Votes: 391 46.4%

• Total voters

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

View: https://x.com/aarongreenberg/status/1795637184118358369

Xbox-Briefing-Photo-Aaron-Greenberg-Fans.webp

FOR THE NATION!!!! 🔥 🔥 🔥

it's so corny i'm dyin'. all in good fun tho.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I admit seeing that tweet my first gut reaction was teasing an acquisition. Sega will 100% show off a game or two at the showcase (SMT5 port or my long shot, Persona 6).

I had that same instant dread chill honestly, but acquisitions rarely leak, I've been involved in three now, one in gaming, and they always keep the people who know about those things to a bare minimum until they're announced.

SMTV on Game Pass seems to have been leaked already, and I wouldn't be surprised to see III Nocturne and the long fabled IV/IV Apocalypse HD showing up. Persona 6 or a new LAD game feel like medium distance shots, could happen but I wouldn't bet on it.

Personally, my wildest dream would be Genesis/Dreamcast/Saturn "Backwards compatibility" (Read, officially supported emulation). Now that's a long long long shot. Maybe a slightly shorter one now that Bond is leading some kind of Preservation/Compatibility thingy, but still out there.

Surprised no one has hypothesized that the Rocksteady guys could be working on a new Prototype.

Wild guess, but they showed Mercer in that ActiBlizz welcome trailer, and I think those guys would nail it

Could happen, though I'd put money on a licensed super hero game first. Not that Prototype doesn't have it's fans, I just think it's a safer bet.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
not getting Chief and Doomguy will forever be my biggest regret in Fortnite
When I worked at 343 we received free codes for Regular chief, dark steel colored chief, the warthog, and the pelican gliders. But I took forever to actually bother using the codes just to find out the codes we got had expirations on them. Didn't get any of them :(.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
My rule of thumb when it comes to random "insiders" on Twitter is if Grubb, Jez, Nick or Nate haven't reported on it then it is probably just guesses/lies. The chances of actual insiders not knowing anything and some random fanboy are so exceptionally low.

Just because they know people doesn't mean they hear stuff. I know people in the gaming industry, I don't know shit.

Except Arcanum remake shadow drop yeeesh boi.

(that's not true)

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Returning to Hellblade after being away for the long weekend and it's an incredible thing to witness. Every time the game hands the control back to you after an amazing cutscene the path forward looks almost too good (graphically) to believe. I feel like I can only really play it in small chunks because it's so all-encompassing/intense, but it's really captivating for me.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that fine print of "Game catalogue varies by plan" is going to become critical to this.

Isnt that already a thing? Core includes like 25 or so games, Console & PC (dedicated to that platform), and the Ultimate (everything plan). Doubt it comes to Core but it may still come to Console/PC & Ultimate.
Why are we still doing this? They came out and said its day one on Game Pass for Console, PC Game Pass, and Ultimate.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Isn't that gonna be at SGF though?
I think you are confusing SGF with SGF Kick-Off (Geoff's event). SGF is June-July and are organized game events that all happen at the same time and are promoted by the SummerGameFest accounts. Xbox Games Showcase is part of SGF and so is Ubisoft Forward and the State of Play.

If they are a SGF partner, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be at the SGF Kick-Off, but just that they are going to be at ONE of the SGF events that happen between June and July, whether they host their own or are part of an existing one.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
I fully expect the changes to the game pass tiers are coming, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've decided that it'll land better in Spring of '25 instead.

Think about it, if they announce tier changes that, let's say for examples sake, the middle tier no longer includes 1st part day and date, it's more like EA play where you get those 6-9 months after release, and you need Ultimate for day and date. If they announced that this summer, more people might fairly look back at this year and go "We've gotten one first party release so far this year, why would I upgrade to Ultimate?". Alternatively, if you wait, and they land COD, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Towerborne, and Ara in the second half of this year (and there's hopefully something in Q1 of '25 as well), and then you announce the change, more users might be open to upgrading to Ultimate because they're seeing a steady cadence of releases they want to play.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Why are we still doing this? They came out and said its day one on Game Pass for Console, PC Game Pass, and Ultimate.
Because it's likely it changes. I predict a $20-25 tier that includes ultimate editions. As it is now, there's no point in it coming to Game Pass for console. Realistically that shouldn't even exist anymore. You can't play online with it. And hardly anyone is buying this for the campaign. Probably a Vault Edition add on for $49-59.99 for early access and I predict this year that will include MP to incentivize buying it. So that technically will make day one, day three to five. Also imagine Vault Edition goes up to $129 for standalone.

Trust and believe Call of Duty Black Ops 6 is not coming to Game Pass with no caveats. That would be the dumbest thing Xbox could do. Milk CoD. Like I'm serious. Sure it sucks for us as customers but it's what they need to do.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think you are confusing SGF with SGF Kick-Off (Geoff's event). SGF is June-July and are organized game events that all happen at the same time and are promoted by the SummerGameFest accounts. Xbox Games Showcase is part of SGF and so is Ubisoft Forward and the State of Play.

If they are a SGF partner, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be at the SGF Kick-Off, but just that they are going to be at ONE of the SGF events that happen between June and July, whether they host their own or are part of an existing one.

Ah, your right. I'm still getting used to the formatting of SGF. Good chance to see it at the Xbox showcase then.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Because it's likely it changes. I predict a $20-25 tier that includes ultimate editions. As it is now, there's no point in it coming to Game Pass for console. Realistically that shouldn't even exist anymore. You can't play online with it. And hardly anyone is buying this for the campaign. Probably a Vault Edition add on for $49-59.99 for early access and I predict this year that will include MP to incentivize buying it. So that technically will make day one, day three to five. Also imagine Vault Edition goes up to $129 for standalone.

