ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
brand-history-timeline.jpg

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck I said out loud when it read it "oh I do" assuming this was going to ve some bad ad rebrand theead

Fuck you all with this revisionist historical dimension.

Apr 2, 2021
I remember it, but I think there might be some similar image/logo that confused us, and that maybe people remembering it wrong/confusing it with another logo then made references and parodies that strengthened this belief.

The only thing I can remember right now that supports this is that when Cartman shits his pants in an episode of South Park there is a cornucopia in the logo, wouldn't be surprised if there other instances of this in pop culture as well.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Great, now I have to wonder what all else I'm remembering wrong. I also thought there was a cornucopia at one point.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
I remember it, but I think there might be some similar image/logo that confused us, and that maybe people remembering it wrong/confusing it with another logo then made references and parodies that strengthened this belief.

The only thing I can remember right now that supports this is that when Cartman shits his pants in an episode of South Park there is a cornucopia in the logo, wouldn't be surprised if there other instances of this in pop culture as well.

That's not as definitive as one would think as there's plenty of media were they use "Mirror Mirror" instead of the correct "Magic Mirror"

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
If you're gen X or early millennials, I think that cornucopia was from old Thanksgiving decorations.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
This is the first of these that has ever gotten me. Like...that logo in the OP immediately brings me back to being in the men's department in the Zellers, wishing I was upstairs in electronics.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I never remembered one but the one in that image looks very natural.

Atlas_XIX

Oct 29, 2017
Yes I remember it, only thing I can think of is that there was some mass produced knock off that we all had.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I thought there was for a long time, too, but realized a year or so back there wasn't. Probably confused it with another logo.

Apr 2, 2021
That's not as definitive as one would think as there's plenty of media were they use "Mirror Mirror" instead of the correct "Magic Mirror"
yeah im not saying fruit of the loom ever had it, just that there might have been some other logo that did, and people merged it with that in their heads. Then when they portrayed the logo in pop culture they did so with this merged version, resulting in the mass confusion seen in this thread.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I absolutely remember that in the logo. I remember thinking what a cool texture drawing that was.

What is this crazy town they're selling us now? What's next? The Kool Aid man only came through the ceiling?

MyDudeMango

Jul 17, 2021
Canada
Wacky, I remembered it as being that too. It's almost certainly just that we're used to seeing other depictions of fruit arrangements like that being accompanied by a cornucopia, so it causes us to fill that false detail in that detail in memory I guess. Same as assuming it's Berenstein and not Berenstain because we know lots of names ending in -stein but not many ending in -stain.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I just asked my wife if she could tell me what the Fruit of the Loom logo is and she said, "yeah, it's a cornucopia"

I'm having a hard time right now.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Well then what the fuck had a cornucopia in it??

Riddle me this, Sinbad denier.

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
This is some Close Encounters of the Third Kind shit. If you had asked me to draw the logo from memory or build a model of it from garbage in my living room, it would have been exactly the one with the cornucopia from the OP.