change your credit score.

Bessy67

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Weekly streak on Xbox was the one thing left that gave big point values. I don't think I'm going to be able to maintain my game pass subscription without it

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
It's how I get Game Pass, and honestly if that becomes too hard to do or is taken out I'll probably just not get GP anymore lol. I use it a lot, but eh, I can live without it honestly.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've kind of gave up on the rewards. I had enough this summer to buy the expensive version of Diablo 4 for like $30 and since then I've just had a few hundred points. Shame too because there were plenty of times where I bought games on Xbox over Playstation which is my preferred platform simply because the rewards system was so good that I felt actually rewarded for buying and participating.

Still love my Xbox but the ecosystem has got a little less appealing now with how stingy they are with the rewards points.

broderm

Jun 15, 2020
I was able to get CAD$330 in amazon gift card (planning to get the Switch 2) doing everything for 3 years. From now on, if it's too hard to get auto-redeem for GamePass Ultimate (10,500), I'm out.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The Xbox app has been getting progressively more barren for a while. I loaded it up a day or two ago and saw it down to the streak tile and a single offer and said "yeah, this is dying soon".

Biggest offense was them moving the 50 point achievement offer out of the app and into the GamePass hub, because of repeated "technical issues" with the app version of the offer, only to later cut it down to like 5 points.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
if it makes it better without nerfing anything, im all for it. The rewards app on xbox is complete dogshit. Sometimes i cant even open it, it just hangs for a minute until it crashes. Hopefully new tasks are in the new app to replace the points

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
I'm at a 219 week streak so if it manages to stay up for one more week I'll be happy. Currently there isn't a way to redeem stuff on console without going to the website (if they do remove the app) so I wonder if they'll streamline the redemption process into the part of the dashboard that already has the quests.

Either way, it's still free money for spending a few minutes a day so we can't be all that mad about it considering Microsoft never needed to offer it in the first place. The quickest way to make points still remains of doing the daily objectives/searches and using the mobile app to play not-Bejeweled and since those still require a bit more effort, and can't be cheesed as easily, hopefully those stay as they are without getting reduced.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Damn, if it gets to the point where I cant used microsoft rewards to pay for gamepass... well... I dunno. I just. dont. know!

overall its been a great program for me, unironically the gamepass quest to get an achievement each day has motivated me to play more games than I otherwise would have.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's that then, literally no reason to turn my Xbox on at all now until fable I guess. It was the only thing I often did on my Xbox each day. Could see it coming for a while now with it getting worse and worse over time.

May 14, 2021
Until they gutted Rewards this year, Series X was my main. Now I pretty much never touch it. PS5 has infinitely better game streaming as well.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like they're not getting rid of Rewards, just deprecating the app and moving Xbox related rewards to a combined app. Am I reading it wrong?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I was really into it for about a year, hitting $40-50 a quarter, but now I just main Bing on all my devices, very occasionally do some quizzes/polls, and cash out on $15ish Amazon or Xbox gift card a few times times a year. Free money for doing nothing.

BKsQuadcopter

Apr 1, 2021
Will suck big time if they get rid of it completely (especially being two weeks away from the next 10 week streak…) since this will likely kill ability to maintain my GPU sub with MS Rewards. If that happens I might just get rid of my Xbox all together. I only use it for Game Pass but I don't use it nearly enough to justify actually paying for it and PS Extra/Premium both. Hopefully they're just consolidating the rewards from the app under the rewards tab, but I don't see how they maintain the streak reward with that.

r_rose

Mar 1, 2022
I finally gave up on the program a couple days ago and it's been nice not to think about it. I feel like I got a lot out of it but they're getting so strict with the points that it now feels like a hassle for very little return.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they are replacing it with something so it might not be a bad thing. That Rewards app on Xbox had become so bad and barren with offers that I kept losing my streak constantly anyway due to a lack of interest. I more or less stopped caring about MS Rewards earlier this year after all the fun/easy stuff got nerfed. I still get around $5 out of the program every month in cashback on purchases and a few other small things I barely lift a finger for so it's still a nice bonus even if it doesn't pay for Game Pass.

Bunkem

Prophet of Truth
Aug 25, 2021
Hasn't worked for me for months! It's funny how much it did get me to engage with the ecosystem though, I definitely turn the thing on less without the pull of a few silly points.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
They aren't killing the Rewards system, just consolidating it to a single platform/app. They've already done it with the mobile app, all rewards are now on the Xbox app, including the Gamepass Daily/Weekly/Monthly quests. The Gamepass app is now only for browsing Gamepass games and queueing them to install remotely.

