• No way.

Votes: 146 64.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
DnNfyMFXgAEKCag

The Emmys are not known for timeliness. It's been stated repeatedly that they tend to award shows awards way after the fact, even if the show has declined in quality.

Enter Game of Thrones. No doubt worthy of writing awards in it's heyday, it was largely ignored (while garnering a few nominations but rarely awards) until season 5, where it would win it's first writing Emmy for Season 5 episode "Mother's Mercy", and then win another in Season 6 for "Battle of the Bastards".

Now, the show is over, and it's set records for Emmy nominations in it's final, and worst received, season.

Most people are on the same page with it deserving Emmys for technical aspects, while Emmys for acting contentious (some say the most talented actors had nothing to work with).

But the big question is whether or not the final episode, written by the show's creators, will receive an Emmy for the worst rated episode of the entire show.

What say you Era? Whether or not it deserves it, will the final episode of Game of Thrones WIN the writing Emmy?

Losers get an Avatar to rock throughout October.

The competition:

8IKOc8O.png

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, should really read properly before voting. I think it's a lock that GoT will win an Emmy, not confident against that slate for that award. It really shouldn't, anyways.

I'll pass on the avatar bet.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't avatar-bet for anything, but there's just no fucking way Iron Throne wins an Emmy.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes of course. I'm not doing an avatar bet because y'all take those way too seriously and ruin all the fun

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Probably. Things like these very rarely care about the actual narrative.

Not betting though.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Why in the hell would you not put "Knight of the Seven Kingdoms", the one that basically everyone likes and actually has quite good writing??

or at least good enough acting to not really tell the difference

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooo... this is a tricky one. Really could see it going to that episode but at the same time would the academy be that dense?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yes. The Emmys have been garbo for ages.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
The Iron Throne is one of the most boring episodes of TV I've ever watched, with a lot of shit writing packed in. It has barely 25 minutes of dialogue in the whole 80 minute episode. So yeah it'll probably win the best writing award...

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not getting in on the avatar bet but I do think it's going to win a bunch of undeserved awards based on the final season.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What we can definitely say is that it's GoT's award to lose, so if they actually do lose it'll be an incredibly damning indictment of the final season.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Its likely not going to win writing, But its going to get pretty much every other major award is what all the handicappers are saying.

Drama of the year, Best Supporting actor and actress. Direction as well I'm guessing.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
probably will because it takes the time to talk about how telling stories is the most important thing in the world

never underestimate the willingness of hollywood to self-congratulate

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Probably. If nothing else, it will be a reason for people to care about the emmys for 5 seconds online because of the outrage

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How you gonna bet an avatar when you gotta hold yours for like 4 months.
Edit - Oh wait, you voluntarily took it, that's right.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
If it wins for writing I am completely done with the medium. What a joke. I'm mad just thinking about it. They singlehandedly ruined the greatest story ever told, and turned it into the TV equivalent of having a dying leper take a dump in your gullet. Unforgivable.

Nov 1, 2017
The writing and directing awards have a better track record than the overall awards, so I don't think GoT will win writing. It will probably go to BCS or Succession.

But GoT will absolutely win Outstanding Drama Series and I'm fully prepared to be mad about it

Last edited:

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Not betting but if my boy succession doesn't win then imma be furious!!! The first 10 minutes of that episode gave me so much damn anxiety. Seriously if your not watching succession then sit your ass down and prepare to be blown away!!!!

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see this just to see D&D have to get up and accept it and give a speech with a straight face

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Killing Eve will probably win.

The image at the top of the thread is great. It would have been so cool to see the dragons fight, instead of whatever whirlwind tornado nonsense we got in The Long Night.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms never got nominated I will never know.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Who even submits episodes for consideration/nomination anyway? Did D&D submit the episode themselves? Or was it HBO? I guess the former, since it's the only way this makes sense and why it was the literal Worst Episode Ever instead of the solid (at least by S8 standards) A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.
if "the iron throne" beats out "winner", I will have lost all faith in humanity.
For real.

Why in the hell would you not put "Knight of the Seven Kingdoms", the one that basically everyone likes and actually has quite good writing??

or at least good enough acting to not really tell the difference
Because Dan and David didn't write that one.
Yuuuup

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Who even submits episodes for consideration/nomination anyway? Did D&D submit the episode themselves? Or was it HBO? I guess the former, since it's the only way this makes sense and why it was the literal Worst Episode Ever instead of the solid (at least by S8 standards) A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.

D & D might even have it in their contract that they pick the episode or something like that, but they definitely influenced the pick