• Resident Evil 6

Votes: 7 0.5%
  • Other (Remakes, 7, 8, Spin-off)

Votes: 170 12.2%

• Total voters

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
There aren't enough poll options!

Straight forward question though. When did you first enter the world of survival horror?

MAIN SERIES
Originals
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Resident Evil 8: Village

Remakes
Resident Evil (2002)
Resident Evil 2 (2019)
Resident Evil 3 (2020)

SPIN-OFFS
Resident Evil: Survivor
Resident Evil: Gaiden
Resident Evil: Survivor 2 - Code Veronica
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Resident Evil: Outbreak
Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Umbrella Corps
Resident Evil: Resistance

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Guilty admission. I've honestly never played one so... Evil Within?

I did get the remake of 1 with GWG, I'm trying to decide whether to start with that or 2 Remake or 4 later for Halloween.

Oct 27, 2017
Got it as a Christmas gift from a Virgin Megastore in late 1996, our third PS1 game. That joint was a system seller.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
The first one, right at release. Funny thing though, a friend and I had just been playing a bunch of Alone in the Dark on the 3DO not even a year prior, so it was very telling where much of the inspiration for RE came from. Despite Capcom initially denying it for nearly two decades, and "fans" constantly defending them. It was so blatantly obvious!

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Guilty admission. I've honestly never played one so...
Me neither, even though I've seen multiple Resident Evil movies (including animated spin-offs) and am a longtime zombie obsessive.

I did just pick up the remake of 2 in anticipation of the current-gen updates, though, so it shouldn't be much longer.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 4 on Wii was the first time I truly played a RE game, and I actually enjoyed the motion controls. I previously played RE1 for like 30 minutes on the original PS1 but didn't really get anywhere and never returned to it.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Resident Evil 4.

It scared the hell out of me, but couldn't stop looking at it and wanted to finish it so badly.

Got a PS2 because of it.

Adum

May 30, 2019
Resident Evil 3 on PSX for me. Loved that game. Perfect blend of horror/survival difficulty for me back then.

And I just realized that the remake of RE1 came out just 6 years after the game first launched. People consider that remake to be amazing, so maybe that Last of Us remake might hit that sweet spot too.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I played like half of the original one, so I guess that, but I was never a fan of the 2d ones. Years later I played RE4 and I'm a big fan of that one. And only that one.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
0ce990d6329140dad77da517b18e5e9f.gif

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
RE1 but not really, me and my sister would watch our much older sister play and be absolutely scared shitless

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 4.

It scared the hell out of me, but couldn't stop looking at it and wanted to finish it so badly.

Got a PS2 because of it.

It's funny how so many people said that RE4 was no longer a horror game. While it's true that it was very different from the previous original three, it still triggered the limbic system similarly to the previous games, and it still had a lot of horror elements. It was the Aliens to the previous games in the series being Alien. Dead Space went through a similar transition.

mute

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica on the Dreamcast.

First I actually finished was RE4 on Gamecube.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
The first one, but a few years after release. Didn't get a PS1 until 2000. Didn't like it, so didn't try another until RE4 on the Wii. Didn't like that either, but I did enjoy the light gun type spin-offs.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
RE2 on the Nintendo 64. My dad got it for me without my mom knowing and gave it to me at night so we could play it together. He only played it that night but I was hooked instantly. My mom wasn't very pleased as it was my first M rated game and I was almost 10 years old. What a time and what a port by the way.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
My parents and brother all chipped in to get me a PS1 as a gift. I was 11 years old in 1996. So, the first one. I admit I was probably too young. I remember it fucking with my head.

xXJonoXx

Jun 17, 2018
Resident Evil 2 on PS1, rented it from Blockbuster and beat the Claire scenario with my brother and his friend in one sitting, very fond memory.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
My first was 0 so I didn't think much of the series. My friend got me a game cube for my birthday so I played 4 next and I've been hooked ever since

Oct 28, 2017
I was very late to the party, so my first RE game was Resident Evil 4 on PS2 around 2010. RE 5 was definitely out by then.
I didn't really liked 5 and 6 but 7 was good, and the RE 2 Reamake is one of the best games I ever played. Village was also cool, but I enjoy the running around and solving puzzles bits more than the shooting setpieces.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

redbomb6

Sep 22, 2021
I watched my brother and his friend play through 4 but barely remember what happened much outside of the basic plot and setting. The first one I actually played through from start to finish was 5 with a friend. I was a scaredy cat when it came to horror games back then so I never played the old ones plus I was too young to play the OG ones when they came out anyway.

Nov 8, 2017
I think it was RE1 remake.

But RE4 was the first one I actually put serious time into and finished. RE1 was a game I rented because it got great reviews, but I got confused/lost early on (I remember getting killed by the moving statue trap, and wandering in the west wing of the mansion / discovering the kitchen) and it was too tense / frightening for me to want to persevere. I would have been about 12 or 13 maybe.

Jan 11, 2018
Dunedin, New Zealand
I'd touched RE1 and RE4 before, but I really don't think I played any of them for a significant period of time until I co-op'd RE5 at a friends place. Then I probably played 2 on ePSXe not long after.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Played the demo for RE6, didn't like it enough to buy it. Played RE1 when it was free on PS+, quit a few hours in.
RE2 Remake is the first one I liked enough finish.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
N/A šŸ˜¬

Do want to jump into the series though, and own both RE7 and RE2 Remake. Any advice on which to start with? Originally was gonna do RE1 but it looks too dated I think

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Resident Evil 1 on my cousin's old playstation, the best part was that once we finished it we just went straight into 2 and 3.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on PS1. Was a bit too young at the time, so I didn't really know where I was going, or how to play it properly, but I still found it to be an interesting game.