Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Castles are always some of my favorite locations in JRPGS. They always have elegant, regal, and majestic sounding music and I look forward to them when I'm playing a game. Not to mention they almost always have many rooms with secrets in them making them fun to explore. Some of my favorite examples of castles in JRPGS:

latest

Figaro Castle - FINAL FANTASY VI

DQ11-900x506.jpg

Heliodor Castle - Dragon Quest XI

But this topic is about music above all. What is your favorite regal castle track in a JRPG? My vote goes to Guardia Castle from Chrono Trigger.

This track is sooooo good. Booming, majestic, timeless, I don't know what it is about it but it just screams middle ages castle to me. Yasunori Mitsuda is the GOAT.

Bonus - Orchestrated version:

So what is your choice? LET'S HEAR EM'.

Aveyn Knight

Nov 29, 2017
UK
Oh man, now I'm tempted to go explore a castle. Anyway, here's my suggestion:

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

DasFool

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimecia's Castle, hands down. I've never even played Final Fantasy 8 and this theme has stuck with for a long time.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep it's Guardia Castle

Still gives me chills when the main triumphant part kicks in.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Lindblum Castle in Final Fantasy IX. It has a harsh drum tempo but it suits the industrial theme.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I choose Chrono Trigger as well, but the other castle theme!

My favorite castle theme of all time all time is Hollow Bastion though.

Hell it might even be Waltz of the Damned

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019
Standalone I'm not sure it has the same impact, but after spending dozens of hours in the slow, quiet world of KF2, this song lets you know that you're finally near the end.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, this is a tough.

Lots of good choices posted already so let's go with another classic.

Hellfire

May 26, 2019
I came to post the Oath in Felghana version. I never bother to listen to the original before. It sounds great too.
For comparison's sake and as a minor correction, the PC-Engine CD/Turbo-CD version is maybe ~4th version used in versions of Ys III.

Edit: As far as I can tell these official arranged versions all predate the PC-Engine CD version as well, if all the wiki's have their release months and years correct. Falcom has put out so many arranged albums it's insane. Putting out 4 Ys III specific albums and another album that had Ys III tracks on it in less than a year was the kind of crazy stuff Falcom was doing back then.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
For comparison's sake and as a minor correction, the PC-Engine CD/Turbo-CD version is maybe ~4th version used in versions of Ys III.

Edit: As far as I can tell these official arranged versions all predate the PC-Engine CD version as well, if all the wiki's have their release months and years correct. Falcom has put out so many arranged albums it's insane. Putting out 4 Ys III specific albums and another album that had Ys III tracks on it in less than a year was the kind of crazy stuff Falcom was doing back then.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm going to go with Hyrule Castle from Breath of the Wild. It's a powerful and emotional track, specially since it touches upon The Ballad of the Wind Fish a bit:

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Oh no wait, Doom Castle from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest!

Woylie

May 9, 2018
i was gonna post n's castle from pokemon black/white, but i see that's been taken care of!

the battle castle theme from platinum is nice, though obviously held back by the ds' sound capabilities

and as a bonus:

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised not to see ALttP Hyrule Castle theme mentioned.

At least we had a mention for the BOTW version.