Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
You ever wonder what happened to some of those people who act badly in public? They get recorded, go viral, media reports on the viral video, and then they get fired. If anyone Googles their name, the entire first page of results is dedicated to their public display of bad behavior.

Last edited:

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You ever wonder what happened to some of those people who act like a dumbass in public? They get recorded, go viral, media reports on the viral video, and then they get fired. If anyone Googles their name, the entire first page of results is dedicated to their public display of dumbassery.

An example is the med school graduate who berated and assaulted an Uber driver:
https://www.google.com/search?q=anjali+ramkissoon

What makes her situation even worse is that apparently someone despises her so much that they took the time and effort to create a website solely dedicated to criticizing her. And it's the first search result. Ouch!

that's some vitriol. OP is that your page? Weird that you would make a post following up on a relatively minor story and then just happen to casually mention a webpage dedicated to the incident.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Let sleeping dogs lie. Don't go all internet gossip detective on people's past. However, I don't mind indulging in the question. I do wonder how their lives are affected, whether people still remember them or care to know them, whether they have a food on the table or roof over their head. It's an interesting scenario where you actions are presented in a data hoarder like the internet with all the info about your act of evil is available in real time, forever haunting.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure if OP is suggesting we sympathize with her?

She's a piece of shit and deserves to get dragged and ridiculed. She's lucky the driver didn't press charges and put her scumbag ass in prison.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cheerleader and The Ugly One from Teen Girl Squad opened a poke and Gelato store in Key West. It's called PokeScream and is currently offering franchise opportunities.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you don't find that website creepy as hell you should take a good long hard at yourself.

Oh, the website's messed up but I don't mind people keeping this in the public spotlight via social media to ensure she has a hard time getting employment.

Yeah but I think the point is there should be a time limit on this sort of thing, and thanks to the internet there isn't one. When you google her name that will be the top result for the rest of her life.

Yeah, sucks. Probably shouldn't have assaulted someone then.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, the website's messed up but I don't mind people keeping this in the public spotlight via social media to ensure she has a hard time getting employment.

Yeah, sucks. Probably shouldn't have assaulted someone then.

I have absolutely no idea who this lady is or what she did but I can't imagine it was something worth having her entire life ruined over like you seem to be proposing

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm

I bet misogyny has a part to play in this goddamn website targeting this person.

let's not pretend people don't get angry once in their life. To have their life ruined over an episode fucking suuuucks.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
That is going to be a medium sized yikes from me dawg, let it go, they already took the L

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly OP, this thread should probably be closed.

If someone really fucks up but eventually disappears from public it should stay that way, no need to cyberbully them.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jon Ronson's "So You've Been Publicly Shamed" is a must read book on the subject. Did you know that in the olden days, many western civilized countries outlawed public shaming? The legal experts of the time came to consider it worse than execution, a punishment unacceptably severe. They felt it was better to give someone a hundred lashes in private than to give them ten in public.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you should be on a list for making shitty threads and never posting again in them.

OP
OP

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
let's not pretend people don't get angry once in their life. To have their life ruined over an episode fucking suuuucks.

This is the new world we live in. Everyone's got a smartphone. True to Darwinism, you just gotta adapt or die.

Be self-aware and don't act like a dumbass in public.

Even in private, it's not safe. You could get Mel Gibson'ed or Donald Sterling'ed.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the new world we live in. Everyone's got a smartphone. True to Darwinism, you just gotta adapt or die.

Be self-aware and don't act like a dumbass in public.

Even in private, it's not safe. You could get Mel Gibson'ed or Donald Sterling'ed.

thats the thing

some people deserve redemption

some, not all. In this case, a lady snapping at a dude shouldn't be a life sentence.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Jon Ronson's "So You've Been Publicly Shamed" is a must read book on the subject. Did you know that in the olden days, many western civilized countries outlawed public shaming? The legal experts of the time came to consider it worse than execution, a punishment unacceptably severe. They felt it was better to give someone a hundred lashes in private than to give them ten in public.

Yep, this book is excellent. Cannot recommend enough.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
thats the thing

some people deserve redemption

some, not all. In this case, a lady snapping at a dude shouldn't be a life sentence.

She punched him in the face and tried hijacking his car. She didn't just 'snap', she committed assault and should have done fucking time.

And it's not a life sentence. She'll live. She's free to pursue other career avenues and there are plenty of jobs that'll overlook this incident, likely of the retail nature. She'll probably never reenter the professional medical world again.

Tough shit, though. Don't commit assault.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
'Public freakout' is a nice, reductionist way to put assault.

Yeah that was assault. I'm sure charges were pressed and she faced whatever legal consequences were deemed necessary. Why are you so insistent on her never getting another job? It's just such a bizarre vendetta. I honestly don't even understand why this was national news

I sure hope I never step out of line in front of someone with a smart phone, otherwise everyone in the world who has absolutely no idea who I am or anything about me will suddenly be calling for my head

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that was assault. I'm sure charges were pressed and she faced whatever legal consequences were deemed necessary.

She didn't. The victim neglected to press charges because he was that nice about it. She didn't face shit but a small cash settlement.

Why are you so insistent on her never getting another job?

Oh, I don't think she deserves never to work again, but medical professionals should be held to higher standards of employment and so I have zero issue with this re-emerging to recruiters everytime she tries applying to a job of that nature.

She can go work at a McDonald's. They'll probably shrug it off.

I sure hope I never step out of line in front of someone with a smart phone, otherwise everyone in the world who has absolutely no idea who I am or anything about me will suddenly be calling for my head

If your 'stepping out of line' was the equivalent of punching someone in the face, damaging their car, and attempting to hijack said car and you ended up getting off with almost zero consequences - yes, you can sure as shit bet there'd be people calling for your head.

You would never find a position in your field of choice again, and rightfully so.

Even someone who punches you in the face doesn't deserve their life ruined

You seem too spiteful and vindictive

Her life isn't ruined. There are plenty of jobs that will still hire her.