• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Bad faith and disingenuous arguments, antagonistic and trolling other users, long history of infractions.
Or more accurate, I gave you a valid answer to the question of what he proposed and you didn't have a good retort.

This ain't 4chan bub, it's really easy to spot when people are bailing on a debate for a lack of knowledge and preparation.
K. Guess you win ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You still misunderstood the article.

J.R. Ewing

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yoknapatawpha
Except again discussing US Imperialism is a rational and worthwhile conversation.

Discussing women's lib as cause for incels is not.

They aren't comparable

It's a terrible analogy because one should be shut down from the get go and the other shouldn't.

They do not at all come from the same intellectual or emotional places.

Douthat was discussing the "Hefnerian excesses" of the sexual revolution and the central importance placed by society on sexual experience in its wake, not "women's lib" generally. That's an unfair carciature of the argument.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
K. Guess you win ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You still misunderstood the article.
This is it folks, era has reached peak discussion.

Can't be improved upon.

I can't even fathom what could possibly be done to make this thread better, no sir.

No problems in front of me. None whatsoever. Right in front of me. Right there. Nothing wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
I apparently misunderstood the article, but I'm sure ashep will elaborate upon this rather than smirking about how much he knows, because he's a poster who operates in good faith.