CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I have always loved the online interactions of a good social hub. Not necessarily just in MMOs but games like PSO, Destiny and the upcoming Street fighter 6. Share your favorites and why you like them so much.

For me my favorite is my first and the one I'll never forget. The music alone makes it classic Phantasy Star Online lobbies is where I would spend hours trading and racing in bubble chairs when i didn't feel like trading.

View: https://youtu.be/zG1PBwSJagk

The one I'm most excited about is Street fighter 6. Had a blast in both betas creating my character and seeing the abominations run around a very functional virtual arcade built around an awesome game.

View: https://youtu.be/G3bHRG-zvTk

View: https://youtu.be/77oB3RFT26s

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
PSO for me as well.

The music and setting just conjured up such an amazing atmosphere.

Last edited:

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Deep Rock Galactic's Space Rig

Ironforge.
maxresdefault.jpg

Dwarves know how to make architecture

Gorger

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Limsa Lominsa - A more wretched hive of scum and villainy there rarely was, but I still love it.

E11spAQX0AAFg1p

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Came to post the PSO lobby but OP and first reply were on point.
Nothing to add.

Iztok

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually liked the COD:WW2 social hub. It had cool secrets, mini games, live shooting range, 1v1 duel pit ...

j2ai5rqvmwc31.jpg

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0MzZyZ-ty8
Lion's Arch in Guild Wars 2
-GW2 was my last MMO I've enjoyed with before quitting the genre completely
-had fun with the old [GAF] guild members
-the devs decided to destroy what was essentially the biggest social hub and meeting place in the game for story reasons so kudos to them for having such balls (I've heard it gets rebuilt, but I stopped playing by that point)

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Before there was an automatic marketplace in RuneScape, everyone came to market in Falador W2 to sell their resources and use the money to buy fancy new gear. Absolute mayhem but I loved it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
Unpopular opinion but i hate most hubs and would replace them with menus in a lot of games. Especially ones that require frequent visits and require a lot of walking. Some Gaas games come to mind. Finish the mission, you're in the hub. Walk 1 minute to the store to sell shit, then 2min go to the smith to upgrade, bonus negative points if there are different ones for weapons and armor and are in different places, 5 minuts to pick up a quest that tells you to go talk to someone in the other side of the hub, he tells you to go pick something up upstairs, do that and come back and noe you have the mission and then 2 more minutes to go back to the mission table.

I shouldnt say most hubs but most hubs i engaged with. Most of them are in single player games where it doesn't really bother me. Except doom eternal. Hated it there.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Already been said but Ironforge before they changed things up. It was incredible.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Limsa Lominsa in Final Fantasy 14. If you want to see the newest fashion trends or just want to see peeps doing weird stuff without a care in the world then that's your city.

Ancient Dragon City from Perfect World. Though i often dreaded going back there. The performance was always tanking since there were so many players in one place, many who had there own stands there where they sold or bought stuff from other players. Often you couldn't see your own char in the crowd of other players. It was an... experience for sure.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Inkopolis!

1200px-Inkopolis_Square_Splatoon_2_promo_image_1.jpg

Unpopular opinion but i hate most hubs and would replace them with menus in a lot of games. Especially ones that require frequent visits and require a lot of walking. Some Gaas games come to mind. Finish the mission, you're in the hub. Walk 1 minute to the store to sell shit, then 2min go to the smith to upgrade, bonus negative points if there are different ones for weapons and armor and are in different places, 5 minuts to pick up a quest that tells you to go talk to someone in the other side of the hub, he tells you to go pick something up upstairs, do that and come back and noe you have the mission and then 2 more minutes to go back to the mission table.

I shouldnt say most hubs but most hubs i engaged with. Most of them are in single player games where it doesn't really bother me. Except doom eternal. Hated it there.
Splatoon has the best of both worlds, a walkable hub OR a menu if youre in a hurry!

1*krJ8Whc_JRRa_oYdAiAhaw.jpeg

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Stormwind from WoW, Ayan Baqur from Asherons call, limsa lominsa from ff14, San d'oria from ff11 are the biggest standouts for me. Spent so much time just kicking around in those areas. Fond memories.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Limsa Lominsa - A more wretched hive of scum and villainy there rarely was, but I still love it.

E11spAQX0AAFg1p
This. It's fun to idle and let the cinematic camera do it's thing from time to time. That and eavesdrop on the weird ass conversations people publicly have, or listen to the random player bands that show up to play covers of various songs while everyone Cheer Wave and Bee's Knees Dances next to them.

Bengraven