Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Setsuka was the first character who I genuinely enjoyed to use competitively in SC3/4 and it's a fucking shame she will never return.

Otherwise, it's Yoshimitsu > Setsuka > Talim > Hilde > Secret Apprentice.

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
That's a funny way to spell Raphael.
Raphael-Sorel-Soul-Calibur-b.jpg
STAB STAB STAB STABSTABSTABSTABSTAB!

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Setsuka was the first character who I genuinely enjoyed to use competitively in SC3/4 and it's a fucking shame she will never return.

Otherwise, it's Yoshimitsu > Setsuka > Talim > Hilde > Secret Apprentice.

Setsuka has a good shot actually, since Alpha Pat isn't around anymore. The game being a reboot means they can introduce her earlier than the original story did.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Since Mitsu is obviously the best SC character and there's nothing really else to discuss there, let's review best movesets instead. Here's my top 5:

1. SC2 Mitsu - kB2, mist cancels, plus frames everywhere, freezing people to hit them with endless 2KBs, it's the best moveset in fighting game history.
2. SC4 Amy - Loved the speed in an otherwise slow game, 2B+K is such a wonderful low, she was really fun. Totally sucks they replaced her with stupid broken Viola.
3. SC2 Taki - I couldn't actually ever use her because my execution sucks, but exorcism rush is so unbelievably sexy.
4. SC3 Xianghua - I already liked her in SC2, and then they gave her 66A+B~G, which is like the best cancel ever. As the world's biggest cancel fan, I approve.
5. SC5 Mitsu - Making 2KB unsafe on hit was dumb, but everything else was great. Loved his BEs, and that they gave him a proper 33_66_99B after ruining him in 4.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

LXw8S7s.png

fixed some rather nasty spelling error for you, OP

Talim is the coolest by far, she's and blast to play and has freaking bladed tonfas!

Talim and Seung Mina are mah girls.

Maxi's really underrated, too.

I think you misspelled Talim.

These are the correct answers. OP get's an F.

#TeamTalim let's go

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Hwang. I'd show you a picture but most of you probably don't know or are thinking of some old Chinese fella from a different fighting game... Basically, y'all don't know the truth!

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Seigfried is only cool when he's Nightmare.

Also he's completely missing the hunk factor of most of the other male characters. Praise Namco for giving us a sexy Kilik again.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
The best character is the big ass fleshy sword with an eyeball

Seigfried was never good on his own

My favorite is actually Hwang, he was my boy in both Soul Edge & Soul Calibur. In SC2, I tried using Yun-seoung but he wasn't as fun to use while using Assassin was fine but still not Hwang himself. Hope he finally comes back in SC6.

Seong-mina was my other favorite, though Kilik did have some pretty fun moves as well.

Link was the best character ever though.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Meh, Xianghua is the best, just as Xiaoyu is the best in Tekken. Understated but effective as fuck. If I picked from the originals since Soul Edge/Blade it would be Seung Mina/Mitsurugi/Siegfried I guess. Ivy is kinda horrible these days but her official looking clothes in Soul Calibur were pretty cool. Hilde does have a great design too though I wish she used a buckler instead of a sword. Still, she's also one of the few cool designs in later iterations where even the old cast got progressively more stupid default clothes. It's okay to go crazy for bonus costumes but player 1 and player 2 defaults should be considered canon stuff and look good and practical.

The reboot should have revived this style instead of just continue the same path of ridiculousness they were on.

Last edited: