Which exclusive would sell you a PS5 at launch?

• Bluepoint's remake of Demon's Souls

• A new Ratchet & Clank by Insomniac

• WiLD by Michel Ancel/Wild Sheep Studio

• A new Ape Escape helmed by Nicolas Doucet (of Astro Bot fame)

• Guerrilla's sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn

• I just want a f**king JRPG! >:(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
There are a lot of rumours and speculation swirling around right now in regards to the current projects Sony has its studios working on for the PS5. It got me thinking as to what exclusive would convince the potential early adopters of this community the most to shell out for a PS5 day one. So I've constructed a poll compiling of realistic and realistic-ish projects that are being talked about to some capacity.

* Bluepoint's remake of Demon's Souls is practically an open secret at this stage, and it's very plausible that it's being geared for launch day.
* There are murmurings that a Ratchet & Clank game was in development for the PS4 before eventually being shifted onto the PS5. The last one came out in 2016, a whiles back.
* WiLD has been seemingly missing in action for years now, but the game is still alive according to Michel Ancel's Instagram account. It's almost certainly primed for next gen now.
* Ape Escape has been pretty damn active on Twitter for the past few months, and platforming nostalgia is very much in vogue, what with the recent success of Crash and Spyro.
* This is maybe wishful thinking, but if development has been going smoothly enough then the inevitable sequel to Horizon could be the PS5's first flagship exclusive.
* A recurring criticism of Sony throughout the generation has been its lack of in-house JRPG support. Time for Japan Studio or some other developer to deliver on that front?

So please go ahead and vote. Let's see what's in demand the most.

(And as tempted as I was, I had to avoid including 'Mark Cerny's Knack 3' as an option. This is a serious poll. And let's not risk memeing another one into existence.)

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's a remake of Demon's Souls for me, BUT, Horizon sequel would be #2 easily and would sell me on a launch model.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'll take all of them, thanks.

Demon's Souls first, then Ratchet & Clank. I'll be happy to play Horizon 2 but I'm also in no rush for more open world games.

Oct 27, 2017
Out of those I only really care about Ratchet and Horizon.

But the real deal would be Sony announcing they bought the Silent Hill IP and have Kojima, the Team Silent guys and Norman Reedus & the Funky Fetus working on Silent Hills.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am thirsting for a new Ratchet and Clank, so probably that. As much as a new Ape Escape excites me, it's hard to imagine it as a "next gen" title

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I chose Ratchet & Clank. That series is basically gaming comfort food for me and it would make for a tremendous visual showcase.

That, and I really struggle to see Horizon 2 at launch or I would have voted for that one.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
None of those get me excited for PS5,

Do I want some of them, yes, games like Ratchet and HZD2. Am I excited just to see some of them out of curiosity, yes, Demon Souls. But excited to buy a PS5 none of them.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Horizon.

The rest don't really appeal to me much. And if bluepoint are actually remaking demon's souls I'll be so disappointed. Still crossing my fingers for something else.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
None of those appeal to me, was hoping to see Ridge Racer.

Never played Ape Escape though. Those games look like I'd enjoy them.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I think BotW has both shown the massive potential value of a strong launch title and raised the bar for them. It's clear to me that a six-hour FPS that's just really pretty isn't going to be enough any more, if it ever really was. If Sony wants the mainstream to transition to the PS5 quickly, those buyers are going to want more than a teaser or a taste of the PS5's potential; they're going to want a meaty experience that's worth the asking price immediately.

Bring on Horizon: Day One.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's > Ratchet > Ape > Horizon > JRPG. Don't know enough about Wild to give my input. This is also under the assumption that Demon's Souls is more than just Demon's Souls 4k60fps.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls by faaaaaar.

I'd rather have a Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake though, same essential game, but with next gen graphics.

I wasn't a fan of Horizon.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Ape Escape. Demon's Souls and Horizon I don't particularly care about myself, and I'd rather have Michel Ancel and Insomniac working on other things over Wild or R&C.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
While the original Demon's Souls was the only Soulsborne game I enjoyed and I'm excited for the remake, Horizon 2 is the winner and its not even a contest.

Aug 26, 2019
giphy.gif

I want to see how close they can get it to the movie.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ape Escape would be a step down from Astro Bot, so not that.