Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but this deserved its own thread imo. This is beyond "WWE games looking/playing bad". This legit looks like mediocre last gen games.

I thought Yuke's leaving at the very least wouldn't make the game worse. Looks like I was wrong. What the fuck happened here?

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds about right.

I don't think Yukes is the issue. It is the fact they don't give them time and freedom to experiment that is the problem.

Edit: Budget as well. They need to raise that shit.
Edit2: lol at that dialogue. Looks like Mean Girls WWE edition.

Vince you crazy son of a bitch. Give them a couple of years to overhaul. 2K as well needs to step up and give them more time.

Last edited:

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
Yukes left/got fired mid-cycle (they're working on a new non-WWE wrestling game now)

This is all on Visual Concepts (who had to spin up a new team and rebuild a bunch of shit apparently)

They probably should have skipped a year, but you know, money.

Create-A-Title got removed because the re-code was crashing the game apparently, and they're patching it back in later... supposedly

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I don't play wrestling games anymore but I remember a time when they were not yearly releases and the quality was much higher in it's time.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
This looks how the FIFA games used to look in the PS3 era. A generation behind! I can't believe how bad some of the guys look. Becky and Roman must has had the most amount of work on them and they still look like they are lacking a texture pass or two.

I've just thought of it but they remind me of the LA Noire.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't play wrestling games anymore but I remember a time when they were not yearly releases and the quality was much higher in it's time.

Yuke's have been developing WWE games non stop on a yearly basis, so I don't know which era are you talking about, the AKI games were the same and unless you are talking about fire pro wrestling, wrestling games before that were terrible, like LJN terrible

Oct 25, 2017
"ight, imma head out"
EF_gC_xX0A0KHOo

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry but this deserved its own thread imo. This is beyond "WWE games looking/playing bad". This legit looks like mediocre last gen games.

I thought Yuke's leaving at the very least wouldn't make the game worse. Looks like I was wrong. What the fuck happened here?

I prob need to get this game when is cheap

This is The Room type of quality.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yuke's have been developing WWE games non stop on a yearly basis, so I don't know which era are you talking about, the AKI games were the same and unless you are talking about fire pro wrestling, wrestling games before that were terrible, like LJN terrible
Thats crazy, I didn't even realize that lol

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-Yukes era. Actually the few smackdowns weren't yearly I believe

Oct 27, 2017
Like OK, does WWE not have quality control over this? Surely they must look at othe games and think maybe these games look like last gen.

Oh well, they probably know but don't care as long money gets made.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
It's sad, I was looking forward to a new character creator, since 2K18 and 2K19 was basically the same.

Do we know if Yukes future wrestling game will have one ?

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Yukes left/got fired mid-cycle (they're working on a new non-WWE wrestling game now)

This is all on Visual Concepts (who had to spin up a new team and rebuild a bunch of shit apparently)
But I thought Visual Concepts were the ones in charge of character scans and all that.

Babysamurai

Mar 25, 2019
With the huge fanbase (read: buyers) I never understood the lack of love that goes into these games. Even fans stop buying these games, no?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It was me austin its bo shit. It was me. *throws mic*

Oh hai Kane!

Lmao!!
TBH, I figured this game was going to be Ass. I believe this was the last game Yukes worked on. So, you will see their DNA all over the game. Maybe they will go over the top seeing as they didn't care anymore. Who knows, this looks way better (room level) than past 2K games.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Comes to something when we wish EA got the license instead

We've actually reached that point lol. EA games made lack any innovation, but atleast they have a ton of money pumped into them to up the quality.

Like OK, does WWE not have quality control over this? Surely they must look at othe games and think maybe these games look like last gen.

Isn't it the WWE that has the quota that a game must be released every year? They probably don't think they will actually sell any additional units if the game is of high quality, they will only improve it if there is significant sales drop or PR pushback.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
With the huge fanbase (read: buyers) I never understood the lack of love that goes into these games. Even fans stop buying these games, no?
I mean, FIFA, NBA and Madden just released this years editions and all are just as broken and they sold well. The same applies here. Only here, yeah, this looks like everyone put more effort in NBA.

TangFei

Banned
Aug 18, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised to see that this game had a short dev time and heavy use of third party contractors. Those two factors would probably end up with what we got here.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
This is a question that we ask ourselves year after year like clockwork

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

Well, this game seems to be inline with the rest of WWE's output in the past ten years so at least it's authentic

Oct 27, 2017
We've actually reached that point lol. EA games made lack any innovation, but atleast they have a ton of money pumped into them to up the quality.

Isn't it the WWE that has the quota that a game must be released every year? They probably don't think they will actually sell any additional units if the game is of high quality, they will only improve it if there is significant sales drop or PR pushback.
Wouldn't shock me if it was true (though I heard it was true what you said but I am not sure where I read it).

So yeah, hopefully it sells well enough so that the developers get paid but bad so that WWE would forced to try a different strategy.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

Because there's literally nothing else. Fire Pro Wrestling World had a good shot (and an NJPW tie-in to boot) but was WAY too expensive for the amount of content and had a stupid creation suite system.

Only one man can save us now.

Dj4seb6V4AAXaWh.jpg