May 14, 2021
They aren't killing the Rewards system, just consolidating it to a single platform/app. They've already done it with the mobile app, all rewards are now on the Xbox app, including the Gamepass Daily/Weekly/Monthly quests. The Gamepass app is now only for browsing Gamepass games and queueing them to install remotely.
With all the point opportunity removals and lessening over the past few months, they might as well have killed it.

May 14, 2021
I dunno, I only do the mobile app rewards and there has been no change for me outside of only having to open 1 app instead of 2.
There's been a huge change. The 2000 monthly points got dropped to 1000, and then soon after they reduced that to 500. Achievements got dropped from 50 to 5. That's just two examples of many.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
There's been a huge change. The 2000 monthly points got dropped to 1000, and then soon after they reduced that to 500. Achievements got dropped from 50 to 5. That's just two examples of many.

Fair enough, I never paid that close attention to it anyways, and I'm not one to usually try to game these types of systems.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
So are they getting rid of the cheaper GPU month redemption with that, too? Just seems like they used to offer a lot that you had to turn on an Xbox to access with nothing for PC Game Pass people to do and are just going to greatly minimize the Xbox stuff so there's no need to bother with any games stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I didn't get too invested in this, all good things come to an end I guess.

I gave up on it about 4 years ago. Even though it only took like 5-10 minutes a day to keep a streak up and keep earning points, even that felt like too much time to commit to something that amounted to just a few bucks a month (and limited to one ecosystem I wasn't using that much over time)

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
Dang, I have a perfect streak on the weekly thing since they started it a few years ago. Oh well, easy come easy go I guess.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
As long as I can still make donations with my rewards I'll be happy. It's the only thing I used it for. I never see this talked about here, but it's a simple way to give to charities.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I'm glad I dumped most of my remaining points for the 3 months for 1 month glitch earlier:

www.resetera.com

Microsoft Rewards Glitch - Gamepass Ultimate 1 month giving out 3 month codes (dead)

Thought id make a thread incase it gets patched quick https://rewards.bing.com/redeem/000400000330?form=dash_2 they are spitting out 3 month from the 1 month. Just bought 6 to top off my previous 3 years. I now expire in 2026

Gravy train may be coming to an end.

Greent4

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Charlotte, NC
"With the new Rewards hub on Xbox, players will no longer need to have separate apps to earn or redeem Reward points on Xbox. Starting in December 2023, we will no longer publish offers in the Microsoft Rewards app on Xbox, focusing new activities on the new Rewards hub. Basically, this change is intended to simplify and streamline the Rewards experience for players and help them access all Xbox-related offers and activities in one convenient place. The weekly series continues until the end of November, after which it will be retired in the app, along with the weekly sequence.

"Rewards with Xbox will remain part of the Microsoft Rewards program, and any points you earn on Xbox will continue to be associated with points from other parts of the program."
People should read the article instead of responding to the OP

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Wow, can they make the App work in Portugal or finally allow Portuguese people to use Microsoft points to buy Xbox Gift Cards!?

Seriously, it's like they have everything else, including discounts for several Portugal franchises, and Apple Gift Cards even, but Xbox Gift Cards are for some reason unavailable.

Maybe now that they are making everything one App they could...i don't know, fix that?

Vertigo1

Jun 30, 2023
I'm confused, how does/will this work exactly?

Are rewards gone now, or are they just making it easier to earn them without needing a separate app?...

Oct 27, 2017
So we would still get rewards from bing searches and weekly/monthly quests? Seems still very good if a bit less. My 35 week streak will live undefeated. The article doesn't indicate rewards are going away, why are ppl saying that?

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
So we would still get rewards from bing searches and weekly/monthly quests? Seems still very good if a bit less. My 35 week streak will live undefeated. The article doesn't indicate rewards are going away, why are ppl saying that?

Again the article is just click bait they are consolidating rewards in a new app because the old app was absolutely terrible apart from that nothing will change as far as we know.

Last edited:

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
only thing that will be gone for this is the weekly bonus, which gave 100 points a week, then 2500 every 10 weeks. Averaging out to 350 points a week. or 50 points a day

when you see it like that... its not the biggest loss.

still you can get over 20k points a month. Thread full of overreaction "its not not even worth it"... fam you can still easily get DOUBLE the amount of points needed for gamepass ultimate a month

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think many posts here really imply that they think MS Rewards is going away altogether. Just that this looks like another step towards making it so bad that it's no longer worth using.