Oct 26, 2017
There's been dozens of TV and films with comic book characters over the years lots of these people have gone through the ringer. Who's had it the worst though?

Note, this thread isn't limited to marvel and DC characters.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
By nature of being six+ seasons, Green Arrow on Arrow routinely gets physically and mentally beat down.

For movies, probably Thor. Nicest thing you can say is that his love interest lived, but dumped him.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
By this point Thor has experienced not only the death of basically everyone close to him, but the destruction of his entire culture and civilization as well, so yeah, probably him.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Deadpool? Dude been burnt, shot, stabbed, dismembered, and had a role in Xmen Origins Wolverine.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Live action? Daredevil. Should be Spider-Man but movies have been generally nice to him.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd go with Logan, with or without the different timelines in consideration. The man had to die for one good thing to come out of a life of death and misery.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Batman,
parents get killed every other time.
also has to endure shit like B&R, BvS, JL.

I mean, this no longer is the high bar.

Just take the example of Barry Allen in the Flash Show:

-When he was a kid, his mother was murdered
-His father was jailed for life because he couldn't explain a fucking time traveler speedster killed his wife
-Barry had the power to travel in time and save her, but has been forced to not do it and has to witness first hand it happen as to stop himself from saving her
-Lost his father little after he managed to clear his name
-Has to constantly deal with his bad choices fucking over people dear to him (Like his time shenanigans causing Cisco's brother to die)
-Spent an unfathomable amount of time in a personal hell inside the speed force

"My parents are dead" no longer is that much really.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the teenage mutant ninja turtles have been through a lot of shit given that they live in a god damn sewer.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this no longer is the high bar.

Just take the example of Barry Allen in the Flash Show:

-When he was a kid, his mother was murdered
-His father was jailed for life because he couldn't explain a fucking time traveler speedster killed his wife
-Barry had the power to travel in time and save her, but has been forced to not do it and has to witness first hand it happen as to stop himself from saving her
-Lost his father little after he managed to clear his name
-Has to constantly deal with his bad choices fucking over people dear to him (Like his time shenanigans causing Cisco's brother to die)
-Spent an unfathomable amount of time in a personal hell inside the speed force

"My parents are dead" no longer is that much really.
Barry himself is the biggest shit to deal with.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
That ain't a big loss
I wouldn't want to find out i have a sibling only to have to immediately kill them.

I swear Thor himself said something like that in Infinity War.

Speaking of Infinity War Thor lost:
  • Another best friend
  • His brother
  • Half his people
  • Half of his teammates
And also has to deal with the guilt of not going for the head.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna say Rick Grimes. Sometimes I forget that Comic Rick had it a lot worse. At least TV Rick still has his right forearm and hand and walks without a cane

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I also want to add: Netflix Luke Cage just can't stop losing mentor figures in his life.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It's gotta be Thor, right? Across Thor 2, 3, and Avengers 3 they took EVERYTHING from him and the only thing they gave him was an axe lol.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there is one that is force to kill the woman he love the most, get to see his mom/dad get murdered, kills who raised him as his father, get to go trough all of his close friends die and he himself dies.

I think Logan is the choice.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Smallville's Clark Kent. He had to endure 7ish seasons of toxic manipulative bullshit from Lana Lang lol.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
latest

This is the face of a man whose daughters have died three times. He has two daughters. He's also dead himself now.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thor. Both parents are dead, Natalie Portman broke up with him, hammer got destroyed, eye got stabbed out, his people were slaughtered, his brother and best friend were murdered in front of him, and he ultimately failed in his revenge after half the population got wiped

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I don't follow Marvel Comics as a whole outside of Spider-Man, but wasn't Ms Marvel raped? Or did they retcon that or wipe it out of existence?

Yams

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MCU Thor has lost everything and everyone. It's him without a doubt