Your favorite first party trailer from the Xbox Showcase?

• Doom: The Dark Ages

Votes: 240 23.6%
  • South of Midnight

Votes: 120 11.8%
  • Perfect Dark

Votes: 251 24.7%
  • Fable

Votes: 183 18.0%
  • Gears of War: E-Day

Votes: 166 16.4%
  • State of Decay 3

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 30 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2019
I already LOVE Starfield but the mods are just making it better every day. Thank god for the 100gb limit. I've already used 9gb which is more than FO4 and Skyrim. As new mods come out every day there's something new and cool to add and check out while you play. Since Todd has doubled down on the 10 year plan with yearly meaty expansions alongside content and QOL updates, coupled with the amount of space you have for mods is going to make this game something else. What I still don't understand is how polarizing this game is 9 months later.

Wingnut

Jul 11, 2022
Unbelievable how many people think all mods for starfield on console are paid mods.
All the time I have this discussion with people online. The sensational "journalism" works flawlessly it looks like.

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
I'm all for modders being able to charge for their hard work, but I wonder how the creator/bethesda split looks, roblox's is pretty dire.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I'm all for modders being able to charge for their hard work, but I wonder how the creator/bethesda split looks, roblox's is pretty dire.

I think Fortnite is leading the pack right now at 40%?
Before, in Skyrim, devs were getting 25%
So let's hope it can at least catch up, but it can be hard when platforms are taking 30% cuts right from the top.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Assuming this game is very high quality and reviews well, yeah, looks like this could be a juggernaut in the making. Hopefully, the game is super high quality when it releases. Assuming it is, I'm super curious to see the sales this game ends up doing on Steam.

It's pretty low on the Steam Wishlist ranking, around the 50 range. Which isn't always a direct correlation but generally speaking something that comes out so soon you would expect to be higher. For instance stalker 2 which comes out roughly around the same time is 4th.

I will certainly be buying it but I don't know, we shall see!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Avowed i will explore it all!!

GQPTUqpWEAAIhFW

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Unbelievable how many people think all mods for starfield on console are paid mods.
All the time I have this discussion with people online. The sensational "journalism" works flawlessly it looks like.

yeah i've tried dozens of mod's and all have been free ones, even though i have 1000 credits due to the prem edition, i have not had to spend any of it.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I have trouble seeing any valid argument against it when they put out the modding tools for free and 99% of mods are in fact free. People feel really entitled to a 20 minute bounty mission and some plushie decorations I guess.

Creations don't really interest me personally as there's often similar or better alternatives available for free. But I can see the value for people who don't want to deal with load orders and conflicts, or just want the convenience factor, or to support some modders trying to make a living on it.

The same shit happened with Creation Club on the other games, it'll pass just as soon as the angry Gamers can be angry about something else.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

View: https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1802758875059241142?s=46&t=gf8rfJgiXtRzEKTUzSF5Yw

Might be good.

Games marketing is moving to under Matt Bootys branch and Xbox marketing is under Sarah's basically
Here's Spencer's marketing memo in full:
I have some news to share with all of you: Jerret West, who has served as the Chief Marketing Officer of Xbox for four and a half years, will be leaving Microsoft to join Roblox as their new CMO and Head of Market Expansion. His last day will be June 30th.
On behalf of Team Xbox, I'd like to thank Jerret for everything he accomplished. During his time here, Jerret was instrumental in launching and growing communities like our Xbox social universe to 120M followers strong, and product expansion like Game Pass which is now available in more than 80 countries worldwide. He oversaw the creation and delivery of global marketing campaigns for numerous games, platforms (console, PC, cloud) and brand moments such as this year's momentous Xbox Games Showcase. Roblox is an important partner for Xbox, and we look forward to working with Jerret and the Roblox team to connect more people around the world through the power of play.
As a team we are committed to growing the strong marketing capability in Gaming. Going forward, the Gaming Leadership Team and I have decided to place marketing closer to the businesses they support. Games marketing will sit inside of Studios, Xbox marketing will sit inside the Xbox team, international marketing will sit inside of the Consumer Sales Org, and our centralized marketing team will report to me. The following organizational changes will be effective on July 1st:
The Integrated Marketing team led by Kirsten Ward and the Programming and Events team led by Tina Summerford will come together as an expanded Central Gaming Marketing team under Kirsten, who will report to me as a member of the Gaming Executive Leadership Team. Chief of staff Pav Bhardwaj and executive assistant Kim Nold will report to Kirsten.
The Bethesda Publishing Marketing team, led by Erin Losi, will move to Game Content and Studios, reporting to Matt Booty.
The 1P Games Marketing Team including Xbox Game Studios and Mojang, led by Aaron Greenberg, will also move to Game Content and Studios, reporting to Matt.
The Xbox Marketing team, led by Chris Lee, will move to the Xbox Org, reporting to Sarah Bond.
The International Marketing team, led by Jim McMullin and Florian Liewer, will move to the Consumer Sales Org, reporting to Ami Silverman.
The Bethesda International Marketing team, led by Adam Carter, will also move to the Consumer Sales Org. Adam will be taking on a new role leading Business Operations at Bethesda, reporting to Jill Braff. The Consumer Sales Org will work on backfilling his role and share more at a later date.
We're fortunate to have a deep bench of talent and experience, and I'm excited to see how our marketing will evolve under their leadership.
Phil

Last edited:

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Jerret West didn't seem to do a really good job at marketing so hopefully things will be better going forward. kinda scared this will lead to more layoffs though.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Marketing has been better lately (relative budget for the size of game), the move under Matt/Sarah i thought already happened??

