jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I got both wired at home, I'm at my in-laws on same wifi connection, and I can play Spiderman pretty flawlessly on PS5 remote play, but Fallen jedi on Xbox staggers, lags, and breaks. The symbol changes from 3 bars to 1 bar, to 0 bars etc. Yet 30 minutes into Spiderman its been super stable, and Fallen jedi can't last 5 minutes without issues

Funny enough straight from xcloud tends to work better for me, but fallen jedi isn't available to stream direct right now

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
The good remote play for Xbox is deprecated with the the Xbox Companion App, stuck on Xbox One :(

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The good remote play for Xbox is deprecated with the the Xbox Companion App, stuck on Xbox One :(
The two experiences are so radically different for me that it makes no sense. One is flawless, the other is a mess. Can't be my connection since both are wired, and I'm on the same wifi at my in-laws. Kinda strange to me

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I got both wired at home, I'm at my in-laws on same wifi connection, and I can play Spiderman pretty flawlessly on PS5 remote play, but Fallen jedi on Xbox staggers, lags, and breaks. The symbol changes from 3 bars to 1 bar, to 0 bars etc. Yet 30 minutes into Spiderman its been super stable, and Fallen jedi can't last 5 minutes without issues

Funny enough straight from xcloud tends to work better for me, but fallen jedi isn't available to stream direct right now

Sony has been doing remote play since Lair on PS3 at least and has supported it across two of their own handhelds, would be weird if they weren't better at it by now.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
For whatever reason, remote play over WIFI on my local network is more responsive with PS5 than what my PS4 Pro ever was.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I tended to have issues with remote play on PS4. But I played an hour of Ghost of Tsushima on PS5->PS4 with remote play, and it was near flawless. First great remote play experience I've had.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
For whatever reason, remote play over WIFI on my local network is more responsive with PS5 than what my PS4 Pro ever was.

Same, I had minor skips and would get rare lag spikes on PS4 Pro, but I haven't seen any issues with PS5. Nothing about my setup has changed besides the PS5 upgrade, so I would imagine they either got a better network interface in there or maybe better encoding hardware

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I've had the opposite experience (in the sense that Xbox streaming is preferable), for both wired and wireless setups in my home. Wireless all but requires using the 5 ghz band, though, at least for my taste. PS4 Pro in particular seemed to have its own oddball skips and interruptions that I was never able to eliminate.

To OP's point though, I do have the same experience of xCloud actually working a bit better than console streaming.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Once I wired my PS4 Pro to my network Remote Play became a lot lot better– I actually played through the majority of FFVIIR on my iPad Pro.

I have had struggles with my Xbox One X not working really well (wired too). Lots of hitches and stutters and whatnot.

Haven't really given my PS5 a try yet… I'm assuming wireless will be a lot better with the PS5's better wifi compared to PS4.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Wait wat. I knew PS4 allowed remote play with my Vita, I had NO IDEA I could use my computer or phone for PS4 and PS5.

Gotta set this up tonight :D

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so this is the other thread I heard about, just for your info I can't even get remote play to start on ps5 through my iPhone 11

Last edited:
OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah this is amazing!
But is there no way to connect my Dualsense to my iPhone?
for some odd reason, dualsense right now doesnt work for android or iphone to remote play ps5 games.....yet you can use ps4 controller to remote play ps5 games, makes no sense

the app itself only mentions DS4, not dualsense

jimbosimbo

Nov 9, 2020
My Series X remote play works really well, the colours always looks off though (think it's a HDR thing) .. latency is good.

I never got on with PS4 remote play, haven't tested PS5.