Dec 2, 2017
Doesn't have to be a new game, or a game you never played before, but any game you played recently and thought what an incredible game it was. I got two, Final Fantasy 7 remake, and Mario Galaxy.

Kid Night

Oct 27, 2017
Astral Chain, I had middling expectations, but it really is a top tier Platinum action game, with some unique twists.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Super late to the party but currently experiencing it with Mario Odyssey. Just ran through a series of quite serious games, so to just have a super well done platformer is refreshing and definitely gives me the "this is truly fantastic" vibes.

Felt similar vibes during my playthrough of Astro's Playroom.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Dark Souls probably.

And I think Subnautica a bit more recently.

Though with Dark Souls the 'this is truly fantastic' feeling was so pronounced that I don't expect many games to replicate it any time soon, if ever. It's hard making something so ground breaking, engaging and incredibly well realized.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
There seems to be at least one of these every year, we're truly living in a good era for videogames. Last ones for me tho, were Breath of the Wild in 2017, The Witcher 3 (which I played until 2019) and the more recent one Sekiro last year.
Very satisfying experiences with these three.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Last time during a game I thought that was during the Epistrophy side mission in Cyberpunk 2077. The emotions and moods you come across really surprised me.

Last GAME I thought that about was my first 40 hours of TLOU2 and most of FF7 Remake

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Astral Chain is probably the most recent one (but not the only one) for me as well, which I didn't get to play until around the end of last year.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
In other Waters most recently. I was taken aback by how engaged I was with it and every moment just felt like a treat.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was playing Genshin Impact last night, which I recently got back into, and was like... "damn..." It's just so beautiful.

AlanMoore

Feb 22, 2018
I played a lot of great games last year, but Outer Wilds is the last game that blew me the fuck away. Obra Dinn and Disco Elysium did the same, but those were 2018/2019

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Hades, a few weeks ago. I tried it due to its many GOTY wins, and was really taken by surprise at just how deserving of those wins it really is.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Death Stranding. Something about the gameplay just clicked, especially when I finally left the starting area. I adored almost every second of time playing it.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us 2 is probably it for me.

That said, there's something about Immortals Fenyx Rising that makes me kinda feel that way too. Like I recognize it's not anything ground breaking, but that game just feels really good and it's pretty addictive for its game loop and progression. In my head I know it really shouldn't count, but I really can't put the game down so far. It feels like good comfort food when playing.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Lots of games recently tbh, Doom Eternal, Death Stranding and Outer Wilds to name a few.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
TLOU2 and 13 Sentinels, which is haven't finished but i love it so far.
Astro's playroom is fantastic too, but is not as great the VR one

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
The Last of Us.

Before that, Death Stranding.
I probably enjoyed Death Stranding the most of any game since Bloodborne.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Age of Calamity. Probably the best Musou game ever made.

Before that 13 Sentinels. My game of the generation. I could write a book about how much I love this game.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In other Waters most recently. I was taken aback by how engaged I was with it and every moment just felt like a treat.

I just began a playthrough, and found really interesting, but not enough to keep me playing the demo of Monster Hunter Rise. Maybe I'll return...

Btw, that game hasn't even launched and I already have over 10 hours on that demo
. I decided to pace myself and delete it since I'll probably sink over 200 hours on this game.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Astro's Playroom and Demon's Souls remake. Last time that happened was first Dark Souls on the 360. The last couple months have been a great time for me.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Bugsnax was confusingly fantastic for what it was. At the ending cutscene I was like why did this resonate so well with all these dumb looking mother fuckers?