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
their marketing has been actual garbage tier so here's hoping this is actually better news for Xbox as a whole

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Outside a few too online purists no one actually thinks that.

That said I don't think there's a ton of Xbox stuff that needs full remakes, for most of those it would be probably be better to just do a new entry/reboot similar to Fable., and so some basic remasters/re-releases of stuff that isn't available.

Very specific personal opinions aside that just isn't true. The games they've made are quality releases and the full on remakes have proven to be popular.

If for any reason you don't specifically like remakes, might be good to realise that you're in the minority and that there's also tons of people to whom these remakes are just as much new games as any other release.

Xbox would 100% benefit from having a similar remake studio.

They are absolutely best remake studio along with Capcom. Both Shadow of Colossus and Demon's Souls are technical masterpieces of PS4/5.

Vicarious Visions could be Xbox's Bluepoint if they still existed. Diablo II: Resurrected is best post-Activision Blizzard game. And many of people prefer it to Diablo IV. They still have Beenox who developed CoD: MW2 Campaign Remastered but I don't think they'll be out of CoD.

This post makes no sense.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I don't plan on derailing the thread, I just don't think that applying an uninspired fresh coat of paint while making no effort to improve the original game in any way classifies as a good remake. I understand why they're successful, people are allergic to old looking games, but I just think they're inferior products compared to the original game.
e: missing word

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty low on the Steam Wishlist ranking, around the 50 range. Which isn't always a direct correlation but generally speaking something that comes out so soon you would expect to be higher. For instance stalker 2 which comes out roughly around the same time is 4th.

I will certainly be buying it but I don't know, we shall see!

Yeah, we'll just have to wait and see. There isn't always a direct correlation, agree.

What's interesting also is the top sellers rankings. While Stalker 2 is way up there in wishlisted rankings, Age of Mythology is ranking higher in the top sellers rankings. As I'm typing this, these are where the 2 titles rank in terms of best sellers:

#148 - Age of Mythology
#238 - Stalker 2

Both also release pretty much at the same time, like you pointed out above.

9/4 - Age of Mythology
9/5 - Stalker 2

Obviously, it's still too early to draw any conclusive conclusions at this point, but these are nevertheless interesting data points for both titles right now.

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia
Yeah, we'll just have to wait and see. There isn't always a direct correlation, agree.

What's interesting also is the top sellers rankings. While Stalker 2 is way up there in wishlisted rankings, Age of Mythology is ranking higher in the top sellers rankings. As I'm typing this, these are where the 2 titles rank in terms of best sellers:

#148 - Age of Mythology
#238 - Stalker 2

Both also release pretty much at the same time, like you pointed out above.

9/4 - Age of Mythology
9/5 - Stalker 2

Obviously, it's still too early to draw any conclusive conclusions at this point, but these are nevertheless interesting data points for both titles right now.
I'm pretty sure Stalker 2 had pre-orders for a long time, so it makes sense it's not charting high at this point. Wishlists are very impressive for sure, #4 for Stalker and #51 for AoM.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I don't think it really has anything to do with matt, it's just that he's the head of studios/games. And if marketing is moving to be closer to that business it logically makes sense to be under that structure reporting to matt

Most decision making and strategy will still come from the head of marketing under Studios

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I really don't like Matt Booty. But whatever. We will see what, if anything, changes because of this. And yeah, don't touch Activision and Blizzard lol.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
For other games maybe, for Avowed not very much imo
Some of that could've been down to the state of the game and the material they had to work with though. I think the June 2023 trailer was fine from a narrative/editing PoV. It was the visuals that people didn't like. They are getting a lot of views still though

Orduss

Feb 3, 2021
Some of that could've been down to the state of the game and the material they had to work with though. I think the June 2023 trailer was fine from a narrative/editing PoV. It was the visuals that people didn't like. They are getting a lot of views still though
For June 2023 maybe but for the last trailer the material was better. I think it's just me wanting more deep dive though honestly

Oct 12, 2020

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Yeah. This is pretty much one of those instances where I'm like "here, take my money".

As a young lad I was obsessed with K.I.T.T. (Knight Rider) and only as an adult learned how low key underwhelming real Firebirds of that era were lol.

And the Back to the Future Delorean? This car pack was made for me. 😍

same i loved KITT, need to get my M.K on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.