Spazgadget

Oct 25, 2017
So... I'm absolutely LOVING VR2, and while my library is already overflowing with good software, I got to thinking... how many easy-to-port games would be awesome experiences in VR. It feels like there's SO much low-hanging fruit that (in my limited opinion) wouldn't be all that hard to shift to VR, and surprises me that more devs aren't doing ports for increased sales and visibility.

This list is by no means exhaustive (and I'd love to know yours), but here's some titles that came to mind that feel like they'd be amazing in VR:

What Remains of Edith Finch

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLMbJOx5b8w

The draw of this incredible environment constantly pulled me closer and locked me in. I already spent so much time peeping through doorholes, looking at spines of books, and soaking in the atmosphere of that house, but I can't imagine the pleasure of meandering that house in VR. Someone needs to make this happen.

The Witness

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ytwNUMdbcE

Drawing with the Sense controllers and looking around that beautiful island would be such a showcase for VR. I can't think of a better fit.

Inscryption

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAn7OxLub9Y

After enjoying the hell out of Demeo, I'm hungry for more "tabletop" experiences in VR, and having a deck to reach out and grab (deck, guys. DECK.) sounds like a blast. Also the creepy feel of that first area would be absolutely gorgeous in VR.

Subnautica

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJsIV5Uy9Qs

I'm running out of ways to say "this would be really cool in VR" but....this would be really cool in VR. The sense of immersion, scale, and vastness of the ocean would be incredibly enhanced in VR. Also I want to run around my very-cool base in VR. I need this.

Honorable mention (trailer no included)
The Pinball Arcade

Yeah, yeah, I know there's pinball in VR, but as someone who's played actual pinball for decades, there's absolutely no beating Pinball Arcade for realism. The fact that this hasn't been brought to VR is, to be frank, unthinkable.

Some others that came to mind but I didn't want to bloat the post:
  • The Outer WIlds (not worlds)
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Gone Home
  • Hindsight
What's on your list(s)?

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
It may be an obvious one but GTAV (since they have a first person mode). I would include Skyrim and Fallout 4 too.

Not so obvious ones would be Qube 1 and 2.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dream? Red Dead Redemption 2.

Realistic beg give me F1 23 with PSVR support. 22 got PCVR support would love to see it get supported. Assetto Corsa team already shut down hopes for PSVR 2 support so :-/

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Killzone 2. Or 3. Or Mercenaries. Shadow Fall would be dope too.

Look, I'm a simple man. Any Killzone would do :-)

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Last of us VR would be the best case scenario. For me I would take that in a heartbeat over Half Life Alyx too. Please ND let me hide from clickers in VR.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Real talk, I think the last thing PSVR needs are more experiences that are just like other VR games.

It really does need a landmark title that uses every single piece of that kit to make something that makes a VR experience more than a gimmick. Horizon is a nice first step but...

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
i just want a good looking Skyrim, damnit. it could be so beautiful on PSVR2... c'mon Bethesda, one more port!

i've never actually finished the game so it would be so cool to get really into it again but in VR and see all the stuff i missed a decade ago.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
PS3 games should be easy to port because their old and would play with 120fps natively, probably, I don't know 😂.

Killzone, Motorstorm and Resistance collection would be dope already...then ICO and SotC...GTA5...

Titan6062

Jul 29, 2022
In light of RE Village I'd have to put Amnesia: The Bunker on the list. A lot of the controls with mouse and keyboard already feel VR compatible like manually opening doors.

youtu.be

Amnesia: The Bunker - Monster Encounter Clip

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1944430/Amnesia_The_Bunker/Be wary of when the lights go out in Amnesia: The BunkerTwitter: https://twitter.com/frictional...

Look at that light, imagine ripping that in VR

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
Alien Isolation would be so good on this headset..

I also have a pitch for my dream VR game. G-Police VR: It would feature aerial combat just like the original.. flying through a cyberpunk city (More "blade runnery" than CP 2077). There's a great tech demo on steam / meta called Aircar that I strongly recommend that you try). This would be combined with on foot missions where you have to rescue hostages or eliminate gangs where the gameplay would be more on the tactical - realistic side (Think Swat 4 in VR). The loop woukd be flying through the city dog fighting gangs then landing on a convenience store / apartment / etc. to handle a hostage situation. You could command squadmates, use gadgets to infiltrate the place undetected.. etc. It would require a big budget.. but if done right..

Sho Nuff

Jan 6, 2019
Kyoto, JP
Honorable mention (trailer no included)
The Pinball Arcade

Yeah, yeah, I know there's pinball in VR, but as someone who's played actual pinball for decades, there's absolutely no beating Pinball Arcade for realism. The fact that this hasn't been brought to VR is, to be frank, unthinkable.

I got Virtual PinMAME working on a Vive for a hot minute, and I cannot express just how incredible it felt at 90fps. Virtual pinball at 120fps would be absolutely heavenly and it's a damn shame nobody's done it outside of the emulated stuff.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I've been playing a bit of Metroid Prime and it makes me wish that Nintendo would get on the VR train because it would be so good in VR.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Of the top of my head:
Portal
Bioshock
GTA V
RDR2
Cyberpunk 2077
Alien Isolation
Star Wars Jedi Knight
Subnautica
Stanley Parable
Firewatch
Outlast
Crysis
FEAR

Honestly, Sony needs to take the Oculus approach and invest in VR Remakes of old games like RE4 VR (Quest). Keep the same visuals and game design and just find a way to make them work in VR (most of these are VR-ready thanks to PC Mods)

Last edited:

ElCidTmax

Oct 28, 2017
Star Trek Bridge Crew is a lot of fun in PSVR 1 - would be much better with the new controllers

Star Wars Squadrons

Maybe something like Homeworld 3?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Having just played 6 hours of Destiny 2 Lightfall in cinema mode virtual 120" TV, I'd say Destiny 2 Lightfall.

Nobody said Puppeteer, that's not good, that's always what should be said in these threads.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Of the top of my head:
Portal
Bioshock
GTA V
RDR2
Cyberpunk 2077
Alien Isolation
Star Wars Jedi Knight
Subnautica
Stanley Parable
Firewatch
Outlast
Crysis
FEAR

Honestly, Sony needs to take the Oculus approach and invest in VR Remakes of old games like RE4 VR (Quest). Keep the same visuals and game design and just find a way to make them work in VR (most of these are VR-ready thanks to PC Mods)

Portal would be sick