Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Blow it all up

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • No need to panic, just minor moves

Votes: 84 31.7%

• Total voters

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
What's going to be the fallout from this epic collapse last night's out of the playoffs after leading 3-1 in a series?

Will Doc still be with the Clippers? Will there be a significant move on the tandem that is Kawhi and PG13, whether it'd be one or the other? Are they going to blow it all up?

What do you think NBA Era?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I think Doc stays but he will be on the hot seat next year.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
They are going to lose Trez, maybe Morris, keep Doc, and try again. Probably still won't make the finals

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
Trade Kawhi to the Spurs.

Yeah, GSW is coming back with a vengeance. The West is stacked. What a fool Kawhi was going there lol.

Healthy Warriors would have murdered this playoffs. Overall, the real issue is how degraded KT will be. They also really need a proper bruiser big man. Not necessarily someone who's a scoring powerhouse, but someone who can play strong D down low.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
This was def the year for the Rockets and Clips with the Warriors done. They'll probably keep Doc another year so chemistry can't be an excuse again but it'll be tougher next year for sure. Not sure what they need though, they'll lose a few pieces but they had a good team. Both their stars just shit the bed in the same game, if one of them has a great game they probably could've gotten a close win.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
They stay the course that they have been on for the past 50 years.

Trash organizations are always going to be trash.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
He can opt out after next season to sign veteran MVP max, or a stay and sign a Clippers supermax. Really a smart business move for him.
I was thinking more legacy, impact. Toronto had the money. And he was really beloved there. Guess his android reasoning is only thinking about the payday lol.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No need to panic. They have tons of talent. Teams need to stop blowing up every time they don't win the championship. Teams started chasing the GSW super team model, but they forget GSW had years of team-building to get to that point. LeBron's Heat did not win right away either.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking more legacy, impact. Toronto had the money. And he was really beloved there. Guess his android reasoning is only thinking about the payday lol.

Eh. Hard to say Kawhi would've had better success this with the Raptors. He already gave Canada their championship, winning with the Clippers would do far more for his "legacy."

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Kawhi should be messaging Masai as we speak and ask to come back. He had a whole country ready to worship him as a sports god, and he bounced for sunshine and the opportunity to play with Paul George.

As for the Clippers, they can continue staying in the shadow of the one true basketball team in LA. Losers. Go fire your coach Ballmer, because it's totally his fault your two stars pulled a Houdini when they were needed the most.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Replacing the coach would be the most obvious move, and I won't be surprised if that happens, but Doc could get to try another season, depending on his relationship with ownership. Kahwi and PG aren't going anywhere (yet), as both they and the team are too invested in making this work, and I don't see where they could get reasonable value back for PG in a trade.

With the supporting cast, anything is up for grabs, and I'd expect significant changes there.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
No need to panic. They have tons of talent. Teams need to stop blowing up every time they don't win the championship. Teams started chasing the GSW super team model, but they forget GSW had years of team-building to get to that point. LeBron's Heat did not win right away either.

Agreed. But they don't have the Lakers in the same building. The Clips really should move.

Oct 27, 2017
I think Doc stays but he will be on the hot seat next year.

I think this is the most likely outcome. Making big moves right now is complicated by, well, everything. But if the Clips underachieve again next year, the blame will fall pretty squarely at his feet. I hope they do better for all kinds of reasons, not the last of which is that I think Doc is great.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I mean all of the load management bullshit killed them. The first time the entire team played together wasn't until the bubble. They need to fucking play together all season to win. Kawhi and PG look abysmal with one another out there. The whole team doesn't look good together.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Pop was right, Kawhi isn't a leader the way Lebron is or KG in the old Celtics.

Raptors would have written Kawhi a blank check for him to stay. But he was thinking LA even when he was a Spur.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I mean all of the load management bullshit killed them. The first time the entire team played together wasn't until the bubble. They need to fucking play together all season to win. Kawhi and PG look abysmal with one another out there. The whole team doesn't look good together.
That whole plan seemed incredibly arrogant. Doc really messed up here. They did think they would be able to vanquish NBA level competition by winging it last minute?

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
It's the Clippers. How can you disappoint when you've never given anything to celebrate?

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Got to replace Doc, man. That 2-man game with Murray/Jokic ate them alive and he didn't really make that many adjustments to it. They had the same problems with Luka and KP in the last series too.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
They have no cap space and they don't have a tradeable draft pick until 2028. I think they're screwed. Isn't like the West is going to regress.

Luixfern

Oct 27, 2017
Doc was always overated to me. He only won in Boston with because he had a stack of hall-of-famers.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Doc was always overated to me. He only won in Boston with because he had a stack of hall-of-famers.

When he won it all in Boston it almost seemed in spite of his coaching. Plus being up 3-2 in the rematch only to have that slip away. He seems like a genuine, great guy, but he just doesn't make adjustments.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
There's not much they can do other than move on from Doc, which arguably should've happened in 2015 after he blew a 3-1 lead with the Lob City Clippers. They lack the draft picks to acquire any significant pieces, courtesy of the asinine PG trade, and several guys are going to be free agents like Harrell.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Tulum.

honestly i think this is typical, esp with the pandemic not enough chemistry going on esp when you need that in the playoffs id give them another year make some minor moves and i think they are in a better position next season. Rarely teams win it all after adding the pieces they did. Next year will be better for them