Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
So, yeah, they insist on not officially cancelling it, but there have been zero news since the "game"'s console "launch". Like, zero, Nothing, nada. It's like it doesn't exist, which is probably true.

They are contractually obligated to release them, right? Can they walk around that by... never releasing them but never cancelling them either? lol

I remember last year in June Concept was asked about it and they were like yeah it's totally coming out this year!

Fast forward more than one year later and... yeah

Are they just hoping people forget about it? lol

Remember that there's people who are still waiting for their 3DS and Vita codes. They haven't oficially canceled them despite the fact that they are obviously never coming, and they haven't offered refunds

Last edited:

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Why hasn't Steep for Switch been cancelled yet?

Developers are weird about these things sometimes

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Why hasn't Steep for Switch been cancelled yet?

Developers are weird about these things sometimes
Sure but this is a kickstarter game and there are people who backed for the 3DS or the Vita versions and they are supposed to be getting their key someday lol

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
It's a game that is in the "shall not be named" pile. Like you said.

If they officially come out and say it, people will be like "yeah we knew that was coming" which will make no difference and remind everyone the game actually came out. Might as well hope people just forget the game as a whole ever existed

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, they never even came out? Designing for the lowest common denominator hardware is one of the big reasons the game was such a mess.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
It's a game that is in the "shall not be named" pile. Like you said.

If they officially come out and say it, people will be like "yeah we knew that was coming" which will make no difference. Might as well hope people just forget the game as a whole ever existed
But, again, there are backers waiting for their supposed 3DS and Vita keys

IsaacC

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 17, 2018
T
So, yeah, they insist on not officially cancelling it, but there have been zero news since the "game"'s console "launch". Like, zero, Nothing, nada. It's like it doesn't exist, which is probably true.

They are contractually obligated to release them, right? Can they walk around that by... never releasing them but never cancelling them either? lol

I remember last year in June Concept was asked about it and they were like yeah it's totally coming out this year!

Fast forward more than one year later and... yeah

Are they just hoping people forget about it? lol
hey havent cancelled it because backers like myself who backet it because they wanted a Vita version will raise a big stink and demand some sort of compensation. Obviously after giving those goofs $80 of my hard earned cash, and being sorely disappointed by the game, I really don't care if it comes to Vita or not.

I am just happy that IntiCreates made Mighty Gunvolt Burst...that game completely makes up for the horror that was mighty #9. And reinforces my belief that is Capcom does a Mega Man X9 they need to bring Inti back to develop it.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
3DS backer here. It sucks for all those legitimately awesome kickstarters, but I'll probably never back another.
Oh god, they never even came out? Designing for the lowest common denominator hardware is one of the big reasons the game was such a mess.
I'm fairly certain they had always said that the handheld ports would be done externally after the fact, so they probably didn't play any role whatsoever in the mess we got.

Dark-VIII

Oct 27, 2017
right there with the PS3 ver of Last Remnant

Edit: didn't know some one else made the joke, sorry :(

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Comcept hasn't "officially" cancelled it because then they'd have to refund everyone who backed them. They wasted all their money so they're unable to. Backers should absolutely get together and demand a refund though. What Comcept did was highway robbery.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
May as well take care of it with a quick and dirty Switch port and refund everyone who doesn't want that version instead of 3DS/Vita. But... as mentioned they probably lack the money for refunds at this point. Or making a port like that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Level 5 should just buy codes for Mighty Gunvolt Burst from inticreates and give 3DS owners that. Better than what other platform backers got.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Better to be quiet about it and hope it doesn't get brought up then too make an official announcement which will cause a lot more people to talk about it. It's gone and it's never coming back.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
The retail PS4 version actually included PSN code for the Vita version, at least in Europe. Advertised on the box too. Under EU retail law they'd probably have to refund everyone if they officially cancel the Vita version.

OP
OP
Alvis

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
The retail PS4 version actually included PSN code for the Vita version, at least in Europe. Advertised on the box too. Under EU retail law they'd probably have to refund everyone if they officially cancel the Vita version.
ay lmao

Isn't there supposed to be a physical Vita version too? And Sony is stopping Vita cartridge production soon...

iag

Oct 27, 2017
They will wait for the systems to be officially discontinued to say they won't release it for them. Who am I kidding? They will do nothing.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I've been trying to run this down for a while. Last people I talked to told me to ask Comcept, who directed me to Level-5, which is where it dead-ended.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not happening given that both the Vita and 3DS are reaching the end of their lifespan and since no-one seems to be willing to take Comcept and Level-5 to court, they pretty much get away with it.

As someone said the only reason why they haven't officially cancelled it is because they would have to offer refunds or another prize equal to its value.

Yeah agree...

Where is Inafune by the way?

At Level-5.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I actually emailed Deep Silver about the false promise of an included Vita version on the PS4 box just recently and customer service gave me this reply:

"The Vita version of Mighty No 9 is unfortunately still in development. No release date has been set so far.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused by this long delay."

I was hoping for something more, at least a cancellation, something, anything. Not going to waste any more time on it.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
I actually emailed Deep Silver about the false promise of an included Vita version on the PS4 box just recently and customer service gave me this reply:

"The Vita version of Mighty No 9 is unfortunately still in development. No release date has been set so far.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused by this long delay."

I was hoping for something more, at least a cancellation, something, anything. Not going to waste any more time on it.
can't wait to see UE3 on the 3DS, assuming they've tried to port it down rather than remaking it for portables, and I guess that's assuming they've done anything at all.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
You know what would be hilarious? If the Vita/3DS versions are 2D remakes that iron out the kinks, and it's actually really good. Like a reverse sonic unleashed(Wii vs 360/PS3).