Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
With a new Armored Core on the horizon, I'm currently very much in the mood for Mecha and giant Robots in general. While not as big of a "cultural pillar" as Mecha in Anime, Video games have had their fair share of great Mecha/Robot Designs over the years. I'm using the term Mecha quite liberally hear, doesn't matter if it's a more fantastical or grounded, western or Japanese design. Big robot is all that matters here.

In this thread we share our favorites :)
Bonus points for cool technical drawings!
Please only post Mecha that originate from Videogame and that are tall enough to be piloted by a human - no human-sized suits of armor.

My personal contribution is Jehuty, especially the Z.O.E 2 design. The game itself also is one of the best videogame representations of "Mecha Anime" to this date. That we didn't see the teased third entry in the series is a real shame and I fear with modern Konami, it won't ever see the light of day.
For Jehuty itself, something about the sleek design really does it for me, even tho the literal cock-pit can be a bit odd looking from certain angles. Everything about it looks extremely dynamic and nimble, which is further enhanced by lack of conventional feet and the semi floating thrusters. I usually gravitate. Ore towards grounded, "heavy machinery" kinda looking Robots which are more often found in western Media, but this one hits different for me and I can't really say why.
Personally, I also loved the VR Version for the feeling of being inside the cockpit even tho it was borderline unplayable.

jehuty.jpg

yoji-shinkawa--zoe-jehuty.jpg

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Mechs usually suck because they are slow and slow is another word for bad. I guess E-102 Gamma is quite OK because he is not super slow.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Is saying Super Robot Taisen/Wars cheating?

If so Sakura Taisen

sakura_03-69ba899d8e.png

and Virtual On

voot_xbone.jpg

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
img_373172eg9.jpeg

My favorite mech will probably always be the Mad Cat. Looks awesome and is always great to play.

Armored Core also has some cool design but I played too little of that series to know the names.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Always loved many of the Lost Planet Vital Suit designs, especially the Hardballer

iu

I can literally only find images of action figures of the thing.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I love White Glint from Armored Core for Answer :

FPEegqH9eu3-utP4kmuX8DNxkeFoH7G3pqpre96-ckU.jpg

The mechs from Xenoblade Chronicles X are also cool as hell, and they transform :

g_img_yanase01.jpg

Shout out to the No Man's Sky exo mech, it looks like ass but I love being able to call it from anywhere and explore the world in it, even underseas :

No-mans-sky-exo-mech-update.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
We got a SRW ref but no call out to its suit so popular it got its own like 6 entry spinoff series and anime. Yup it's gotta be Cybaster(current localized spelling. Also known as Cybuster, Psyshooter and a couple other names)

latest

Combination of tech and magic with control over wind, one of the 3 original designs from SRW2(Granzort and Valsion got mentioned earlier)
Oh and shoutout to Valsion's successor suit Valsione if only for its ridiculousness

latest

So the funny thing about this is one of the gray character's adopted daughter hated the design of the Valsion so much he retooled into that for her. For comparison that has the same skeleton/size and main components as this the regular Valsion
latest

Also they may all be parodies/homages but I've got a soft spot for Tech Romancer' as lineup

10017307.jpg
8a5e965b34ecf18686a5764c26d3c309.jpg

Sigh I wish this would get a port of the dreamcast version to modern consoles, it's so good

Also shoutout to xbc2 Siren, can't wait to build that kit

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Probably Zone of the Enders. I also really liked that four-legged mech in Ring of Red.

Ring_of_Red_-_Sony_PlayStation_2.jpg

Hard to find a decent picture of it…

Oct 26, 2017
I see Granzon was covered up above but I could post 20 more Super Robot Wars OG mechs...

But here's just a couple.

Ialdabaoth
latest

Soulgain
latest

Thrudgelmir
latest

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
OH and I almost forgot about Glastonbury and it's 3 parts
latest
latest
latest

which form into...
latest

The Guitar Katana is silly but I like it.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I love SRX and how it is a not so subtle Banpresto mascot:

latest

Spook & Spell

Aug 3, 2021
I love the assault suits in Valken and Leynos. Yeah they're just Zakus, but they are so utilitarian. Truly giant walking tanks stomping and punching their way through the battlefield.

More power armor than mecha, the Hardsuits from Blacklight Retribution were kind of under appreciated. They were fun mini Titans and their designs were cool.

The mecha in Mad Stalker was fun too; shoto fighting its way through single plane beat 'em up stages.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'll cheat slightly and pick a Gundam from my favorite series, 00, Raiser in Dynasty Warriors Gundam: Reborn

RG-00-Raiser.jpg