• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, I really hope I didn't make anyone feel excluded by that, and if I did I'm sorry. I'm used to a common reply being "gay women like it too!" which is usually based on nothing, but I was trying to head it off. I'd rather have to deal with the point later than gloss over gay women's voices, though, so I should've phrased it better.
No worries! I was adding to your post, not reprimanding. :)

While it's a popular element for discussion, fan service wasn't the only element that revived Fire Emblem. Increased budget for presentation, marketing, modes for beginners with lack of perma-death, easier game modes allowing anyone to finish the story, all of these are filed under accessibility that doesn't get half of much of the credit for FE's elevation to Nintendo's top-tier IP as they should do.
Aye. A good counter-example is Shining Force.

Shining Force had even more blatant sexualization and fanservice in the games after SF3, due to the new lead artist being a hentai artist (lol). However, they had no major budgets or significant marketing, they changed the gameplay formula for a more "modern" action style (some of them were still SRPGs I believe, but far from all), no real support from Sega, poor localization efforts, etc.

And guess what, it's not selling despite pandering like this shit. People still love the classic Shining games (Shining Force 1, 2, 3, Shining Force Gaiden/CD, and Shining in the Darkness/Holy Ark) but no one gives a shit about modern ones, because not only they suck, but all the fanservice in the world ain't enough to save it.

That's an extreme response to something so ridiculous.
Wow.

The #1 "argument" from dudes barging in this thread is to tell women "vote with your wallet" or "buy something else". When someone literally said they do that, that's your answer? Really?

While we're on this subject, I'm fucking sick of zettai ryouiki. It seems like every female character in japanese video games HAS to wear it and I'm just sick of it. It's been done to the ground. It's not even attractive anymore because of how common it is.
Oh my. I had no idea there was an actual... term for this. xD I just always called it the "no-pants" design.

You are right, it's overwhelmingly common. Even in designs that are almost decent and respectful, you get this stuff. All the playable female characters in Trails of Cold Steel have it -- no, seriously, ALL of them have either this zettai thing or are sexualized in some other way. The Kiseki games are pretty decent with gender representation for the most part, but they are becoming increasingly pandering (it's worse now than it was in the Trails in the Sky era). Hell, just for laughs I googled "Trails of Cold Steel cast" and found... this xD

omq9R7z.jpg

LOL. I don't know who edited this pic, but I salute you.

"Ah, but!", said the hypothetical male countering this, "it's because they are students, and this is their uniform!". Correct, however, it's mighty convenient that the uniform for military students is so sexy for female students, hmm? Not to mention, I did say ALL playable female characters... and that includes the non-students. Behold, in order: the instructor, Sara; the new special student (who isn't wearing the school uniform -- oh, she's also like, 13), Millium; the not-so-secretly-badass maid, Sharon; the badass military officer, Claire... yeah.

And then there's the fact that in Cold Steel 2, they are no longer in school and therefore no longer wearing their school uniform, and yet... hmmmmm

latest

Perhaps I should be ashamed of my words and deeds and I will find out in Cold Steel 3 that it's actually illegal for women and girls to wearing pants in Erebonia.... >_>

For the women that responded, it seems a sexualized female fantasy is extremely difficult at best and impossible at worst.
You could have a "power fantasy" type of female character doing things like... I don't know, getting naked in the shower with her lover? But yeah, most female protags don't even get to so much as kiss a dude, let alone engage in sexy acts with them. Unless they're Bioware games where you design your character and you get to see a goofy sex animation I guess. xD

I love the Hawkeye initiative. Wish it was still being updated.

Also I've noticed lately some male comics characters have started to get a little more fanservicey, such as Loki, Namor, and Peter Quill. Which is fun.

6ktpCnz.jpg
cNR7h4R.jpg
HnsiRzS.png
jtHJ37V.png

Guys do often complain when they are forced to see male characters with a hint of sexualization, and it's unfortunate.

Those are some pretty good examples of what I'd call a "female gaze", actually. Those men are sexualized, and not in a power fantasy way at all. They are pretty much drawn and angled to be eye candy for straight women (and gay men).

