Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Could they do Chucky and play around with his height? They've already done pretty much all my horror film icons from my childhood. What other properties do you see NR potentally tapping into? And while we're at it, what properties will most likely be off limits? They've shown a willingness to do slasher icons and sci-fi monstrosities, so could Terminator and Robocop be a possibility? What about Darth Vader, The Witch King, or Wolverine? What about Ryu, Dante, or Nemesis from RE?
''
Here's a dark horse idea: the aliens from Mac and Me, namely the father, or even the mother who's wearing a dress as she's being naturalized for citizenship.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Dredd would be awesome. They could also add Lobo - he would fit in MK world. Spawn is already *almost* confirmed.

Thanks to customization you will probably be able to make Sector/Cyrax (or whatever cyborg will be there) to look like Robocop! Problem solved.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
ash-chainsaw.jpg

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
I hate "guests" in fighting games. With that said, Spawn really does seem like a perfect fit for MK (much better than Soulcalibur anyway considering the source material.

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
T800 or T1000
I would like both.

When you fight the T800 you can see the Endoskeleton after a few hits.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pinhead is a good choice. He could have some insane fatalities lol.

I still want Rorschach.

OP
OP
Crackhead_Bob

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If we're all playing by the law of averages and going by NR's track record with MK and Injustice, what are the trends and patterns to look for going forward? i.e., you're never going to see any Marvel characters used in Injustice, you will never see Mickey Mouse featured in Mortal Kombat. That being said, will that mean that using the Alien and Predator in future games might become a more dicier proposition in wake of Disney's purchase of Newscorp's film library?

OP
OP
Crackhead_Bob

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Here's an idea, could they do serial killers -- real life serial killers like Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer? I saw a kick ass action figure of Jeffrey Dahmer with a power drill. And John Wayne Gacy himself could almost pass for an action figure himself when he's dressed as a clown. And because they're not licensed personalities NR wouldn't be dealing with the same copyright issues that they would normally be dealing with if it were Jason or Freddy Krueger.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
NR should strike a deal with Sega and make a character pack filled with nothing but Eternal Champion characters.

eternal-title.gif

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Here's an idea, could they do serial killers -- real life serial killers like Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer? I saw a kick ass action figure of Jeffrey Dahmer with a power drill. And John Wayne Gacy himself could almost pass for an action figure himself when he's dressed as a clown. And because they're not licensed personalities NR wouldn't be dealing with the same copyright issues that they would normally be dealing with if it were Jason or Freddy Krueger.

Yeah just the PR nightmare when the families of their victims throw a gigantic shit fit.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Came to post this.

Eddie would be awesome, and they recently have been branching out into comics, mobile games, etc. I know their main licensing guy would love to see Eddie in a fighter.

However, I do think Eddie would be a much better fit for Killer Instinct 2 given how KI has the very 80/90s metal/monster thing going, and the violence of MK in more recent games is still more than Maiden does even though it's a monster thing.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather they only had characters from other games, but hey, why not have Negan much how both Soul Calibur and MK9 had Kratos?

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

I like the... direction you're thinking, but this is actually kind of a pretty terrible idea. On the flip side, tapping into fictional serial killers might be cool.
Throw in this guy:
KNr9wWY.png

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales

Yo, I like where you're at with this, I'd play the shit out of a serial killer fighting game.

Ed Gein Vs. Carl Panzram
Andrei Chikatilo Vs. Karla Faye Tucker
Dennis Nilsen Vs. The Zodiac

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Dante from the Devil May Cry series or Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo would be seriously great. Fuck it

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
MK should become the western crossover franchise like Smash is for Japan.

Would rather have an original franchise that has MK characters rather than it being part of the MK brand.

Of course they should start with every franchise that has crossovered with MK, so right off the bat DC characters, Movie slashers and Kratos as an exclusive for Playstation.

OP
OP
Crackhead_Bob

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Dante from the Devil May Cry series or Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo would be seriously great. Fuck it

I personally think the aliens from Mac and Me would be killer dark horse entries given how unintentionally scary those creatures were. I can't believe the producers of that film actually thought these things would be adorable to children.

13.jpg

13.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
This would be extremely fucking tasteless considering their crimes inflicted grotesque suffering on their victims and surviving families.

Netherrealm wouldn't go there.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I personally think the aliens from Mac and Me would be killer dark horse entries given how unintentionally scary those creatures were. I can't believe the producers of that film actually thought these things would be adorable to children.

13.jpg

13.jpg
If that happens, they need Paul Rudd popping up in the corner doing a "Toasty" to keep his Mac & Me joke going strong.