Oct 26, 2017
I don't know, I was watching a lot of these recently as they returned from their two year break so that's why I'm making the thread.

Favorites:

Jobs vs. Gates: Just super fun flow, love the back and forth.
Russian leaders: Goes way too easy on Lenin for my liking, but covers a decent bit of fucked up stuff from Russian leaders and all the changes and perspectives are really cool.
Directors: Michael Bay's character here is amazing.
Newton vs. Bill Nye: Weird Al crushed it.
Greats vs. Ivan the Terrible: Alexander's verse in particular is super great.
Edgar Allen Poe vs. Stephen King: King's constant references actually make sense as his claim to being better is the scoreboard. "You'll always be less, Never more" is also a great ending line.
Zeus vs. Thor: The animation is so good.
Hannibal vs. Jack the Ripper: I think the rhyming here is really good.

Most hated:

Doctor Who vs. Doc Brown: Jesus christ Doc's character sucks in this. The first verse is good to be fair, but I love Doc Brown and he's so bad here.
Batman vs. Holmes: This one was so bad it's the only one that has gotten referenced in later songs as being terrible.
Superman vs. Goku: "Another Superman who will never walk again" is horribly distasteful and gross. Worst line in the series.
Jordan vs. Ali: Please don't make Parkinson's jokes.
Eastwood vs. Bruce Lee: Just a massively racist song.

I'm suffering from jetlag and my wife is asleep suffering from jet lag worse so this thread was made, I'm sorry in advance.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
I saw rap in the title and thought hip hop and then I read the OP

Didn't even notice this was a thing but it's cool

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The James Bond vs Austin Powers one made me realise just how much I want a modern Austin Powers film with someone other than Mike Myers.

Also "as a matter of fact I've got a knack for licking old c*nts!" is an underrated line.

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
The James Bond vs Austin Powers one made me realise just how much I want a modern Austin Powers film with someone other than Mike Myers.

Also "as a matter of fact I've got a knack for licking old c*nts!" is an underrated line.

I actually really like that one too, lol.

"You're like all the sex I've ever had, unprotected!"

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Romeo and Julie vs Bonny and Clyde is a favourite of mine too.

"Oh Romeo? OH NOMEO!!!"

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I don't really like the rap but the beat on "Genghis Khan vs the Easter Bunny" might be one of the best in the series.

Best:
Directors
Shaka vs Ceasar
Pretty much any of them with Watksy and/or Sherwin

Edit: Because the above is right, RJ vs BC is fuckin great.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the Cleopatra vs Marilyn Monroe one having a miscarriage joke that made me laugh.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Can't hate any of them. I'll go through the entire catalogue every few months or so and find new appreciations for some of them.

One I haven't seen yet in this thread is RoboCop vs the Terminator.

Sick beats AND killer lines - a classic

Batman vs. Holmes is bad?! Sounds like we got ourselves a salty Batman fan here!

Directors will always, always be my favorite, but Poe vs. King is up there for me with how much Watsky and Zack put into their respective parts. That said, the twist in Bonnie & Clyde vs. Romeo & Juliet had me rolling.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I always go back to Romeo and Juliet. Juliet was too damn good, "you there, wench with the neck of a chicken".

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
The raps featuring historical figures rapping about their historical exploits are the best.
Featuring modern celebrities is lame.

Cleopatra vs Marilyn was hilariously mean spirited lol. It was great.

Boba Fett vs Deadpool is the GOAT though. So many great lines.
It was surprising to find out that Peter and Lloyd knew next to nothing about Deadpool before writing that song, because they got so much of his personality in there to go with all the references. Even with the clear bias towards Fett, they did really well with the back-and-forth that the battle entailed.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
This is probably my favorite. For the longest time it was the Bill and Ted vs. Lewis and Clark one.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
I know Genghis Khan vs the Easter Bunny is universally hated but I think the music on that particular rap battle is this the best in the entire series.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Stephen King vs. Edgar Allen Poe is my favorite as a literary individual, loved the references and the iambic pentameter of Poe's lines.

Stalin vs. Rasputin was also really good, as well as Steve Jobs vs Bill gates.

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Einstein v Hawking wins the award for the best single burn.
"There are ten million million million million million million million particles in the universe that we can observe, yo mama took the ugly ones and put them into one nerd"

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Einstein v Hawking wins the award for the best single burn.
"There are ten million million million million million million million particles in the universe that we can observe, yo mama took the ugly ones and put them into one nerd"

Yeah, that's probably my favorite single line too.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Steve Jobs v. Bill Gates
Stephen King v. Edgar Allen Poe
Issac Newton v. Bill Nye

These are my top 3 for sure. I don't really remember any other ones.

"I was born on Christmas. I'm God's gift."

Edit: Oh crap.. I forgot about the Skrillex one. I LOVE that one.

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama v Romney is my favorite, the ending with Lincoln is too good. Followed closely by Trump v Hillary and Issac Newton v Bill Nye.

Oh! I forgot the George RR Martin v Tolkien. So good!

Last edited:

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I really love them all.

Eastwood vs Lee: "No one in your family ever lives to see a sequel."

That's gotta be one of the coldest lines in the whole damn series. A dig at Bruce AND Brandon Lee.

Last edited:

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Eve and Adam
Hulk and Jenner

Easily the two worst. But even then they have some decent lines. The rest are great, it's a really well produced series.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably my favorite. For the longest time it was the Bill and Ted vs. Lewis and Clark one.

Yeah, this one's probably my fave too. This part in particular is one of the best bits in the series:

Cause I can sense your tension, once the verbal fencing starts commencing
There is no defense against the dents Jim Henson is dispensing
And I'm clenching all your strings like you're a puppet in suspension
Call your superhero friends in
(Yeah, cause you're gonna need Avenging)
Let me mention I'm impressed by all the vision that it took
For you to sign your name
(On all of Jack Kirby's comic books)

As for the worst, I'd definitely have to say Hulk vs. Caitlyn Jenner. Jenner may be a scumbag irl but having so many jokes revolving around her deadname and equating her transition with Hulk transforming into a monster is in extremely poor taste, to say the least.