This may not look like a huge example to some of you, but this kind of design is what helps keep this stuff normalised.
Absolutely. "Small" things like high heels, pigeon toes, no-pants, boobplate, corsets, etc. often ruin an otherwise really cool designs, like Shanoa, Ciri, etc. that just scream "look, she's a woman so she must be SEXY". Like the Cold Steel girls above. I mean, they aren't egregiously sexualized, but they still couldn't help themselves and give them mini skirts (and usually something else like a prominent chest, cleavage, or exposed midriff)... while the dudes all wear pants and closed shirts. Sigh.

I just realized with this Fire Emblem design discussion that Radiant Dawn also had Meg.

ATiex1i.png

I remember back then that I thought Meg was the... "strangest" female character because all the other female characters were cute, pretty and attractive and then, there was her. And I'm going to be honest here, I didn't want her in my team. I only wanted badass-looking men and women, I didn't like her design.
I kinda feel bad today though, especially when I say we need more diversity in female character design. She looks kinda cute actually, but her body isn't something "common".I wonder if she was a good character to have in the team.
Meg was terrible gameplay-wise. It's almost as if she was specifically created to be never used in your party and be the first character you dismiss for another one. :(

No idea, looks kinda like a 'scientist' archetype to me, so I suppose the random armor pieces are there mainly because they look cool. Then again, this is the male 'scientist'...

6X3JVpZ.jpg
Well, interesting how he has full pants, full chest protection, proper boots, a normal confident stance, and practical hair. Hmmmmmm

Last edited:

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of interesting and far more insightful takes here but I'll drop my own 2 cents on the subject because I seem to keep clicking on the thread from time to time.

I find the general opposition to progress in this area, and in some cases a lack of empathy, to be pretty tedious. It shouldn't be difficult try and put yourself in the shoes a different person and, with your own sensible disposition, think about how you might feel from a fundamentally changed perspective. I certainly wouldn't want to be dressing in a lot of the stupid outfits you see the majority of female characters/protagonists wearing. I wouldn't want to occupy the role of many of these characters who physically behave in a manner that gives me the impression the creator was more interested in making a fetish puppet. But it's pretty easy for the average guy to shrug and "whatever" his way out of an issue and not think about it.

Of course, there's widely differing personalities and preferences for any individual. I'm not opposed to variety. There's a decent amount of that for male characters. The field looks a lot different for women. It seems pretty pathetic.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, speaking of XB2, I was looking at the Blades' design the other day and I saw this:

This is like one of the most hideous design I have ever seen. There are so many things that are wrong in this design I don't know where to begin lmao.

Sadly, she's one of the better ones. Though to be fair, Morag (the character I keep posting on this thread) honestly might be my personal favorite design this year. It's just that one good design, even a really, really good one, doesn't really counter the repeatedly bad designs that show up.

Also, don't look Morag discussion up on the internet. Between the insistence that Morag is a guy because "girls shouldn't dress that conservatively" to the straight up creepy desire for there to be a scene where "they reveal her assets" I needed to take a shower after reading some of the comments. (Ok, I needed to take a shower anyways since I just went to the barber but the point still stands).

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder, all of those Blade things are done by hentai artists like the new Shining games or what?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder, all of those Blade things are done by hentai artists like the new Shining games or what?

All the rare blades were done by guest artists, and many of them are known for their more...lewd tastes. Hell, the fact that so many of these rare blades are so generic despite each of them being made by a different person just goes to show how prevalent (not to mention boring) this trend has become. Choco's designs are the worst though.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
All the rare blades were done by guest artists, and many of them are known for their more...lewd tastes. Hell, the fact that so many of these rare blades are so generic despite each of them being made by a different person just goes to show how prevalent (not to mention boring) this trend has become. Choco's designs are the worst though.

It's weird, because they get different artists, with no sign of coordination between them and the studio, so everyone does his shit and the result (atleast for me) seems to be a giant big mess. Like, it seems like each artist grabbed one of his reject designs and submited it to Monolith, and they simply accepted whatever crap they got.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I just got this message on psn from a random person a few minutes after my post here. The first time I've had this since I've never really spoken about my sexuality/gender identity in public before:

"The State of you"
"have a word with yourself".

Welcome to the club I guess...

Absolutely. "Small" things like high heels, pigeon toes, no-pants, boobplate, corsets, etc. often ruin an otherwise really cool designs, like Shanoa, Ciri, etc. that just scream "look, she's a woman so she must be SEXY". Like the Cold Steel girls above. I mean, they aren't egregiously sexualized, but they still couldn't help themselves and give them mini skirts (and usually something else like a prominent chest, cleavage, or exposed midriff)... while the dudes all wear pants and closed shirts. Sigh.

And it's often written off as nit-picking, or trying to take away from something people enjoy. Ultimately no one is asking for anything more than equal representation.

Equality is not oppression. It's really sad.

Last edited:

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
God, speaking of XB2, I was looking at the Blades' design the other day and I saw this:

This is like one of the most hideous design I have ever seen. There are so many things that are wrong in this design I don't know where to begin lmao.

I've had to stop looking at the blade designs because they're depressing me. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was at least some variety in there, but they're 90% waifu-pandering trash.

At least Soraya Saga got involved, at least?
DNcb4GUMAESBBW_thumb.jpg

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017

Tbh I might get shit for this but certain hentai artists just shouldn't be allowed to guest in more mainstream games if they aren't able to keep their little girl fetish at bay for more than 5 minutes. Pedophilic designs do not belong in what's supposed to be Nintendo's big December game. Sexualizing adult female characters is one thing and it's definitely harmful in a variety of ways, but sexualizing prepubescent girls is on a whole new level.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I think the result is sort of fascinating in a morbid sense. You get a bunch of artists together and simply tell them to design a character meant represent a weapon and the first thing they all pretty much scramble to is underclothed cute girls. Not my first thought when given a prompt like that but it seems to be the result. I don't know if they were given any sort of limitations in terms of gender ratio but I think someone mentioned in the other threads pointed out that more than half of the rare blade roster skews female so far. Guess none of them wanted to draw dudes that much, or clothes for that matter.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I've had to stop looking at the blade designs because they're depressing me. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was at least some variety in there, but they're 90% waifu-pandering trash.

At least Soraya Saga got involved, at least?
DNcb4GUMAESBBW_thumb.jpg

...What the hell is this monstrosity lol

I miss 90's JRPGs...

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I might get shit for this but certain hentai artists just shouldn't be allowed to guest in more mainstream games if they aren't able to keep their little girl fetish at bay for more than 5 minutes. Pedophilic designs do not belong in what's supposed to be Nintendo's big December game. Sexualizing adult female characters is one thing and it's definitely harmful in a variety of ways, but sexualizing prepubescent girls is on a whole new level.
I agree.

OP
OP
Persephone

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Should I update the OP, assuming anyone's even reading it at this point? Include some common arguments ("I like big tiddies, it's actually feminist", etc.) and maybe useful links if anyone has them?

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. It is THAT off-putting. As someone who owns nearly all the non-MMO Final Fantasy games, XV has not made it onto even my wishlist of things to maybe purchase in the future when they're incredibly cheap. The devs have managed to put me off an entire series with this. (Not that X didn't try hard itself, I am aware of the previous issues too).

I'm a male and had the same reaction. I can deal with some silly/sexualised designs here and there but Cindy I actually find offensively stupid. I refuse to touch the game in any form.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem has always had an issue with this, some games worse off than others, but either way there's always a Pegasus Knight in a miniskirt.
I think one of the more laughable examples are the dancers in FE4, the class itself is already silly for the middle of a war, but here they are barefoot in the game where the characters have to travel a massive distance in each battle.

The success of the newer games is certainly on better production values, some options that are kinder to casual players, and better marketing on Nintendo's part. Hopefully FE Switch has a new artist and the fanservice art direction gets turned down, but only time will tell.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I update the OP, assuming anyone's even reading it at this point? Include some common arguments ("I like big tiddies, it's actually feminist", etc.) and maybe useful links if anyone has them?

I'd appreciate it and I do think most of the "regular" readers here wouldn't mind. Wouldn't help for the average know-it-all troll that comes in here though since they clearly aren't reading it.

LunarEmerald

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: condescending, rudely dismissive, mansplaining
So since this conversation keeps going in loops what is the solution to this?
Some people just aren't going to listen to you unfortunately. So ignoring them, how do we fix the inequality? By buying more games with tasteful representation of women? I'm all for that as long as the game is good of course.
You aren't going to fix it. That train of thought is folly. You're pretty much asking for the entertainment media to change itself entirety. It's not going to happen. What you can do is stop being sensitive to it because nobody needs unnecessary stress in their life. I'll never understand why people choose to focus on what they don't like. Why look through at the world in a negative light? Why find things to complain about? What is the point of living if you surround yourself in negativity and stress yourself out by worriying about things beyond your control? Everybody, gaming is about having fun. If you don't like something then don't associate yourself with it. It's really that simple. Find things that you do like and focus on that.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Was on it, actually. I'll PM you what I got, I wanted to keep it concise, but let me know if you want to add more.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
You aren't going to fix it. That train of thought is folly. You're pretty much asking for the entertainment media to change itself entirety. It's not going to happen. What you can do is stop being sensitive to it because nobody needs unnecessary stress in their life. I'll never understand why people choose to focus on what they don't like. Why look through at the world in a negative light? Why find things to complain about? What is the point of living if you surround yourself in negativity and stress yourself out by worriying about things beyond your control? Everybody, gaming is about having fun. If you don't like something then don't associate yourself with it. It's really that simple. Find things that you do like and focus on that.

Yeah, I play games to have fun, which is why it's so fucking shitty to try to sit down and chill with a game only to be reminded that a good part of half the population only sees me as a chunk of meat with a hole they can fuck.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017

Well if there was equality then that would be a valid response. But we are far from achieving it yet. That makes ignoring it not that easy. Especially if you are into japanese games.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Meg was terrible gameplay-wise. It's almost as if she was specifically created to be never used in your party and be the first character you dismiss for another one. :(
Now now, Meg was strategically very useful in that one mission after you recruit here where you need someone to stand between the rest of your team and some Tiger Laguz for a round or two. She was a vital part of 'operation tiger bait' :D

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go again. Some western devs already said that videos like FF or talks in forum had helped them to raise awareness about this issue.

Let's stop this farse only because japanese devs don't give a fuck, look outside of Japan and the world is certainly changing in this area.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Sorry, that was aimed at this line that the other poster was responding to.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nah, one hundo percent on board with this. If you take a step back and consider xb2 in this light it's so effed up. Maybe they didn't expect the console to receive the mainstream success that they did, but I actually can't fathom why they feel the need to resort to this. That or this design method is just so ingrained into jrpgs at this point that it's goin right over their heads.

Harley Quinn

User was banned for account sharing.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arkham Asylum
User warned: concern trolling and extreme mansplaining
Because yes, if you have a game where all the dudes are covered from head to toe and your one female character is running around in a trash bag bikini and looking thoroughly uncomfortable about it, it's sexist. It reinforces the (already widespread, particularly in gaming "culture") idea that women are objects who exist solely for male titillation and pleasure. It's not "puritanism", it's wanting to be treated like goddamn people.

There's nothing wrong with a female character wearing a bikini if, for example, a game is set on a beach, and the male characters are in their swimming trunks. Complaining about that would be prudishness, and a little ridiculous. But it often seems like developers are so desperate for boobs that they're willing to break the audience's suspension of disbelief and hurt their own narrative in the process, and it's like, wow, do you really want to objectify women that badly? Can't you just leave us alone for five fucking minutes? Because Quiet breathing through her skin is not a compelling reason for a trash bag bikini, within the narrative or outside of it. If you really, really want to stick with the skin-breathing, fuck, just dress her in a sports bra and running shorts. At least that would be practical, and not grossly out of character. Cindy is a mechanic in the fucking desert who walks around in hot pants and a bikini top, because she has grease-repelling skin that never burns, I guess. Meanwhile, Noctis and co. roll up in jeans and t-shirts. It's like, okay, we get it, this game is for dudes and the women are there for eye candy. Can we stop now, please? We're just so fucking tired of this. And then we get steamrolled by dudes who barge in and try to insist that this shit is actually empowering and we're just prudes, and, like, we get it, you don't want anyone to take your boobs away, stop pretending it's some righteous cause, thanks.

1. IMO it's distasteful to insult designers and call their designs "trash" multiple times in a single post, no matter how much you hate them. Criticisms and insults are two different things, and I think your post was leaning to the latter.
2. Your title is misleading. Nowhere do I find why women criticized sexualised character designs. It should be titled "Why I criticized sexualised character designs", simply of the fact that you were not speaking for other women besides yourself, nor you providing any statistics to back up your claims(how many women would insult the designers the way you did? for example).
3. Are you implying that men don't criticized sexualised character designs as much as women do with a thread like this? Is there any reason and what's your intention to minimize men with your thread?
4. Quiet and Cindy and Mario and Kratos, etc. are game/fantasy characters, so asking for them to be treated like real people is baffling. FYI Snake and Raiden were running around naked in their games too(not just Quiet), and none of the characters in FFXV were wearing appropriate clothings for combat(not just Cindy). So do you see what's wrong? You are asking for fantasy games to be realistic and you are fighting for the rights of game characters.
5. Quiet and Cindy are side characters who are barely in their respective games. Did you really let that stop you from enjoying the games? Seriously?

I just hope that people can play games the way they are meant to be played and try to enjoy them as much as they can, and know the differences between games and reality. Do you not understand that while you are protecting the rights of game characters you are actively insulting real life people(game developers)? Do you really think that you are accomplishing anything here in a gaming forum?

Personally how I would fight for women's right in real life: Vote, donate, protest on the streets, educate, get involved, and behave as a decent human being in the real world. Insulting game developers in a gaming forum is just not my thing personally, that's all.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It's just getting hilarious at this point.

You're 1000% in the wrong here, btw.

MaskedNdi

Oct 25, 2017
Your title is misleading. Nowhere do I find why women criticized sexualised character designs. It should be titled "Why I criticized sexualised character designs", simply of the fact that you were not speaking for other women besides yourself, nor you providing any statistics to back up your claims(how many women would insult the designers the way you did? for example).

You know, I have read through all 52 pages of this thread, and I have not seen a single woman complain about Persephone's thread title. The people that have been saying things like "you don't speak for all women" are men. The women that post here can speak for ourselves. You do not speak for any of us, so please stop trying to.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
It's just so baffling, considering they began including people of different ethnicities in their games, as of late. So them allowing this kind of sexualization seems to counter their move to be more inclusive.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
1. IMO it's distasteful to insult designers and call their designs "trash" multiple times in a single post, no matter how much you hate them. Criticisms and insults are two different things, and I think your post was leaning to the latter.
2. Your title is misleading. Nowhere do I find why women criticized sexualised character designs. It should be titled "Why I criticized sexualised character designs", simply of the fact that you were not speaking for other women besides yourself, nor you providing any statistics to back up your claims(how many women would insult the designers the way you did? for example).
3. Are you implying that men don't criticized sexualised character designs as much as women do with a thread like this? Is there any reason and what's your intention to minimize men with your thread?
4. Quiet and Cindy and Mario and Kratos, etc. are game/fantasy characters, so asking for them to be treated like real people is baffling. FYI Snake and Raiden were running around naked in their games too(not just Quiet), and none of the characters in FFXV were wearing appropriate clothings for combat(not just Cindy). So do you see what's wrong? You are asking for fantasy games to be realistic and you are fighting for the rights of game characters.
5. Quiet and Cindy are side characters who are barely in their respective games. Did you really let that stop you from enjoying the games? Seriously?

I just hope that people can play games the way they are meant to be played and try to enjoy them as much as they can, and know the differences between games and reality. Do you not understand that while you are protecting the rights of game characters you are actively insulting real life people(game developers)? Do you really think that you are accomplishing anything here in a gaming forum?

Personally how I would fight for women's right in real life: Vote, donate, protest on the streets, educate, get involved, and behave as a decent human being in the real world. Insulting game developers in a gaming forum is just not my thing personally, that's all.

Calling a design trash is not insulting anyone, please don't spin things to make posters look bad. Also don't overreact to the title, as a men criticizing this issue I don't find myself excluded from the talk.

If you think this is about treating fictitional characters like real humans you're missing the point soooo much.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of prepubescent girls...

I (used to) play Blade & Soul a whole bunch, and they have a race of cute little animal people called the Lyn. Now, at first the grand majority of their costumes were unisex - as in literally completely 100% identical between the male and female versions of the race. Then, at some point down the line, they decided to treat the Lyn more... equally... to the other races. You can probably guess where this is going.

