• Jun Kurosu

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Eikichi Mishina

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
1*7IKegYgrv7m4T_MO8eatDQ.png

I'm playing through Innocent Sin for the third time now before I finally play Eternal Punishment and I'm almost at the scene where you have to choose a 'romance' option for Tatsuya. I know in the grand scheme of things its a pretty minor romance choice as iirc all it really affects is some demon negotiations, but I was wondering who people chose when they played IS for the first time or who they usually go for on multiple playthroughs.

Here's the choices for those who might not remember them well;

latest

Maya Amano
The 'Big Sis' of the group. A cheerful and compassionate woman, she has a strong sisterly bond with Tatsuya.

latest

Lisa Silverman
Tatsuya's classmate. Hot-headed and rebellious, Lisa holds an obvious crush on Tatsuya.

latest

Jun Kurosu
Jun is a warm and caring person who is highly protective of his friends, particularly Tatsuya, whom he had forged a tight bond with since they were children.

latest

Eikichi Mishina

Essentially the 'joke' option of the four. Eikichi is flirtatious, self-centered and completely narcissistic.

For me I always go with Jun. Beyond it being the director's preferred choice (though not the outright canon one), I think it makes the most sense given the overall narrative of Innocent Sin. Who did you go with?

Last edited:

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Lisa is the only right choice. Her father is Steven seagull after all.

OP
OP

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
Your anti-Lisa bias is clear from that description alone!

It's actually copied from the wiki (as are most of them)! I like Lisa a lot and she was my initial choice before I went with Jun.

You are right though that it sounds biased so I changed them all to hopefully be a bit more neutral.

Last edited:

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
Jun is the only one that makes the story and his arc make a fucking lick of sense instead of some contrived horseshit but the game pushes Lisa onto you p hard

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I went with Jun during my first playthrough for the same reasons mentioned in the OP, though I did try to go with Eikichi and was bummed when he basically said "Sorry, but I don't swing that way."

Maya is cool, but I never seen her as a romance option, as it would've been very awkward. For Lisa, she needed a therapist than a boyfriend, given the shit she had gone through.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Jun, because it might as well be the canon choice and the best choice for Tatsuya. If it were me picking the answer would be Maya, but Tatsuya and Maya in the P2 duology are pretty well established characters unlike the rest of the franchise. This isn't a bad thing and in fact is a very good thing, I'm glad it's something different.

OP you're in for a treat when you play Eternal Punishment, it's the best Persona game. I would suggest the PSP version with English fan patch, but the PS1 version is fine. The PSP version of EP fixes one of my biggest gripes with the PSP version of IS: the UI sounds using the PSX version rather than IS PSP's cartoony ass sounds.

Everyone else, you should really #PlayPersona2

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I really need to play these fucking games.

What's the best way nowadays for each?

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I haven't played the game but if I had to pick from a portrait and description I'd probably pick Maya just based on my experience with the other Persona games

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't even remember this part, it was in the PSP version, right?

I probably picked Lisa or whatever ..... is, partially because I didn't really realize until much later that Jun would also have made a lot of sense. But seriously, I feel like I never saw this dialogue choice.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
How was that EP translation patch that came out last year? I heard that the team who was working on their own dropped it once the rushed version came out, so it's the only choice to play the game now.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
Jun because that was the canon option.
How was that EP translation patch that came out last year? I heard that the team who was working on their own dropped it once the rushed version came out, so it's the only choice to play the game now.

It's the PS1 version's script patched into the PSP version with cleanup work to match modern Persona styles, and a new translation for the additional content. So... it's fine!

PallasKitten

Jul 11, 2022
Jun, of course, since he's essentially the "canon" choice.

Slightly off-topic, but I really wish Atlus would remake the P2 duology with more modern SMT/Persona gameplay. Of course, I shall be hoping until my dying breath.