Who’s your favorite white guy, black guy duo?

• Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder

Votes: 196 37.1%
  • Eddie Murphy/Judge Reinhold

Votes: 17 3.2%
  • Danny Glover/Mel Gibson

Votes: 154 29.2%
  • Eddie Murphy/Dan Aykroyd

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Cleavon Little/Gene Wilder

Votes: 35 6.6%
  • Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones

Votes: 104 19.7%

• Total voters

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
lshdFuc.png

Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines

Yeah, Running Scared is a classic. Fight me...

OP forgot the best Eddie Murphy combo.
d2abfff3e752c0f83ed7790ad5b22bbd.jpg

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Here to support Turk and JD. I mean come on their podcast has reinvigorated the duo more than ever

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Not the best by any stretch, but I'd definitely like to see more Falcon and Winter Soldier stuff on screen. The slower episodes with Sam and Bucky were my favorites.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Turk and JD, without a doubt. They're both best friends IRL too!

EDIT: Oh, in an action movie?

Danny Glover and Mel Gibson then.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Let's just say I've got an unhealthy adoration for the Lethal Weapons films

Danny and Mel

I enjoy Lethal Weapon movies

hoping for the fifth film to happen

I voted for Gibson/Glover but I am warming up to Bucky/Sam.

And if disregarding the white requirement, Chan/Tucker were legit.

Okay that's a great call lol.

Oh very cool. One of my all-time favorite movies. Woody and Snipes had great chemistry. I would pick them if it wasn't a one-off movie.

I'm obviously a big Eddie Murphy fan, but he either overshadowed his co-stars or they were kind of on separate tracks. Judge Reinhold was more of a quirky sidekick in the BHC movies, not a true partner duo.

My pick is Danny Glover and Mel Gibson. Primarily because their duo had longevity over 4 films and two decades. And the chemistry evolved over 4 films. Also race was acknowledged and sometimes relevant to the plot, but it wasn't the only defining characteristic with endless white/black jokes. It actually felt like what a real friendship with a black and white guy is like. Yeah sometimes race comes up, but ultimately it's two humans being friends. I think it's a mistake to make it the everything just as it is to completely ignore it. Glover and Glbs struck that perfect balance, IMO.

Mel Gibson is a fucking racist piece of trash that works with the alt right so I dont see why he has a place in a poll like this.

Wasn't Mel Gibson on some crazy racist shit? Surprised that's got like 1/3 of total and nobody posting about it ITT.

You are correct sad that no one else called it out.

Out of the choices Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder otherwise Gus and Shawn.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
My votes are for Turk/JD and Shawn/Gus

Honorable mention is for Brooklyn 99. Although he only appears once per season, the episodes where Doug Judy and Jake Peralta are together are absolute gold.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Zach and Donald are also still at it all these years later. The most recent thing I remember hearing is Donald being cast as Booster Gold in one of the CW DC shows and Zach basically asking for a part for himself to work with Donald.

Oh, I know. I'm more just talking about the fact that James and Dule made another Psych movie last year and their on-screen character chemistry is still as perfectly crystalline as it was eight years ago when the show ended.

If we got more Scrubs episodes with Turk and JD I'm sure we'd see the same thing, since Donald and Zach are still best buds.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Where are Turk and JD?

Ope I reread the OP and now I see why they're not on the list. Carry on.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Take away Judge Reinhold, and add my man Nick Nolte. 48 Hrs. >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beverly Hills Cop

R.5ff4dd33847f8c5f93d59d58fb30ecb3

Was looking for this, I saw 48 Hours again for the first time in over 25 years, maybe the version I had on tape was a network edit but holy shit I didn't remember all the racism and racist language. Though I guess it was fitting with almost all of it coming from cops.
Yep, Nolte's character is racist as fuck. It's a bit hard to watch these days, but the movie is great.

For me Pryor and Wilder, I mean that's just a classic combo with two absolute legends.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
I assume JD and Turk are winning this despite not being on the poll.