To wit, we went from this:

To this (spoiler'd for obvious reasons):
Wx27rmR.jpg
vtk6Ufn.jpg

(yes, you can literally see her underwear here)
VgPffMO.jpg
OcekgGN.jpg
So... in other words, instead of reining in the incredibly blatant sexism, they instead decided that catering to literal pedophiles is more important.

That should tell you about all you need to know about the societal position of women in Korea.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
You know, I have read through all 52 pages of this thread, and I have not seen a single woman complain about Persephone's thread title. The people that have been saying things like "you don't speak for all women" are men. The women that post here can speak for ourselves. You do not speak for any of us, so please stop trying to.
Yuuuuup. I'll add this to the OP, actually. Which I've edited with a mini-FAQ that I hope will be helpful.

Harley Quinn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arkham Asylum

I never claim to speak for anyone unlike OP, so read again?

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Are you implying that men don't criticized sexualised character designs as much as women do with a thread like this? Is there any reason and what's your intention to minimize men with your thread?
Men do criticise designs, in this very thread even. The problem is that it's womens' voices that are minimized more often than not. You have ladies posting in this thread and guys responding with "As a man however..." They aren't just sitting back and listening, they just want to argue that women are overreacting and trying to ruin "muh vidya gamez"

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No, an insult would be to call the DESIGNER trash. You should really work on separating the art from the artist.

2. Your title is misleading. Nowhere do I find why women criticized sexualised character designs. It should be titled "Why I criticized sexualised character designs", simply of the fact that you were not speaking for other women besides yourself, nor you providing any statistics to back up your claims(how many women would insu
If you read the thread, you would find a large quantity of women posters agreeing with the OP. Perhaps reading threads in their entirety should be made mandatory prior to replying.

This is a thread from the point of view of women. I did not see the OP state that men's views ought to be minimized. Many males have participated in the thread, agreeing with the OP despite not being women. The OP has not replied to any of those males and asked them to leave her thread, so evidence suggests she is not minimizing men.

Actually, OP is fighting for her own rights. Her right to participate in, and not be inherently excluded from, a commercial enterprise.

Are you really stopping this random person from letting you enjoy the ResetEra forum as a whole? Seriously?

I just hope that people can play games the way they are meant to be played and try to enjoy them as much as they can, and know the differences between games and reality. Do you not understand that while you are protecting the rights of game characters you are actively insulting real life people(game developers)?
Game developers can handle criticism of their commercial art. They should just grow a thicker skin if they can't handle it.

Do you really think that you are accomplishing anything here in a gaming forum?

It appears that ordering women about, with no insight into their personal lives in the real world, IS your thing.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
[...] What you can do is stop being sensitive to it because nobody needs unnecessary stress in their life. [...]
Wow, okay. Dude who lives a life privileged enough to not have to constantly deal with his sex being belittled for no good reason telling women to "stop being sensitive" because of course it's that easy, right? Woo yeah, I'll get right on it, buddy! (Sigh.)

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Uh, because I care about the issue and want to address and and discuss it? I love games, just because they deserve criticism doesn't mean I can't stop loving them.

You'll never truly understand or sympathize with this issue unless it affects you directly. Which it hasn't, clearly.

Harley Quinn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arkham Asylum
Calling a design trash is not insulting anyone, please don't spin things to make posters look bad. Also don't overreact to the title, as a men criticizing this issue I don't find myself excluded from the talk.

If you think this is about treating fictitional characters like real humans you're missing the point soooo much.

If you design something people call it trash, you don't think it's insulting?

Well I felt excluded from the talk from the thread title, so....

OP first post was asking for them to be treated like real people literally.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never claim to speak for anyone unlike OP, so read again?

And where does the OP claim she speaks for everyone? Because women doesn't mean all women. It can mean a group of women, it can mean women in a general sense, it can mean a lot of things. Everyone else seem to get on the page right away that she didn't mean all women, only you.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is sarcasm because it reads as "it doesn't affect me, so who cares?" which is useless as a discussion.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

I have no idea how you cannot see how incredibly dismissive and condescending this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.