DOA

Oct 26, 2017
one summary i didn't see across the web... the best reveal.
now, i don't mean a "they announced XXXXXXXXX" and that's it. i mean a "wait a sec... what is this? WHAT? HOW???" and when watching this today, you still have that feeling.

there are some good ones, like the sequel for BotW.

but the one for me.... (saw it for the second time today, and my heart still misses a beat)

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 7 was a fun one. Might be a you-had-to-be-there moment—they didn't give away the game or the franchise until the very end in the original presentation.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
FFVII-R had me in disbelief for a week, so that

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it was the best one, but sekiro kept people busy for a long time.

NIV093

May 31, 2019
God of War E3 2016. Plus the fact it was like a 10 minute actual gameplay demo right after, not just a vague teaser.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017

Not even big on Final Fantasy, but everyone was freaking out over this trailer. It's a shame the game ended up being so decisive and different

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
God of War's reveal was the definition of hype. And then it was followed up with re7 in the same conference. And then followed up with death stranding. That e3 was something else.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
FFVII Remake. No one expected that after they announced the PS1 port, and the way they announced it (no title, simply a logo and the word "remake") was just so perfect.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
"I am hungry. Feed us."

CarefreeOptimisticFruitbat-max-1mb.gif

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Of course people are gonnna put games that they were already fan of, or very popular. What went first into my mind was the reveal teaser of Dead Island, even though the game didn't look like at the end.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna cheat and say Sony's E3 2016 Press Conference lol. That one had God of War, Resident Evil 7, Death Stranding, Spider-Man, etc. Collectively those reveals were too good.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
one summary i didn't see across the web... the best reveal.
now, i don't mean a "they announced XXXXXXXXX" and that's it. i mean a "wait a sec... what is this? WHAT? HOW???" and when watching this today, you still have that feeling.

there are some good ones, like the sequel for BotW.

but the one for me.... (saw it for the second time today, and my heart still misses a beat)

OP nailed it. That's the one and it's not even close.

Edit - actually now that I think about it BotW 2 was better.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
My first choice would be Banjo-Kazooie in Smash but it's already have been posted.

The Razgriz piano theme playing at the beginning of the Ace Combat 7 announcement trailer gave me goosebumps. This is the moment I knew Ace Combat was back after so many years.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Not talking much about Silent Hills just because it got cancelled and it still pains me.

Other than that:

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate
Death Stranding
Final Fantasy VII Remake

The truth is that I was a new Splatoon fan (only played the second one) and seeing that SSBU teaser out of freaking nowhere got me hella hyped, and I didn't even ever played any other SSB lol

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Reveals and teasers exist to generate hype.

If anyone can show me more hype than this, fair enough, otherwise there's one answer and it's Smash:

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
The Smash one hands down.

Bonus points because people insisted it was gonna be a Smash 4.5, even after reveal.

Extra bonus points because that trailer aired past the runtime of the direct . . . The direct was supposed to already be over and they came out of nowhere and revealed Smash. People were already complaining about too much Splatoon 2 stuff too, so a lot of people just shut it off.