Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to make one more Final Fantasy thread before Persona takes over my life for the next week.

Final Fantasy has some of the best villains in RPG history IMO, but I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that Kefka and Sephiroth tend to hog the spotlight when it comes to favorites list.

So who are you favorite FF villains besides Sephiroth and Kefka?

I've always loved Kuja with his arc of going from a power hungry drama queen to dealing with the concept of his own mortality and how he takes out his anger on the world itself. His relationship with Zidane in both the game and Dissidia is some of my favorite interactions.
latest

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Emet Selch is better than both. Hes the best. He arguably is justified too which makes it better.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta be Gilgamesh.

tumblr_ox12cfMJ5K1u9t5z9o5_540.gif

Sorta like how he just keeps appearing after falling through a portal.

Some may know him as Greg.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I always liked Seymour from Final Fantasy X. He doesn't have too many scenes to shine, but a couple of them are really memorable to me. I loved this bit before the Sin Spawn fight.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Probably Ultimecia.

But not gonna lie I've never been attached to any FF villains.

Oct 30, 2017
I really liked Vayne Solidor from 12 as a villain. His character was always interesting to me while on screen, and the final fight was really damn cool.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Kuja for sure. A shame he got upstaged by one of the biggest space flea from nowhere in JRPG history.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what makes 14 dude so special? I'm only just dipping my toe into XIV so I don't imagine I'll see it myself any time soon.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
So what makes 14 dude so special? I'm only just dipping my toe into XIV so I don't imagine I'll see it myself any time soon.
he managed to single-handedly redeem the "shadowy manipulators behind literally everything" group by being actually really well-written and motivated.

and he's a charming rat of a man

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shout-out to Shinra, (esp Hojo) even though they eventually took a backseat. They're more memorable to me than the non-VI and VII villains.

And even though there's an asterisk with him/it as the villain, and it was basically just like a Weapon, Sin was highly memorable for me. Just the look and scale.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Never did I imagined this goofy looking guy that seemed like a pantomime villain would end up becoming my favorite FF villain.
One of the reasons I think I like him, and I know a lot people would probably disagree with the comparison, but he kind of reminds me of Kefka in that sort of amusing/comedic unhinged dandyness.

But more human and sane. Well....saner.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
man I'm so excited to get to Shadowbringers.. but its gonna take a while. Still haven't finished Heavensward yet and I've been playing for months already.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I like Ardyn quite a lot.

Kuja and Caius are other standouts too, with a special shoutout to Caius having an absolutely amazing theme song.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like the game but found Ardyn in FFXV likeable and had swag, excellent voice acting too.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Delita is one of my favorite "villains" period so uh yeah, no need for the caveat, I'd easily take him over Sephy and Kefka.

Caius was actually pretty memorable for me just cause of how the game ended, boy did he fuck over everyone and he got what he wanted. But that's it though, I didn't really find him compelling outside of that.

I should play 15 one day, hear good things about Ardyn.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Vayne and Delita are two of my favourite villains. It helps that both have their own character arc. Cutscenes wholly dedicated to them instead of just being relevant to the party's actions. Instead of being a roadblock, you see them going up in the world and becoming a real, genuine threat with their own prowess as fighters and politicians.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Ardyn was okay, he didn't have near enough screen time though. What was there was fun though.

Deleted member 3924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ardyn fucking sucks, reaffirming FF as having awful villains outside of the few people already know were decent.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
If you're just taking those two villains away and not other options from those two games I have to give it to The Turks. In a game featuring Sephiroth it's hard to stand out as a baddie, but it's actually the Turks who are your more day to day villains. Also, I love my villians with a dab of humor, and with sexuality. The Turks accomplish this is because they are basically normal humans living normal, every day lives. As seen when you run into them in Wutai and they're just chillin not really giving a fuck about you.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If minor villians count, I actually want to change my pick:

ppbpCyq.jpg

SNES JRPG comedy relief villians were the shit.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My vote goes to Delita. I don't think there's a villain in the series that I want to kill more than him which may be because we never get to hand him his ass. Now for a comedy relief villain then without a doubt that would be Don Corneo for me.