Trust and believe Call of Duty Black Ops 6 is not coming to Game Pass with no caveats. That would be the dumbest thing Xbox could do. Milk CoD. Like I'm serious. Sure it sucks for us as customers but it's what they need to do.
Vault edition is $100. Theyll just do a $30 upgrade digital thing like Starfield got. I don't see them doing more than that. Preordering typically grants early access and paywalling it by $50 extra is a huge barrier considering those on PS need the same amenities sans game pass.

Any changes to tier plans or prices are prob after cod launches like in spring imo. Theyll hook in as many as they can during the holidays and then juice it if deemed part of their business requirements.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Vault edition is $100. Theyll just do a $30 upgrade digital thing like Starfield got. I don't see them doing more than that. Preordering typically grants early access and paywalling it by $50 extra is a huge barrier considering those on PS need the same amenities sans game pass.

Any changes to tier plans or prices are prob after cod launches like in spring imo. Theyll hook in as many as they can during the holidays and then juice it if deemed part of their business requirements.

There could be the argument though that if you were going to make changes, now is the time to do it because the addition of CoD is easy to justify it. There was a lot of grumblings around the Plus increase because well, nothing changed, the service didn't get better. Here it's at least got the benefit of adding one of the biggest games on the planet there.

I can see both sides happening really. But the fact that insiders such as Shinobi are hinting at changes suggests to me it's sooner rather then later.

Lui

Sep 22, 2022

Nah in this case they are gonna be part of SGF "Kick-off"

View: https://x.com/geoffkeighley/status/1793327762305954237

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz

Current Vault Edition just includes Blackcell for season 1 and early campaign access. I'm saying prey on fomo and make it include early access to multiplayer too. Then boosting it to $129 or even just $119 makes more sense. Just make that included with Vault irrespective of Game Pass to cover your PS players. That way you can still get the equivalent of a full game purchase from your ultimate subscribers with the Vault upgrade being $49 to $59. Sure maybe throw in 2 Seasons of Blackcell but still you're getting something from nothing. People out here paying $20 for a 21 Savage skin. They'll pay $49 to $129 for a head start.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like that fine print of "Game catalogue varies by plan" is going to become critical to this.
They added that when they rebranded Live Gold to Game Pass Core, because of course Game Pass Core doesn't come with the full Game Pass library.

I definitely think a change is coming to Game Pass subscriptions/pricing but I think it's going to be a bit of a rationalization. Having different plans for different platforms feels like skating to where the puck already was, not skating to where it is going. (Which plan would an Xbox-branded Windows handheld use?) And I think they'll eliminate the weirdness of the $9.99 plan coming with online play and the $10.99 plan not. They'll raise the price of that middle plan, of course, but it's arguably undervalued now (especially on PC) and if they add both cross-platform support and console multiplayer to it I think people would get over it if they bumped the price to $12.99 or whatever.

I know this sounds kind of like just turning that middle plan into Game Pass Ultimate, but Game Pass Ultimate would still have differentiation like EA Play, and Microsoft has experimented with adding DLC to it. They could add Minecraft Realms+ or Marketplace Pass to it to boost the value, too. That's what "Game Pass Ultimate" should be, to me – Game Pass plus more content. Core features like cross-platform access and online multiplayer should be standard on all Game Pass tiers, IMO.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
They added that when they rebranded Live Gold to Game Pass Core, because of course Game Pass Core doesn't come with the full Game Pass library.

I definitely think a change is coming to Game Pass subscriptions/pricing but I think it's going to be a bit of a rationalization. Having different plans for different platforms feels like skating to where the puck already was, not skating to where it is going. (Which plan would an Xbox-branded Windows handheld use?) And I think they'll eliminate the weirdness of the $9.99 plan coming with online play and the $10.99 plan not. They'll raise the price of that middle plan, of course, but it's arguably undervalued now (especially on PC) and if they add both cross-platform support and console multiplayer to it I think people would get over it if they bumped the price to $12.99 or whatever.

I know this sounds kind of like just turning that middle plan into Game Pass Ultimate, but Game Pass Ultimate would still have differentiation like EA Play, and Microsoft has experimented with adding DLC to it. They could add Minecraft Realms+ or Marketplace Pass to it to boost the value, too. That's what "Game Pass Ultimate" should be, to me – Game Pass plus more content. Core features like cross-platform access and online multiplayer should be standard on all Game Pass tiers, IMO.
No they didn't. They rebranded prior to Starfield and Starfield, Forza, and Hellblade 2 all had the old verbage. Black ops is the first.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Do you have a link? Bc this morning i went back to various videos with that outro thing to confirm and didn't find any
I saw it at the bottom of banner ads (for Game Pass in general) and the like, so I don't have a link.

I think Microsoft felt they needed to put that disclaimer in there since, of course, there is now a "Game Pass" plan that does not include many of the games they advertise as being part of Game Pass and they don't want to get sued. This is not a new thing they just started to do for CoD, I've seen it before.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I saw it at the bottom of banner ads (for Game Pass in general) and the like, so I don't have a link.

I think Microsoft felt they needed to put that disclaimer in there since, of course, there is now a "Game Pass" plan that does not include many of the games they advertise as being part of Game Pass and they don't want to get sued. This is not a new thing they just started to do for CoD, I've seen it before.
But like … if that was a concern they would've done that for the other titles released in the 8 months since Core came about i imagine