Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
uxzUA7D.png

Live from the Alamo where the Heartbreak Kid looks to dethrone Psycho Si... wrong generation.

But the Road to WrestleMania begins this weekend as the Royal Rumble PPV (or Premium Live Event) comes to us from Texas. Where 30 men and 30 women compete to be somewhere on the WrestleMania card.

This year's event will stream live on Peacock in the States and the WWE Network elsewhere in the world.

FniIX7CaEAIsxQj

Men's Royal Rumble
The Men's Royal Rumble is coming to us this year with a few tales. The American Nightmare Cody Rhodes returns from injury. Brock and Lashley got some unfinished beef and hopefully Rey and Dom cross paths.

FnVVpD-WQAA9zf7

Women's Royal Rumble
(As of this thread, can't find updated image with Damage CTRL), the Women's Rumble has not been given the same attention as anything this year, but it's got to be Rhea's year to win.

Elsewhere on the card...
20230109_RR_BrayLA_FC_Date--3daec16bfee43548402023cd1f43b6bf.jpg

The Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match between LA Knight and Bray Wyatt. They haven't really said WHAT this match is.

20230116_RR_BiancaAlexa_FC_Date--58093a96af236663aa2e11cf619d2afc.jpg

Raw Women's Championship

Bianca Belair vs The Fiend-ness Alexa Bliss. This feud has seen Alexa being drawn to the dark side, but not entirely so...

20230105_RR_RomanKO_FC_Date--ac136743e3d9475f2248fae44f625fe7.jpg

The WWE Undisputed World Title

Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens, a rerun of a title match from literally 2 years ago at the Royal Rumble, but this one has the X-factor of the Honorary Uce, Sami Zayn in the mix.

As of this thread, nothing else is on this card, but it is and will always be... ABOUT THE NUMBERS

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqK6gD4Pn0E

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
in that picture Roman has that chad jawline.
I wonder how Sami will be involved in that match.

wonder what legends/surprise guests will pop up in the royal rumble.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
The show is 60 minutes from me and I have zero interest. Sami is the only part of WWE I really have a passing interest in.

Also Vince McMahon is a piece of shit so please don't give them money.

BigSkinny0310

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Just resubbed to the Cock to watch it tomorrow. Always the most exciting period in wrestling.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
An OT for a WWE PPV, somebody still has hope. ;)
The Rumble can only be better than last year's because it can't be much worse. While I'm not sure about RAW ans Smackdown all the time, HHH should be able to book something fun..

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
get ready for some cody lol...

got 22, not too bad.

sami should win though. that's the story they've been telling and he should be the one to get the the big push and the win over roman.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
May God have mercy on the wrestlers who have unrecognizable entrance themes because WWE's music production has mostly gone to crap. That was one of the reasons the men's Rumble last year was such a slog to watch. They've had a year so tonight will be a good measurement on how much the current WWE fanbase cares about the midcard or NXT if any of their wrestlers show up.

I got 28 from the number generator.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Number generator gave me #14 for mens, #17 for women's.

Hoping both rumble matches are good - last year's to memory were a bit of a slog. Would be nice to see Carmello Hayes get a spot tonight, big fan of his - otherwise, pulling for Rhea and Sami to win.

zayndance.gif

(Spoiler tagged just incase...)

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out this was happening a few days ago when a YouTube ad popped up while I was watching AE-Dub. Doesn't seem to be much buzz.

Anyone still watching WWE simply does not care. However heinous the stories that keep coming out, they keep on watching.

It's ok because Vince isn't running things. (wink) Thin-skinned, racist, nazi-worshiping HHH is.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't watch WWE anymore, but I will probably check on a few clips afterwards. I will always check the interesting clips. My small thoughts on RR:

It makes me sick that WWE likely wont fully get behind Sami (put Belt on him) for one simple reason, they need too appeal to the fuckers in Saudi Arabia

My other thought is that Cody will be #1 and last until the end, cause that fucker is crazy

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I thought we were done with making OT's for this shite?

I think the regular people who did it stopped after the Saudi deal, but I don't think there was any rules out in place against it. I imagine this and Wrestlemania will get one since that's when the casuals come back to watch and then they will stop again

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I think the regular people who did it stopped after the Saudi deal, but I don't think there was any rules out in place against it. I imagine this and Wrestlemania will get one since that's when the casuals come back to watch and then they will stop again
Fair, I assumed since there weren't any (afaik at least) last year that they were fully banned.

Embarrassing to choose this as a time to try and bring them back whether it's an official ban or not.

ozhenson

May 26, 2022
In a world where there is so much good wrestling out there, I don't know how people can justify giving this garbage organization any money.

The Rumble hasn't even been novel since the early 2000s, so I just don't get the excitement.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Fair, I assumed since there weren't any (afaik at least) last year that they were fully banned.

Embarrassing to choose this as a time to try and bring them back whether it's an official ban or not.
The return of a WWE event OT comes nine days after Vince settles a fucking rape allegation, absolutely ridiculous

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I have to agree. It was nice not having WWE threads for such a long period of time. It was only a matter of time before someone made one again I suppose.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
The return of a WWE event OT comes nine days after Vince settles a fucking rape allegation, absolutely ridiculous

I have to agree. It was nice not having WWE threads for such a long period of time. It was only a matter of time before someone made one again I suppose.

Have the mods ever had any feedback on WWE threads? Probably an idea to have some kind of official decision one way or another on them before any thread turns into a back and forward - perhaps even a compromise of a disclaimer of sorts like in the old COVID discussions as there's bound to be casuals who will want threads for events like Royal Rumble and WrestleMania.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Hoping Rhea wins the women's Rumble. She's been one of the best things in wrestling lately & is really the driving force behind Judgment Day being relevant. She deserves the big push & her against Bianca at Mania would be a great match.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Feel bad for the talent (especially women) working there trying to make the best of it, but fuck putting more money in Vince McMahon's pockets. Plus there's just so much great wrestling outside of WWE available today.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
You're kidding me with this right? So racist, sexual assaulting, murderer, misogynist, and now rapist Trumper Vince being back in charge of the company with speculation that the company will be sold to the Saudis for billions of blood money is not enough to get some of y'all to stop promoting this shitty company?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of people are acting very Un-Ucey here. Would you deprive Sami Zayn of his moment? The Cody Rhodester's return and merch sales? Mountain Dew?

mild rumble hype. My only complaint is that Vince won't be in the rumble. I think it's worse that he's back but not on screen, you shouldn't be able to try to hide that baggage behind a door. Then, now, forever, together. Those words used to mean something. He'll never be gone from the company, they should hang a picture above the entrances for every arena they go to. Almost talking myself out of watching.

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
Keep the WWE shit contained in the WWE/General Wrestling thread with the people who still support this garbage company.

Status
Not open for further replies.