Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
So, like, what's your favorite pokeball? I love catching pokemon in various types of balls instead of just the standard regular, great, and ultras. Quick balls are fantastic when you're trying to fill up a pokedex and I think I like Timer most for their aesthetics on top of being useful for catching legendaries and they're cool animation effect. There's also Master balls too if you want to give a basic and obvious answer, but there are so many with different uses . I hope the next gen gives us a lot more. I didn't get to play Sun & Moon so i don't know what's available in their or what new ones they added.

all_poke_balls___updated_2017_by_wanderertj-db0cj9y.png

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The friend ball was my favorite up until the Premier Ball. If it's a Pokemon I know will be on my team, I'm going to use a Premier Ball.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Dusk Ball is my favourite, coolest animation plus a decent boost in capture rate when you play the game at night

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Legit thought this was about that old shitty fighting game on SNES/Genesis, lol

Heavy Ball's design is my favorite, but it's not very practical in-game.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
for some reason I've always thought the Great Ball was the best out of them all. Celebi ball was always cool too.
inb4 lock tho, shitty title

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017

My favorite is the Dusk Ball. I believe it has something to do with my connection to Heart Gold, but I loved using that ball to catch 'mon. It also looks cool. ;)

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A+ thread title

1. Moon Ball
2. Friend Ball
3. Luxury Ball
4. Premier Ball
5. Beast Ball

The series is due for a handful of new ball designs if for nothing more than more variety and choice. Matching the ball to the Pokemon's color scheme is more satisfying than it has any right to be.

Also stop making Apricorn Balls rare or unattainable GF you cowards.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Beast Ball is freaking dope. I also love the Cherish Ball, GS Ball, and Dusk Ball.

OP
OP
Kickmaster Kim
Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Legit thought this was about that old shitty fighting game on SNES/Genesis, lol

Heavy Ball's design is my favorite, but it's not very practical in-game.
Since you brought it to my attention, I might try out this game for sheer curiosity. For heavy balls aren't they supposed to be good for catching heavy pokemon like Snorlax, Wailord, and Steel and Rock types?

1. Moon Ball
2. Friend Ball
3. Luxury Ball
4. Premier Ball
5. Beast Ball

The series is due for a handful of new ball designs if for nothing more than more variety and choice. Matching the ball to the Pokemon's color scheme is more satisfying than it has any right to be.

Also stop making Apricorn Balls rare or unattainable GF you cowards.
They really should. I think they were only really accessible in the Gen 2 games. Luxury Balls have a nice design to them as well. I can't remember if they do anything special though, I think they're just expensive if I'm not mistaken.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The company that produces these things seems kind of desperate at this point.
Put out a new broduct for every niche.
I'd really like to see their annual report. The economy behind this seems fascinating.

Also they should do some limited edition colabs. Like in sneaker culture.
Like Pokeball X Supreme or something to that effect.
Or a soccer worldcup Adidas x Pokeball special russia commemoration thing.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Blue is my favorite color. So if it's a Pokemon I'm gonna at least make an attempt in raising closely, as opposed to ones I just catch for story or Pokedex completion, I make it a point to catch them with a Great Ball.

Or a Quick Ball sparsely.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Since you brought it to my attention, I might try out this game for sheer curiosity. For heavy balls aren't they supposed to be good for catching heavy pokemon like Snorlax, Wailord, and Steel and Rock types?
Heavy Ball is for heavy pokemon, yeah. It's not specifically for Steel and Rock types, but since they're often heavy I guess it doesn't matter lol

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of the look of the Premier, Cherish, and GS Celebi Ball. What in god's name is that look for the Beast Ball smh.

baggage

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the Premier ball is the Animal Crossing Amiibo of Pokeballs. As nice as they are, way too much were made and nobody wants them. Design wise, I like just the regular great ball.

OP
OP
Kickmaster Kim
Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
I wouldn't mind owning some of these. Apparently, Bandai sells these.

https:///wp-content/uploads/2017/10/takara_tomy_pokeballs_jan2018_pic_1-995x576.png
61642c6e7ea34989a382f0b93eb33bd1.jpg

I always envisioned the dusk ball having ridges in it for some reason so this pic looks weird to me.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Probably cliche, but luxury ball. Those are the balls I go for.

Premier, quick, cherish, and net are all pretty slick too.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I always use regular balls. Always. Even on legendaries. Especially on legendaries.

It's to my great disappointment that my younger self hadn't seen the light yet and those ugly great/ultra/dusk/etc. balls are brought back into circulation whenever I withdraw an older pokémon from the Bank and breed it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
ballz-3d-05.png

Anyway the Clone Ball from the movie has always been cool, and now it basically looks like Vaati. In-game though I go with ordinary, premier or quick.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
I choose the ball according to the pokemon.
nestballs for plant pokemon, diveball por water pokes, netball for bugs, duskball for ghost... you get the idea XD