When you’re home alone do you close the door to poop?

• Yes

• No

• I leave it cracked open

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
It's still the weekend for a few hours and we haven't hit the poop thread quota.

I do. I just feel weird with it open.

The only exception is if there is a show on live TV that I can absorb by hearing it and it's like right at the end. Like usually 20/20 or some shit. They just show the same three pictures and b-roll footage for most of the show anyway.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I live in an apartment and my bathroom is right beside my front door. If the bathroom door was open, there is a 100% chance people in the hall could hear me shitting

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
No. Leave the door open to assert dominance on any would be intruders.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I close the door and my cats will just scratch and meow incessantly. Always have to end up opening it for them so they can either use the litter box or just lie at my feet.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course, I don't want my living room to smell like shit when I'm done

Yes, I love the sense of isolation and being closed off.

THIS

I often in my head when I'm on the shitter, visualize like a zoom out from a satellite perspective of my bathroom to my neighborhood, state, country etc. and it just makes you really think of the scale of the world and how you're such a tiny tiny small part of it

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Wide open as can be. The only reason I shut my bathroom door is to shower and not set off the smoke detector.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
It would be awkward me and the person breaking into my house, so yes. I don't want to be caught with my pants down.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
I shut the door anytime I enter the bathroom simply out of habit, doesn't matter what I'm doing.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Nah, I have cats. Even if people are home, I open and close the door to let them in and out. But if I'm home alone, I leave it wide open.

Stencil

Mailing Out Their Business
Oct 30, 2017
USA
No but only because I need to hear if anyone breaks in so I can activate and use my Bathroom Weapon™ in time.

Haven't had to yet, but that's why I leave the door open.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I push it so it's "closed," like just barely open with the door mechanism resting against the frame. When my girlfriend is home though, it's closed tight.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I often in my head when I'm on the shitter, visualize like a zoom out from a satellite perspective of my bathroom to my neighborhood, state, country etc. and it just makes you really think of the scale of the world and how you're such a tiny tiny small part of it
Bro what

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I have these thoughts about other, famous people to normalize my life. Like tomorrow morning Steph Curry is gonna be sitting on the can browsing Reddit and taking a dump just like me haha

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's no other light source, I'd hate for the power to go out and be in pitch black darkness. Open for me

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Why would you leave it open? Do you want poo stanky permeating the surrounding area?

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
My apartment is designed so that there's a straight view from bedroom window, through the bedroom, right into the bathroom. So if the curtains are open and the bedroom door is open (which it almost always is during the day) then my neighbors would have a great view if I didn't anxiously make sure that door is always closed when I walk in, even if home alone.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I would probably just leave it a jar, but then my dog pushes the door open and gets all up in my business when I'm doing my business.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always close the door. I don't want to set off an lingering AOE in my living room everytime I poop.